Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Automag prototype thread. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by [HS]Div
    in the tac one and all other mags is the feed line able to be run throught the front handle of the gun?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by [HS]Div
    in the tac one and all other mags is the feed line able to be run throught the front handle of the gun?
    You'll need a gas-thru foregrip (or expansion chamber for CO2)
    http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fu...&categoryID=91

and a vertical ASA adapter
    http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fu...&categoryID=95

That one's for the RT Pro rail, but you can still find ones for classic rails on eBay. Just search under the paintball category for automag vertical adapter.
    -DocJ

ReTroMag: XValve, ZBody, 12" Lapco Bigshot .697, Extreme Rage Omega body rail, Armson folding foregrip, ProLine Autoresponse (intellifed), Dye Stickies, Adco Hot Shot
    Hopper: 12v VL Revolution (XBoard, Vortex) WarpFeed (Bigcell), ProTeam Pro Feed
    Remote: 3K Flatline, Furon coiled hose, Staubli ProConnect QD w/shut off, Smart Parts gas-thru stock, Back Bottle Adapter, microline, 1+2 made from an Army surplus gas mask bag

Quote Originally Posted by borph
    You'll need a gas-thru foregrip (or expansion chamber for CO2)
    http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fu...&categoryID=91

and a vertical ASA adapter
    http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fu...&categoryID=95

That one's for the RT Pro rail, but you can still find ones for classic rails on eBay. Just search under the paintball category for automag vertical adapter.

Actualy you not need to BUY a gas trough fore grip if he gets a TacOne it comes with it so the only purchase he will need to make is the airlines thats it.

new stock idea for the tactical mag...thanks special ops

biggest problem would be the price
    still its a cool intermediat between a hight stock with no mask room nad a gas through tstock

although famous design is quit impresive and minus the molding would be alot cheaper

oh and i was thinking that a easy alternative set up for the qloader would be a warp feed body, cms mount atached to a warp moundting bracket it would be left of the gun a litte and easy to access

edit: it does look like a familiar idea though doesnt it.....but im glad someone is paying attention

now we know how much that adapter plate we wanted was...$35 but i dont think you can buy it seperatly
    Last edited by paintball_fiend; 05-28-2006 at 04:37 AM.

where can i get a battery housing like this

cammo

just wanted to know your suggestions on cammo
    in my area durring summer it gets extreamly green...very tall grass and alot of dense trees...its kansas but emporia has 2 rivers that run through it givning lots of water for vegitation also its not western kansas

anyway marpat looks way to brown and specops has annoying white or tan bits that i dont like

so far tiger strip and woodland blend in about the best is there a really good alternative that is digital.
    cadpat looks close but seems to have like neon green spots way too bright

although marpat like yours famous would make the perfect fall camo for me

here are some pictures of me last week at our feild wareing tigerstripe and my best friend waring woodland. also that is my modified tactical zeus...drilled for standard vertical, delrin bolt, quick caps

sorry about the image quality it was a throw away camera

Last edited by paintball_fiend; 05-28-2006 at 02:16 PM.

If you like Tigerstripe, yet want to jump on the digital bandwagon, take a look at this:

I was thinking of going the route of famousgamer and have a sign shop make a vinyl decal of it for me and do my gun up. The unfortunate thing is that you would probably run up against copyright mumbo jumbo and all that.

You can read more about Tigerpat here:
    http://www.hyperstealth.com/tigerpat/

and here

http://www.tspcamo.com/

I dont know if any clothing is actually released in this pattern yet. That web page mentioned that Law enforcement agencies are anticipating their release. But it was written in 2004. The Tiger Stripe Products page says that they have an online store "opening soon". Who knows when that will be. Personally, I was all set to go with the standard ACU BDU's. but looking at Tiger Stripes site again, I might wait till their online stuff comes up and buy some digital patterns from them. I hate waiting though.
    Last edited by RT Old School; 05-28-2006 at 03:14 PM.

this is my problem with acupat you look like a marshmellow in the woods

it seems like the people that made this desing had a briliant idea but forgot all about matching color to your background....although it would probably work wonders in the desert but who plays paintball there!

mockup of what the new specops stock would look like on our guns

camo #2

trying to compare

Quote Originally Posted by paintball_fiend
    this is my problem with acupat you look like a marshmellow in the woods

it seems like the people that made this desing had a briliant idea but forgot all about matching color to your background....although it would probably work wonders in the desert but who plays paintball there!

