Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 777

Thread: Tactical Automag prototype thread. Please help.

  1. #361
    and before you even start Tyger...

    - no one cares how much you enjoy stock class, so dont even bother. You are old school? Right on dude. I am 30 years old, and played plenty of pump myself. 99 percent of the current paintball world are not idiots for choosing 200 round hoppers and semi automatic paintball markers, so stop trying to defend your personal taste.

    - No one cares how you feel about the Longbow stock length, becasue we already know it is too short. Its made for midgets... and the paintball community at large are, on average, not midgets. Old news.

    - no one is going to trust your opinion here, because you have a vested interest in supporting Special Ops as they provide you with web space for your web dog radio, and plenty of other stuff I am sure.

    - no one is intrested on how you feel I should best earn respect, or any type of inter-relation comments. Who cares. This is a paintball forum, not the Dr. Phil show. You dont like me? Be the bigger man and walk.




    Where is Spec Ops 1? Where is my pics of the Longbow? Where? Where is the one person who perfectly fits into the Longbow, and who owns a digital camera? Where did all that cash go for those Longbows go? Into research and development into a better Ion design? How do you think Tom Kaye feels about the Longbow? Do you think it fits him? Are adults not expected to use the Longbow. And it goes on and on and on.....

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BROOKLYN NYC
    Posts
    269
    i can tell you this i personal bought a longbow and as of yet had not have my questions answered. is a adapter plate being made? why is the stock higher than the barrel? why isn't the black cell ion made to the same dimension as the longbow why is the stock lower on the ion? why we can't get the makers of the longbow to take pictures of the gun in the way we specfied. i would do it but it would be bias so i ask the makers to do it i get nothing.

    i feel because they knew they goofed. its ok because i know personal people have gotten in contact with me and thank me for saving them from buying a mistake. ive done my work i know for a fact that i personaly took away sales from the longbow.

    will they correct their mistake only time will tell but one things for for spec ops is not looking good right now. unlike famousgamer i did not photoshop any improvement desgins. why should I? i spent over 1g. and still not happy. i know you guys came hard at famousgamer and other non longbow owners. but no one has come for me why. i think i did more damage than famousgamer did i have emails/phonecalls of people saying there not going to buy the longbow because of me.

    i don't care about the clip crap all i care about is HOW DOES THE GUN FEELS IN MY HANDS /BODY. I never talked about the feed system or nothing the only thing i am concerned about is HOW DO I MAKE MY LONGBOW FEEL COMFORTABLE IN MY HANDS. specops never address that issue. i am doing a write up call (THE TRUE COST OF A LONGBOW)
    BACK IN THE GAME.


  3. #363
    Right on man.

    In fact, to everyone who wants to get mad at me for critisizing the Longbow, pease take it up with LONEWOLF instead. He has paid his dues in full, and is ready to discuss anyones views that the Longbow is a fine design. LONEWOLF is a Longbow owner, and a victim of Special Ops poor marker design skills.




    So, I was looking at the height of the Longbow stock, and the height of the T stock. I then checked the pictures that Borph has submitted.

    I became concerned that my stock designs have the top line too high. The problem is that when I lower that top ine to allow for more mask clearance, I sacrifice the looks of the marker. Here, see what I mean...


    You get more room for the mask, but the stock does not look as neato. Now, looks should ALWAYS come secondary to function, so I am not super concerned, but it is a consideration.

    It seems to me that Borph has his head on a perfect angle, with his neck unstrained and in a totally natural position. Now, I do not have the naturally raised z body sight riser, but I am hoping Ill still be able to fit my melon in that space okay just the same.

    If anything, I will always have this configuration to use, in case the stock sculpting does not work out. Exact same function, just a different look.


    I figure I loose about one inch of mask clearance, and I want to make sure I dont loose any more. I also wear a Profiler, so I get a little more clearance that way... but I dont expect everyone should have to get a Profiler to use a stock with comfort either.





    Whatever happens, we can not end up with this angle....


