Thread: Tactical Automag prototype thread. Please help.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tactical Automag prototype thread. Please help.

Okay, I am designing a woodsball marker that uses the excellent line of AGD products. I have been posting on PBnation about this concept marker, and I am going to post it here as well for your input. Specials thanks to the people on PBnation that have helped me thus far.

The reason behind this marker is simple: The Spec Ops Longbow, and soon to be "Black Cell" line of products disappoint me. There are dozens of reasons why the Longbow system is foolish, but its saving grace is the ADG marker that fuels it.

What is strage is that they use a TAC ONE as its base tho? Why not a Custom ULE, or even a hopped up Pro Classic? The Longbow makes NO use of the TAC ONE's picatinny rails, or most of its fast firing upgrades. It is simply overkill, and the price reflects it.

The purpose of my AGD marker concept marker is simple: To beat the Longbow at its own game. Better erganomics, balance, feel and most importantly... price!

In order to finally create this marker, Ill need a little help from you, the experts. The good news is that I got plently of nice pictures ot check out, and also I will be constructing the final approved design. That way, you can actually see the fruits of the labor put into its design.

I would like to thanks everyone who takes the times to help me design this marker. Half of the reason why I choose AGD is the fact that there is such a support base associated with the brand name, and for that I am very gratefull.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here is the basic design, and I will follow each picture with a few questions or curiosities I may have...

There are two options. One is to create a marker that allows the instalation of the Spec Ops air-thru Longbow stock...

and the other option is to create the stock from scratch, either by bending aluminium...

or C and Cing the stock peice...

So, I am curious as to which is going to end up being cheaper. The longbow stock is pricey, but less work in the long run.

Also, I am curious how to drill the stock, or aluminum, into the grip of the marker, and even the frame rail. On Pro Classic frame there are already holes in the rear, if one decides to mount their asa from the rear of the marker. Can a similar modification be made on an RT rail? I know there are not holes there already, but is this possible if one made the holes themselves? If this was possible, I could mount the stock into the frame as well, making it much more durable and steady.

Also, I am probably going to use a warp feed. This will lower the overall profile, and be somethig that can directly compete with the Qloader. The marker could end up looking something like this (is the Spec Ops stock is used...)

That is with a vert feed. I might opt to go warp feed, and not use the picatinny riser block. I am also not sure about that either.

So, as you can tell, I got alot of questions. Thanks for your patience, and for your help.

I have a Tac one, and I agree that the Longbow is rediculous. The 21 rnd tube makes the RT capabilities of the Tac1 irrelevant; furthermore, it is my understanding that the reg on the Tac1 is meant to be consistant in strings, not for "OSOK's" Anyway, I would really like a nice stock for my tac1. At least for the future, you might consider trying to find a way to attach a 98c CAR stock to the back of the tac1. It would look mean and I think it would still be functional. Regardless, I like all of your ideas. Please keep us informed.

The good news is that if the Spec Ops Longbow buttplate is attached to the rear of the Automag/TAC ONE grip (see first diagram), ANY Spec Ops stock can then be attached. Of course they would have to sell me that one peice (the buttplate), and I am not even sure if they do that.

Regardless if it works out I will post my plans here so you can try something similar to you marker. When a few more things get ironed out here, the findings should benifit all automag owners that want a more tactical feel from their marker.

Thanks for the input.

P.S. This is how the buttplate attaches itself to the bent aluminum bar...

This would be better if it could be attached ot the rt frame, and not the handle screw tho.

... and the crowd goes mild.

I like it. I've been attempting to design a way to use the automag's completely inclosed, internal design to make a more "scenario" type gun. I like your designs so far. If you need someone to throw ideas off of, feel free to email me at DSR29A@hotmail.com I have a lot of designs that I've come up with. Plus I have some connections with a machine shop.

Wow. A machine shop hookup is sweet! Really, alot of these designs are stunted, as I have to rely on "easy to make" techniques. A machining place would make alot of things a reality, alot quicker.

I will doodle around a 'lil more, and maybe if you are into the designs we can build a few. I by no means want rights to the design, and I would be thrilled and flattered if other people used it and helped me build it. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    The good news is that if the Spec Ops Longbow buttplate is attached to the rear of the Automag/TAC ONE grip (see first diagram), ANY Spec Ops stock can then be attached. Of course they would have to sell me that one peice (the buttplate), and I am not even sure if they do that.

Regardless if it works out I will post my plans here so you can try something similar to you marker. When a few more things get ironed out here, the findings should benifit all automag owners that want a more tactical feel from their marker.

Thanks for the input.

P.S. This is how the buttplate attaches itself to the bent aluminum bar...

This would be better if it could be attached ot the rt frame, and not the handle screw tho.
    I have the Longbow Stock and I needed to make it about 2" longer cause I have gorilla arms. (hence, "Silverback", ) I like this adapter, are you using aluminum bar stock, or steel?

black cell qloader = bizon

Its got a helical drive hopper and everything!

whats going on i only have one page displayed. on a side note i just talk to the qloader people there making a bracket to mount it against the lonbow system. it may be a disadvantage to the warp feed useres becuase with the q,bow set up you can push the loader more forward toward the begining of the barell. look at the pics where you see the 90 degree adapter that is where the q loader is going to start to far ahead for warp users.

BACK IN THE GAME.

I dunno. I kinda like that warp on it. Looks differnt, and rips ropes. Keep me posted on that Q mounting peice.

i was thinking a q bow that slid straight on to the long bow magwell would be sweet

i could be seen with my 20 round stick mags and when things got harry, slap on 100 rounds of heck