I dont think that this picture is a fair representation on the ACU in the woods. This shot is in the glaring sun, no shade, etc. Its been my experience that the ACU matches fairly well to the color and texture of tree trunks, (especially ones that have been painted up.) wood spools and deadlimbs that most woods fields bunkers are made of. Add the splotchy lighting of sun through leaves onto the ground, and I think it does pretty good. I do think that the tiger striped version would work a little better than the current ACU BDU's. Unfortunately, from re-reading those websites, it doesnt look like its going to be out in the immediate future. Most of the fields I play at are commercial fields, not renegade ball. The commercial fields have considerably less green from the constant trampelling they suffer. On the rare occasions that I do play in more lush and green woods, I think something with more green, like the Spec Ops stuff, works better. I just cant bring myself to buy into all the propoganda that Spec Ops spews most of the time, nor pay what they are asking for camo gear. Lots of people do, though, and they seem to like their stuff. I just tend to be a little more frugal.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Old School
    I dont think that this picture is a fair representation on the ACU in the woods. This shot is in the glaring sun, no shade, etc. Its been my experience that the ACU matches fairly well to the color and texture of tree trunks, (especially ones that have been painted up.) wood spools and deadlimbs that most woods fields bunkers are made of. Add the splotchy lighting of sun through leaves onto the ground, and I think it does pretty good. I do think that the tiger striped version would work a little better than the current ACU BDU's. Unfortunately, from re-reading those websites, it doesnt look like its going to be out in the immediate future. Most of the fields I play at are commercial fields, not renegade ball. The commercial fields have considerably less green from the constant trampelling they suffer. On the rare occasions that I do play in more lush and green woods, I think something with more green, like the Spec Ops stuff, works better. I just cant bring myself to buy into all the propoganda that Spec Ops spews most of the time, nor pay what they are asking for camo gear. Lots of people do, though, and they seem to like their stuff. I just tend to be a little more frugal.

thats cool i gues i just wont step into any light patches......?
    the colors still dont match green green green wooded areas

ALSO i noticed when looking at the picture that the woodland camo still blends in quite well when you take it out of the dark

Im not saying that ACU is the end all, be all of camos, but I think its better than alot of stuff out there. And stepping into a light patch is much different from what that pic is depicting. I would probably rate MARPAT slightly higher than ACU for most areas, I just know that for my region I would prefer ACU.

sorry... i couldnt help my self

lol that way a person could look like big dead bush

lol that way a person could look like big dead bush

thats my 9th gen suite im currently using 10th gen version and IMO allot better =)

where can i get a battery housing like this
    Thats a Pro-team Products Micro-emag battery housing. Pro team has them available for sale, but I think they are gone. Talk to them or ask RRFireblade if he knows anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Thats a Pro-team Products Micro-emag battery housing. Pro team has them available for sale, but I think they are gone. Talk to them or ask RRFireblade if he knows anything.
    i sent a pm to RRFireblade thank you very much for you help

ok new question
    all of the tactical mags ...or atleast most are running of remote
    what is the best pack because i have 2 different packs that take tanks one isnt big enough to hold qpods
    and on the NXe stabes me in the back with the top of my 20 oz

here is an example not mine....see how high up the remote asa is

Anyone ever try these .... saw them while on warpig Overwraps

Quote Originally Posted by Coralis
    Anyone ever try these .... saw them while on warpig Overwraps

I actually emailed them last week asking if they had digital patterns. He said that they had both digital woodland and desert. (Not the ACU I was hoping for). He said that he mailed me a sample of both digital prints. I'll let you know how they look when they get here.

i found this on specops they make custom senario guns and use automags parts.

http://www.reapercustompaintball.com/

he started that project when the Armotech forums were still around, I saw the first prototype and it sparked my first ever look into automags and AO. that first post here got me onto my scenario team AND now i own 4 automags...I love it.