    Sir Shrugsalot. I would never be in that firing position with a paintball marker. Shrugged shoulders, a buttplate that is too high, a head on at 45* angle, etc. Compare that pic to Borphs and decide which position youd rather play paintball in.
    Last edited by famousgamer; 03-23-2006 at 03:13 PM.

  4. #364
    Oh yeah, wasnt sure if I has shared these or not... it was kinda an attempt at re-creating the PSG-1 kinda grip, and have the Q in the stock.

    Again, this is another design will will have to try, by taping my Q Loader down onto some kinda stock to get the feel.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    How do you think Tom Kaye feels about the Longbow? Do you think it fits him?
    When I showed it to him, he thought it was really cool. He shouldered it, he seemed to like it.

    You forget, I live 10 minutes from AGD HQ. They sponsored my Web Dog shows too, does that mean my opinion of Automags is tainted? The show doesn't run anymore, and yet I still use my E-Mag. If a product is crap I won't use it. But hey, you don't seem to believe anyone buy yourself, so what's the point in arguing?

    You said I should be the "Bigger man" and walk away. Take your own advice and stop slamming a company that showed you the door.


    "Oh, you're wearing a tail and ears, you're a freak."
    "No social change has ever come about without freaks. Einstein was a freak. Ben Franklin was a freak. Martin Luther King was a freak. ...be proud to be included in those ranks."
    -2, The Ranting Gryphon

  6. #366
    [QUOTE=famousgamer]Dude. That design team at Special Ops is as usless as tits on a bull. They finally get the mask clearance issue addressed on the Black Cell Ion, and then the only picatinny rail is blocked by the vert feed![QUOTE=famousgamer]

    Fine by us (and many others) not by you. The sky is falling!

    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    The guys rushed to the defense, saying that you can "drill and tap" your Black Cell bosy for side mounted rails. They also stated that this was quick, easy, and inexpensive. What the hell? I have to "drill and tap" their retarded Ion body just so I dont have my sight blocked by the feedneck?
    You do not have to drill/tap. Drilling is optional for a better fit. The screws that come with the rail kit are self tapping ( like wood screws) In theory you could put those rails anywhere there is sufficient material to screw into.

    Occluded sights do not require clear line of sight. Also, we have "other plans" for this marker beyond what you see .

    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    Look at the estimated percentage of people out there that possess the ability to "drill and tap" their paintball markers. Then think about how many people could benifit from an unobstucted top mounted sight, without a feedneck in the way. Rediculous beyond words... and that is a marker designed by professionals.
    We wish Smart parts did a right or left feed (loved the X-mag for that option)... but alas they did not. Offset will be the best option however I hate sigting through an offset... it's wierd. I would rather use an occluded sight where it does not matter if a feedneck is in the way. Sighting with two eyes is the way to go, rather than squinting out of one and closing off precious field of vision.

    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    They couldnt have just looked at the Tac One pic rails could they? They just didnt make enough sense? Hey Special Ed Paintball, what makes you think people are not going to just buy this...

    That is the StinkOps (love that dis) DTI2 Ion body kit. http://www.deadlywind.com/store/dti2/index.html

    Those Deadlywind guys rule.

    It is only 85 bucks, and is completley milled out of a solid block of aluminum. It has its rails on angles like the Tac One body, and also has extra rails at the front of the marker, and on the front underside for laser, bipods, doo dads, etc. It is easily ten times better than the Black Cell, and I would guess it is also less expensive as well... at least after you factor in the fact that the Black Cell needs an aftermarker offset adapter or extra rails for the sides.

    Apparently SO cool that you "overlook" your preference for mask clearence. This actually has LESS than the longbow when you take into the account the shroud and rail on the longbow design... and even less still if the 45 degree rail is used as the place to mount the sight. The only only option is to use the dovetail and where is that located? Right behind the Feedneck...

    So, enlighten them on that issue. I suggest you don't do it the way you went about doing it with us.
    I doubt you would as your intelligent enough to know when your making progress or just being an ***.

    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    I dont even think Ill go back to the Special Ed forums. They are seriously a waste of time. Keep me in the know about how the Longbow debate goes LONEWOLF, even tho they closed both threads in which we were discussing it. Censoring people only serves to make them look worse, and it is pretty obvious we had blocked them into a corner that they could not get out of.
    I dig your design feedback, just not your insults. Your welcome any time. As far as blocking "us" into a corner... hardly, this product sells well for us but if it went away tomorrow... nobody at our headquarters would lose their job. (side note): AGD has not been looking good lately and we hope they stick around (we LOVE AGD) but we have been prepared to lose this marker.

    famousgamer, what I find the most odd is that you have one of the fastest growing paintball companies (us in case you were wondering) communicating with you and willing to work with you on design ideas however you spit in our face. I mean honestly... if you are about providing design ideas and feedback to a company that has breathed some life into a dying marker design... do it more intelligently. How's that saying go again? Something like: You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

    Design is one's opinion, Design is not a formula, Design is a judgement, In judgement there is a "right" and "wrong" however that system only works if everybody has the same values. The error in all your arguments is that your "come from" is that your feedback is a opinion that you treat as fact and you expect eveybody else (again your online ego is a sight to behold) to follow in suit because your right and everybody else is wrong. Again, everybody has different values... in all walks of life. We support our design with opinions on why we think it will work for a person... We rarely if ever say "This is the only way...the right way" rather "this is our way.. .perhaps you should give it a shot"

    This has what I have been trying to get through your "ego wall" since your first attacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    Give a person great service, and they tell ten people. Show em bad service, and they tell a thousand people.
    Indeed and I have done quite a bit of answering and replies to your questions and attacks and I am pretty sure you have not bought much (if anything) from us. And that is still bad service? Sheesh!
    Rory McCarthy

    AIM/Yahoo = IrishPipes79
    Roryshouse@hotmail.com

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BROOKLYN NYC
    Posts
    269
    After all this nobody still haven't answered my questions why is it about famousgamer why isn't nobody talking to lonewolf a actual longbow owner?

    famousgamer do me a favor and step out for a couple of days i want to see if they answer my questions.

    SPECOPS ANSWER LONEWOLF QUESTIONS POSTED ABOVE.

  8. #368
    Yeah seriously. TALK TO LONEWOLF. Ill be back in a few days, and just read in the meantime. Please address LONEWOLFs concerns, as Tyger and Spec Ops 1 are just using me as a diversion, and a scapegoat.

  9. #369
    hey Tyger nice to hear from you... if and when i get unbanned i might venture into spec ops again

    if you could give a good word for me i would appreciate it....next time i will not give any constructive critisism.....even though i thought i was polite in all of my statements

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by LONEWOLFOO1
    i can tell you this i personal bought a longbow and as of yet had not have my questions answered. is a adapter plate being made?
    You have PM'd me, I replied. You can PM me again anytime you wish and I will answer your questions.

    Answer: not at this time.

    I am assuming you bought a longbow kit? (side note... the kits did NOT include a weaver rail... which is admittedly dumb... I have been bugging my hard parts guys about it... it's one of those things they have not gotten around to... however they can be bought on our webstore) Or did you buy a complete longbow. I run the q-bow setup and my stock setup works great (in regards to mask clearance and sighting with my Hakko Bed-24 dot sight) for me (and everybody else at our headquarters). My only complaint is that the buttstock feels to short to me however it has the same dimensions as a m-16 in regards to the length between the trigger and the end of the buttstock. The reason it feels short has to do with the difference in the foregrip placement... meaning one grips the marker up front differently then they would on the M-16 heat shield.

    Quote Originally Posted by LONEWOLFOO1
    why is the stock higher than the barrel?
    that's the way it turned out and it worked great for us in testing and continues to work great for us presently. Again, put a weaver on there and a good site, you wont have problems. Try it, take a picture, and show everybody. I already showed a picture of me shooting it in a game.