The way that guy builds those things is amazing, If i liked M4s i would have saved up to own one.

Paintball_Fiend

not to sound like im plugging a product at all but if you play a lot of woodsball and scenario its smart to buy gear that lasts and holds up under any condition.

I reccomend because ive had the same one for 3 years now, cops911

That vest us VERY nice, you can switch almost all the pockets around and add more or take some off as you desire.

Every thing on it is custom made as you desire it, F/E all of my pod pockets are slightly oversized for Q-pods with also fits 140's and 160's perfectly. I have 2 radio holders and 8 pod pouches. the padding in the shoulders is ultra nice and i pretty much love everything about the vest.
    (In talking about camo colors check out there Jungle Camo digi, its works nicely)

the only problem with a cops vest is the price, but you've gotta pay for the massive amount of customizablilty (and its nice to be able to add things on later)

The Cheaper alternative is a Flurry vest. for me it doesnt hold enough pods easily and it just doesnt have the same storage posssible, though i do like its padding too.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

thanks cowboy i have been a fan of cops 911 for a long time

In regards to the camo question I have but one reply: Multicam.

I LOVE Muticam and all of the Crye products.

Why didnt I get Multicam? Too expensive... well at least it was a year ago. You see, a year ago the only Crye multicam that was availible was from actual Crye products. There was no knock-off companies using Multicam on regular BDUs yet.

Nowadays you can get a blouse and pants for the same price as ACU or MARPAT BDUs, as they are made overseas. Check out Ebay. Special Ops also has all their harnesses and vests availible in Multicam to match. You can even get Multicam hose covers and hats for cheap.

If I could get all my stuff all over again I would do it with Multicam.

Why you ask? Check this out.

There are lots of other resources availible on Multicam online, and they are worth a read.

The pattern is excellent. It is VERY drab. Not too dark and not too light. It is one of the only camo patterns to ever have a halftone color (its base color) which means that it actually becomes darker and then lighter in other spots.

Marpat is nice, but very bright. After 20 washes it starts to do what Multicam does to a lesser degree. ACU is slightly too bright for the woods, but is not bad and looks nice. I find traditional woodland too dark and attention grabbing in many situations. Still pretty good tho. Just my two cents.

Since I am such a Mutlicam multinerd I thought you might enjoy these pics in this gallery...

http://www.multicampattern.com/IMAGES.htm

speaks for itself. I was impressed.

Wow I'm impressed, I can't find them for cheap though ANYWHERE, I'm looking if anyone knows where please advise

Where you been hiding at, famousgamer? Now that they let you back on Spec Ops I havent seen much of you here. That mulitcam looks like an incredible product. One advantage that the digital products have is that they are so popular, you can find tons of accessories that match. The cheapest I found ACU's (and I did a LOT of looking) was $74.00 (US) shipped for the pants and blouse. And even though I said I wasnt a "vest guy" most of the time, I went ahead and ordered a matching ACU vest through RAP4. The multicam looked like it has lots of molle vests and pouches available. but that special forces stuff is EXPENSIVE! A couple of retailers around here sell the high end tactical gear (BlackHawk being the most prevelant) but it would cost a ton to outfit a standard vest with a couple of pouches. Also I think it would work better for Airsoft, where you can use standard military pouches . As we all know, our paintball stuff is just too oddly shaped, and the pouches dont fit quite right. Like you said, all we can do is wait a while and hope some manufacturers come out with a cheaper version more suited to the paintballers needs.

and when you mention the accesory thing that is exactly why I went with a digital pattern. You cab get everything you need right away, for a decent price when you choose a popular camo pattern.

It is unfortunate that certain patterns cost more than others, but it is going to level out one day. I just cant wait to see what the next pattern will be like.

Do a quick search on Ebay for "multicam" and you will find people making shirts and pants for cheap. They are mainly based out of Hong Kong, and supply mainly to the airsoft people. With luck you can get a decent deal, but nothing too inexpensive as of yet. Ill personally make the switch one day, but I am enjoying the Marpat quite alot. Very distinct.