    Quote Originally Posted by LONEWOLFOO1
    why isn't the black cell ion made to the same dimension as the longbow why is the stock lower on the ion?
    The blackcell ion can run a buttstock on it without the shroud, which also acts as a riser on the longbow model. So, to offset the difference we placed the buttstock mount lower to make up for that fact that a shroud (again, acts as a riser on the longbow) would not be present. Now when the longbow style ion configuration is run there is extra clearance because of what I previously mentioned.


    Quote Originally Posted by LONEWOLFOO1
    why we can't get the makers of the longbow to take pictures of the gun in the way we specfied. i would do it but it would be bias so i ask the makers to do it i get nothing.
    The makers of the longbow are busy making parts. So you get to deal with me, a person who most likely has the most play time logged on the setup since it's creation and also has some influence on design, development and launch of new product. Again I provided a picture of me playing in a scenario game. You can do it, and quite frankly who do you think is going to be more biased. The maker or a customer? I think at this point you are sold on the fact that it's a bad design and are not open to setting up like I recommend... you may be shocked... it may work great for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by LONEWOLFOO1
    i feel because they knew they goofed. its ok because i know personal people have gotten in contact with me and thank me for saving them from buying a mistake. ive done my work i know for a fact that i personaly took away sales from the longbow.
    The "goof" is that with such a differenct concept, perhaps we where not clear enough about the optimal setups of the marker based on our experiences with it. But then again, things that sort of "upset" the status quo are either celebrated or damned. Seldom is anybody lukewarm about new concept models. They either love it or hate it. Even though some people hate the longbow, it has created long threads of debates and sparked the imagination (even if in disgust) of different designs! Think about how many others are drawn to the conflict dynamic. It's the classic fight/circle scenario: People see a battle, they are compelled to check it out (as this is a fascinating break to their routine) and will naturally take a side or at the very least guess "who's gonna win?". When the battle clears, lessons are learned by all, even those who did not actively participate in the "fight".

    It's human nature. So sales may have been taken away from the longbow, but also sales may have increased because of the "conflict". Or as famousgamer intelligently put "Let me yang..." And famousgamer has and I love it! He sparked some cool designs "yag-ing" off your "yin". Very cool stuff... everybody wins in this regard. Bummer about the passive aggressive digs though.


    [QUOTE=LONEWOLFOO1]
    will they correct their mistake only time will tell but one things for for spec ops is not looking good right now. unlike famousgamer i did not photoshop any improvement desgins. why should I? i spent over 1g. and still not happy. i know you guys came hard at famousgamer and other non longbow owners. but no one has come for me why. i think i did more damage than famousgamer did i have emails/phonecalls of people saying there not going to buy the longbow because of me.

    If you did not like it you were more than welcome to exchange it or return it if you were not happy. We are simply countering arguments against the bad or doing our best to recommend setup changes to optimize/shift performance to the users preference. Also, why did'nt you call up Special Ops and say "hey can I talk to somebody who owns one of these things?" Or, message me personally with specific questions and solutions to your issues with the marker? So, PM box is always open however it feels like you are more set on being a victim of bad design.

    Quote Originally Posted by LONEWOLFOO1
    i don't care about the clip crap all i care about is HOW DOES THE GUN FEELS IN MY HANDS /BODY. I never talked about the feed system or nothing the only thing i am concerned about is HOW DO I MAKE MY LONGBOW FEEL COMFORTABLE IN MY HANDS. specops never address that issue. i am doing a write up call (THE TRUE COST OF A LONGBOW)
    Well the issue that you are speaking of is that of personal preference. There is no "right" answer to your "personal preference" question, only suggestions based on our OWN preference. So if our suggestions do not suit you does that make the gun bad? For you personally the answer is "yes" but for other people quite possibly "no".

    Regarding your article: I assume you mean "The cost of getting a longbow suited to my preference" Longmouthed title however more accurate. My q-bow "as-is" would retail for about 1300.00 because I have a carbon barrel and a slew of q-pods (q-pods IMHO are a ***** to work with... but... yeah...)
    and a 160.00 Hakko Bed 24 holo site. So that's my individual cost for getting a q-bow up to my preference.

    This is a great thing to do... to share experience with people. The "greater good" responsibility that comes with this human trait is: Do I share my experience objectively? Or, am I imposing mine on people that may taint their own experience/opinion?

    Call me: 855 206 6006 ext 3002 if you would like to talk more about it and are honestly interested in a forward moving conversation about your longbow.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BROOKLYN NYC
    Posts
    269
    Just to let you know that i read your email i will have a return post soon i am at work.

  12. #372
    umm not to get back on topic..... but

    http://rap4.com/paintball/os/vertica...or-p-1499.html

    what if you had this and attached it to a ule warp body?

    i don't have a warp body nor the q-loader but if i did i would want the loader and pods closest to the body as possible.. maybe if someone with both the q-loader and warp would want to buy this and test it out for us... i would just pick all the items up and make my ideal mag..

    or maybe since it looks like it's mounted on there with set screws it may slip since it's on the side.. :P
    Last edited by marpat; 03-24-2006 at 04:20 PM.

  13. #373
    I was checking that adapter out MARPAT, but I swear I saw someone just mount their Q out a warp feed tube without it, tho it may have been like that for the picture. Sticking the Q out a warp side would be pretty ideal, as it gets in the way of nothing, and still would not get banged around as much as if it were on the bottom.

    I am pretty suprised that no one around the Special Ops fctory has any issues with the Longbow design. It cetainly is not designed for the "status quo". For one, the stock is not adjustable, and people tend to be of differing sizes and shapes. There is also no way your mask can fit in to look thru a red dot that space without a signifigant riser. It also is not supplied with a pic rail? Oh man, its gets better and better.

    So, Special Ops doesnt think there is a problem, and that somehow it is a freak incident that both LONEWOLF and Silentmike (among others) have issues with it. So far, it seems the majority of confirmed Longbow owners I have met have strong issues with the Longbows design, but somehow it still appeals to the masses? Weird.

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    There is also no way your mask can fit in to look thru a red dot that space without a signifigant riser.
    Pics for ya. Mask is a solid plastic Xtreme Rage 20/20.



    Front side.



    Edit: oops forgot to load second photo.

    Check back on the rebuttal later... going paragliding!

  15. #375
    Hehe. Dude, come on. The pic on the bottom. The sight should be at your eyeline, dontcha think? You are aiming upwards, putting the sight above your eye.

    Weird. It does actually looks like it fits great tho! It seriously does. Your head is hardly even on an angle at all!

    So, even with the very slight difference in angles, why is this kids head on an angle?

    In the top pic his head is almost a 45* angle, and you can see his head is tilted on the bottom one as well and stll doesnt reach a good position. But yours does Spec Ops!

    He is much smaller than you, wearing a Profiler, and still can hardly fit in there. I even put your red dot on his marker, just to see if his eyes were gettin any closer. Look at the angle of his head compared to yours! His head is tilted dude, and yours isnt. Amazing.

    Its does look like you fit that marker good tho. It seriously does. It doesnt fit that kid tho, and I am confused now. Good job tho. Yer pics are very convincing.

    I do not understand the two sets of pics next to eachother, besides they are at very slightly different angles.



    ... and the stock is way too short, but we all knew that already.

  16. #376
    LOL. Seriously. Look at those pics next to eachother. I wanna see more. The difference between the two is dramatic. The camera angles are very similar as far as left to right positioning.

    Dude, yer head aint even on an angle in that top pic! Look at that kid cram! Its magic!

    But... I either got to see pics from LONEWOLF, another Longbow owner... or just buy one myself and sell the kit on Ebay and keep the Tac One. Thanks for taking and submitting the pics Spec Ops.

    If anyone else does take pics, aim at the camera please for the straight on shot. Thanks.

  17. #377
    LOL. nah. Its a crap angle on that straight on shot, and since your head isnt even on an angle in the lower shot you can not be looking thu the sight.

    Is your forehead aiming thru the red dot, or are you just aiming up, cuz I know you dont have THAT much of an excess in mask clearance. Its a bunk angle, and its not what people are providing as shouldered Longbow pics. It is a good shot from the side tho... but dude, your head is not on an angle at all. How can you look over the marker if you aint even tilting your head?

    These are angles people are submitting. Either match them, or yer pics are not accurate.

    You see the difference? He is aiming at the camera, not above it. The angle you have shown with yer Longbow is not fooling me for a second.

    At least we now know you own a digital camera, so I shouldnt be too tuff to get a real pic from you. And put a barrel in the marker so we can see its straightness in relation to the marker (should be stright on), as it seems you conviniently left it out of those last pics.

  18. #378
    I Guess I just aimed above the camera? It was not intentional as I just grabbed our photographer really quick and said" her take these two pics"

    Bam, Bam done in about 20 seconds.

    If I angle the gun up or down (facing the camera) my head tilt will be the same. It looks like my eye line is below because I guess i was aiming above the camera. I'll try again on monday and provide the other angle.

  19. #379
    Two problems I'm seeing with the kid's stance. His shoulder line is at a 90 degree angle to his line of fire where Spec.Ops1's is at a slight angle (left shoulder more foreward than right).

    A result of the kid's stance is that he is hunching his sholders upward and bending his neck at an angle to see down the sight. His neck bending is compounded by the fact that if you look at the side-on photo, the stock is placed very low on his shoulder. He could remove some of the crink in his neck merely by placing the stock an inch or two higher and reduce the angle his neck has to be at.

    If the kid adjusted his stance to match Spec.Op1's he would probably be amazed at how much nicer it felt.

    He is probably acting like I was on my first real golfing experience. The clubs just felt weird in my hands until my brother-in-law (who was born with a 9-iron in his hands) showed me the proper stance for a good swing. I still sucked at golf but it did feel more natural once I learned how to swing properly.

  20. #380
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kodiak, Alaska
    Posts
    680
    look its spec ops 1's birthday.
    t

  21. #381
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BROOKLYN NYC
    Posts
    269
    sorry i haven't answered in a couple of days i took a trip to my local paintball shop and had some pics taking with my friend alex he is a fifteen+ year player thats currently playing tourneys i pic him beacuase he is the smallest player i know just to show how much you need to bend to see thru a sight. i realy feel they had midgets in mind when they design this really i do.














    as you can see you have to shrug up your shoulder to look thru the sight i am not buying a hakko sight screw tha!!!t in the other pics he is holding a sp8 you don't have to bend your head as much to look thru the sight. alex said this would defintly give his shoulders and neck pain the sp8 is a much better fit.

    just make a adapter plate do you need help to design it?

    look over the pics tell me what you think

    spec ops i may take you up on the return of my longbow kit. since no effort is being made to make the stock adjustable i am tired of spending more money. i may take it out to my big game i am throwing to let other people see your design. i had other people in the store hold it as well and some said its not bad but they held that sp8 and they felt the difference. much more comfortable
    Last edited by LONEWOLFOO1; 03-26-2006 at 03:03 PM.

  22. #382
    Excellent pictures LONEWOLF. That really shows what we are discribing perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to not only take the pics, but also for doing them right. That SP8 is lookin gbetter and better to me. And wow, an offset feedneck... a lesson the Black Cell should have taken.

    L.S.N.S. The "Longbow Sore Neck Synrome" at work, and Borphs pain free setup...

    Yes, there is a raise to Borphs setup, but his stock is also much lower than the Longbow stock. That makes the difference. Also notice that the T stock is potentially longer (it is adjustable) and more comfy. That Longbow stock seems to get shorter and shorter the more I look at it.

    And, ummm.... I think that you were fudging yer pics a bit on purpose Spec Ops. For example...

    Notice anything weird? Your head is not even tilted Spec Ops, and I think it is highly unlikley that you are somehow reaching the red dot with your eye without tilting your melon.

    Since taking those pics only took you "20 seconds" Spec Ops, I am sure you will not mind submitting some new ones where you are in fact looking thru the red dot? Oh, and Happy Birthday.



    EDIT: I included this one just for fun...

    The mystery stock... and the man that aims with his forehead.



    You know... on a personal note. I sometimes feel bad that I have made such efforts to study and critisize the Longbow stock placement issue. I feel guilty because it is so abundantly clear that the Longbow setup is a bad design, and it is a fact that hardly needs explaining.

    Then I think about the pricetag of the Longbow, and how many people discover it is a bad design, only it is too late. There is no value with the Longbow. I also think about a company that does not mind having its consumers use sub-standard marker designs. I also think about a company that can mill a 20 dollar stock adapter to solve the stock problems (an idea which we provided for free) and still does nothing.

    I am glad that all Longbow owners get into the Automag world tho. The automags rock, as we all well know, and I am thrilled that prospective woodsball snipers learn about the Automag, even if their stocks are too high and their necks hurt. That isnt the markers fault.

    At any rate, I am done with the Longbow stock placement issue. I hope the adapters come out, and if anyone wants to use my adapter designs you may. A Longbow with an "adapted" stock is a great marker any way you slice it.

    At any rate, I am not going to debate the stock being a good placement or not, because it simply is not. Same with the length, and the lack of adjustability. It is not a matter of preference either. Its just bad, and that fact is not worth debating any longer.

    Should people still buy Longbows? Sure man! Thats a Tac One under the hood! But then... they could just buy a Tac One... and actually use its picatinny rails... for starters....

    So, on with the designs.
    Last edited by famousgamer; 03-26-2006 at 06:55 PM.

  23. #383
    Stripped down, and lightweight.


    Im starting to look at more obscure rifle references now. Here is a really stripped down Cheyenne Tactical, and my design in comparison. I also have shown a rear view of the stock and Q Loader, and have shown how the butt plate kind of cradles the Q.

    I also added a "snier grip" to the bottom of the grip frame, which also hides the Q mounting bracket. There is a foregrip extender that would have a pic rail on it, for a foregrip and bipod.

    I can already notice that the stock might be too long on my design, to compensate for the Q Loader under there.

    And that is my long silencer, that supresses the muzzle and porting. More info on that in the future.

    EDIT: with the old slanted Q position....


    Not sure if it will fit, but looks mighty comfy if it does.

    Here is my design in relation to the French Hecate sniper rifle.


    That makes me a little more confident with that stock length. I might need to pad the bottoms of the Q pods tho, for when I rest it down while using a bipod (which shoul be hardly ever)

    Imagine for a second if this might work...


    Not likley that this configuration will work... but if it did? Wowza! That configuration actually involves sawing the T stock short, as it would run into the Q pod. Id have to continue the stock straight, probably by welding a straight peice to it, with a t joint at the end for the buttplate.

    This is the setup I am going to "tape up" first. Im gonna use masking tape to place the Q all over the mag, and find the final spot that way. Ill show pics when I can.

    but... if it turns out that packing all that stuff into the smallest shape possible doe snot pan out, Ill will probably just go with this setup, based on the Borph pattern... tried and tested...

    All parts off the shelf, except for the "foregrip extender" type peice with the pic rail... and the silencer of course.
    Last edited by famousgamer; 03-26-2006 at 08:05 PM.

  24. #384
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.
    Posts
    1,210
    I see your problem Famousgamer.

    You handle your paintgun like a paintgun. So did the test subject who was handed the Longbow.

    SpecOps1 handles it like a FIREARM.

    If you ever shot a rifle, you'd see the difference. To note, using your pictures.



    Forget the head tilt, see where the stock rests? Notice the body positioning? Notice the stance? You're comparing two COMPLETELY different styles of shooting. On the left is a traditional "tournament" style of playing sideways and playing tight, on the RIGHT is a more stable firearms style.

    Come to look at it, the player on the right couldn't shoulder his stock like that and shoot the paintgun. As you can see the air nipple is completely blocked into his shoulder. So there's no way a remote line could feed into it.

    Oh, and just for note, look at the finger placement and who's ON the trigger, and who isn't. That's showing who's background is where.

    And thus we come to the overall PROBLEM with your argument. The gun is only flawed if you shoot with a sideways stance. It could be argued, therefore, that your stance is flawed. A few hundred years of gun design can't be wrong, can it?

    -Tyger
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-26-2006 at 08:05 PM.

  25. #385
    LOL. People that fire firearms do not wear paintball masks. Fundimental difference.

    So, when yer head is twice as big you need "mask clearance". You can shoot your gun like a real gun, paint gun, or even pop gun. Any way you shoot it, you need to fit your head into the space where the red dot is.. if you wanna use it.

    Thats the problem with the Longbow. And besides, you know as well as I do that Spec Ops aint looking down his sight in that pic. Seriously. His head isnt even tilted, and it has nothing to do with "shooting style". If the stock travels straight out from the marker, how can the head NOT be tilted and still fit into the space where the eye needs to be to look into the red dot? Seriously Tyger... its common sense. Spec Ops is caught in a lie, and the picture proves it.
    Last edited by famousgamer; 03-26-2006 at 08:17 PM.

  26. #386
    Here is the default pattern for a tactical setup, mainly made with "on the shelf" parts. Lotsa mask clearance, in case you shoot your marker "tourney style".



    When did "tournament style" shooting involve turning your head on a 45* angle? That head position is called "retarded Longbow stock placement style".

  27. #387
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    If the stock travels straight out from the marker, how can the head NOT be tilted and still fit into the space where the eye needs to be to look into the red dot? Seriously Tyger... its common sense.
    *I* can do it with mine.

    Oh, and it was a lone gunman too.

  28. #388
    I can not beleive I need to explain this... but here goes...

    Well, I guess common sense is not so common after all...

    So, tell me how you can get your eye into the place where it needs to be to look into a red dot WITHOUT tilting your head?

    No tilt...


    With tilt...


    Now, from these two pictures, try to guess who IS NOT looking through the red dot because he is not tilting his head?


    How does that work Tyger? Not tilting your head and having your eye on top the stock?

    Even with Borphs setup you need to tilt your head, and the Longbow blocks twice as much of a mask as Borphs setup does.

    Anyways,. that is exactly why I dont want to debate this anymore. Its is so retarded, and I am so startled by peoples complete lack of common sense on the issue. What a dead horse. The design sucks. It just does. Dont lie about it and make up stories about your magical eyes and untilting heads.

  29. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger
    *I* can do it with mine.

    Oh, and it was a lone gunman too.
    In fact, because you are lying to new prospective Longbow buyers out there in order to confuse them from seeing the truth.. prove you can look through a Longbow red dot without tilting your head at all. Go ahead. You got a camera... probably several. In fact, use ANY red dot on ANY marker that has a stock (including Tippmann A5's etc.) and try not to tilt your head. I will accept those pics as proof positive as well.

    Here are some of my fave head tilt memories from the past...

    Ah, who can forget SWATS head cramming demonstration...

    P.S. SWAT uses a "firearms" style of shooting, according to him. Still crammin tho.

    And what about this little gem...

    Ouch. Hurts just lookin at it. Thats a Longbow by the way. He must be using a "tournament style" of shooting.

    And here is a fave of mine...

    OOPS! Sorry. None of these guys are head cramming. They do not have stocks that are too high! Thats why! A miracle of common sense! Ugh. I guess in the game of PAINTBALL it is better to have a PAINTBALL gun designed to be shot by PAINTBALL players wearing PAINTBALL masks. Ya think?

  30. #390
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.
    Posts
    1,210
    Why bother?

    You've already made up YOUR mind, and your agenda is to slam a company based on your opinion of a single product. Any "proof" you demand you automatically refute as being faked. So evenif I produce pictures, you'll automatically say it's faked, photoshopped, and otherwise altered.

    At least that's the pattern that's emerged so far.

    If you don't like it, do better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •