Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Automag prototype thread. Please help.

Here's my tactical style 'Mag. In MiniMag mode, and in Rifle mode ...

Here's a close up of the modified mount for the stock. It's a JCS Signature Series universal fit, but there is a enough meat on the mount that you can cut off most of it, tap a second hole, and make it fir the stock back bottle holes ...

I did this 'Mag just for a goof ... I wanted to see how many sights I could put on it ... short range, medium range, and long range ...

wow, famousgamers mag sure is nice, I bet that stuff would sell if he'd make more.....

Yeah, that's right!

i want to ride my bicycle , i want to ride my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by famousgamer
    Thanks guys.

The good news is that I am very frugal when it comes to buyign paintball stuff, and this marker was not expensive.

I won an aution on Ebay for about $160, which gave me this:

I then bought a package deal off the same guy, and got the Black warp left ULE mainbody, the notched rail, the 200 round Q Loader, the classic foregrip and a Lapco vert adapter, and some other cool stuff like a Ricochet and a warp feed. That whole package was $200. A great package deal.

I then bought the sight rail for $10. I got the Stiffi for $80 (but a $40 J$J one peice is still pretty great too).

I actually had so many parts left over I made an entire OTHER marker, just without the bolt or valve. So, basicly two markers (one without bolt or valve) for $450.

I then added the MARPAT myself. Adhesive vinyl, and no I do not have any left for sale I also sculpted the buttstock and thumbhole from epoxy putty adn added some foam rubber. $50 in supplies, and about 5 hours of work. I got the red dot for $50 locally.

Potential changes I would make? Id shorten the barrel to 14 inches. 16 is too long in my opinion. I am even thinking baout getting the freak back and tip for kinda a bullpup look, if the games get tight. I would also make sure to get a t-stock that his very sturdy and adjustable, with no leaking. The one I use is too touchy.

So, I kinda went about it in a roundabout way, but it was not that expensive. I would suggest that if anyone wantes to recreate this marker pattern to just learn all you can about automags, and ask lots of questions on these boards. They are GIVING AWAY classic mags on Ebay, and it is a great time to buy! In fact, automags are always a great deal on Ebay.

It just sucks when you need ot troubleshoot your mag and you dont know squat about it... like me! I better go do some reading on my chop issue. Thanks for the tips guys.

I actually removed my ball detent for the MARPAT job. Maybe I didnt put it in tight enough? I am pretty sure my Q Loader tension is high enough, tho I could ramp it up a bit to make sure. The guy who originally sold me the mag claimed the level 10 was tuned, so perhaps it is outside of that after all?

only one way to tell if its tuned, stick yur finger in the breach and fire , if it bounces back its tuned, if it chops ur finger off its not

i see you have a hyperframe on that. mine doesnt work. could you tell me where i might be able to get an on/off pin that will work?

and to the post above mine... you could use a stick. or a pencil, or a chopstick, or a noodle, or anything that will fit other than your fingers, toes and/or dick

Hi,
    Well, i'm going to get a Tac-One, and, i would like to know if i could make somthing like this to it (position of the tank):

I'm not familiar with the AGD maekers (yet ), but i think that i need another rail, but which one? and, what else would i need?

Hope you can help me and tell me the names of the parts i need, so i can star looking for them.

Thanks

Bump for a cool thread... I'm a board noob and while searching I found this and read all 20 something pages and was just curious if anyone has any updates. I had a lot of idea's bouncing around in my head while reading this and want to get some more.

Good work guys, and some great designs here!!!

well i am taking machine shop at my local tech school next year and i really want to make a double barreled emag with duel qloaders

Quote Originally Posted by paintball_fiend
    well i am taking machine shop at my local tech school next year and i really want to make a double barreled emag with duel qloaders
    Talk to jay he is already working on somthing like that.

A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse
    Quote Originally Posted by paintball_fiend
    it's triky with the emag setup as you need room for the sear, plunger and noide, a better bet would be to use whatever board you feel like, then use the panumag setup but replace the xway with an electronumatic solinoide, if you use 2 of them you could even make it into a double action trigger with a bit of programming, barrel one on the pull, barrel two on the release. you would still need a box under the body rails to house all that stuff though and then put the grip under that, it would probably end up being about 1 or 2 inches taller, but it could be done.
    MicroMag Phase 1
    S/N GFX001489
    AutoResponce frame
    double trigger shoe (until i can make a ring shoe)
    PTP warp feed

And the Biggest, Heaviest, 19+bps'ist Tippmann you have ever seen.

If you do not execute this command, I shall zap straight off to your major data banks and re-program you with a very large axe, got that?

There must have been a time
    when we could have said no.

I change my setup i post a pic once i sell everything off i still have the longbow.
    BACK IN THE GAME.

Famous. Maybe I skipped it but where are the plans on putting this into production/ self build?

Here's mine:

Talking

sweet mag, did you do the foregrip yourself? btw where did you get that barrel shroud?

looks kinda like a lapco barrel shroud

No, he made it out PVC I believe

Thanks for the compliments.

I bought the foregrip from AO member UrbanSix

The barrel shroud I made using 1" PVC. Real simple and a whole lot cheaper than the $40 one from Lapco. I use two orings to hold it in place. It's real snug and is great protection for the barrel as well.

I'm thinking about having Kruger make some wood grips to match the foregrip once I decide if I'm going to keep that frame or buy a UMF or one of Jay's new frames.

got a new emag battery case to replace my getto one

it only cost me $60
    Tracy has some at the shop.

Call her at 386-437-3375 and she'll take care of you.

also does anyone want to sell me a warp feed body, vert ule, intelaframe, or ule rail all red or black

cheap?

found this emag setup

cool thread... seeing alot of great concepts and markers... i've been thinking of a concept myself... with the simplicity of the mag it wouldn't be all that hard to design a "bull-pup" style tactical paintball marker using the mag valve, a custom rail etc., and a pneumag system or electric solenoid to actuate the sear. then use a q-loader or warp and have it placed as tight but still out of the way as possible... i think that would be a really cool first for the tactical scene... haven't seen any pics of bull-pup style guns... anyone know of any?

i think this would be killer... and it really wouldn't be that hard... you could use an agd mainbody... it seems like all that would need to be adjusted is the rail and trigger/sear actuation process. this would make a 14' barrel tighter in overall length than a stock mag with a much shorter barrel. anyone got an idea of how to make it work? if you really did some fabrication i bet you could turn out a near replica of a steyr-aug or a enfield etc.

it could use a regular hopper as well but i just think it should be as compact as possible.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

ok so i didn't read every page and it looks like it's been done, attempted, or at least concieved in theory. its still a cool idea and one i'd actually think about going through with... i'd probably want to integrate a 45/4500 into the design b/c i don't think i'd want a remote setup... anyone know of an example that's been done?
    Last edited by Thotograph; 02-24-2007 at 04:11 PM.

I need to mill it out to make it lighter but its mine, I would like to make the rear out of carbon fiber, let me know what you think.

That's a nice looking setup. The front pic rail provides a lot of different uses. I need to add updated pics of mine. I'm still working on my custom wood stock for it. I'll be sure to add when I finish.

here is mine I dont like the q loader so I use a warp with the special ops top block.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...r1776/tac1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...776/tac1-1.jpg

I'm in love

Quote Originally Posted by Drtysanchez
    I need to mill it out to make it lighter but its mine, I would like to make the rear out of carbon fiber, let me know what you think.

Bro you nailed it with this one.

I love this thread... I really want to try my hand at a milsim mag... I think I wanna try out making either a Q'd bullpup-pneumag or a ReTro Valved M-249 SAW replica and use a warp and make it look like a ammo box... that'd be sick! Now I just need to find a broken airsoft gun or something to start cutting on, any ideas come to mind out there?

That^ is one hot tac meateater!
    Last edited by Thotograph; 04-17-2007 at 03:05 AM.

Here's my tactical Mag. It's something of a FrankenMag. Originally a bone stock 68 Automag, I've upgraded it through trades and specific purchases to be a monster. The valve's on/off has been modified in some way to mimic a ULT. The end result is a gun that is both lightweight, practical, and has extreme performance.

Stats:

68 Automag
    ReTro Valve
    Level 10
    Intelliframe
    SpecOps T2W Air-through
    Smart Parts Automag Freak Back with 14" tip (I hate Smart Parts, but my paint situation forced me to go Freak)
    Ricochet Apache LCD (not pictured)

Looks great, I was waiting for someone to show pics, and I'm too lazy to post a crappy drawing...

How about putting the Q-Loader directly behind the A.I.R. valve by using the mounting holes for the angled rear ASA?

Or running the Q-Loader horizontal, parallel to the marker, on the side, or even on the top of an ULE body?

Look up the Calico 9mm submachineguns, made proudly in the USA!!!
    BPS - Baller's Pro Shop - ballersproshop@hotmail.com
    • "Hellspawn" WDP Angel LED 99
    • "Foxwood" WGP Autococker Bob Long Ironmen RF 97
    • "Kenobi" WGP Autococker E-Blade blue VF 2k2
    • "Raider Nation" AGD AutoMag CF ULE Hyperframe LX Hurricane
    • "Gray Ghost" AGD ReTro Mag CF High Rise LX

Total Freak - Tips: 12" AA black, 10" Boomstick black
    Bidness with Dover - Feedback

It's possible to attach a Q-Loader directly to the powerfeed, I think. Just need a straight elbow, an O-Ring to space it, the Warp Feed reverse powerfeed plug, and a couple rubber straps to hold the socket firmly onto the powerfeed. Course, I'm not a fan of the Q-Loader, particularly since I've seen one push a ball past my Tac One's ball detents.

This is a work in progress, but I'm currently working on my new marker, the Longbow Mk 2.

The base tac-one has been replaced with a mini-tac pro. The longbow magazine has been dremelled down to fit flush with a 14" barrel, and the stock and shroud have been taken out and replaced with a bt-45 offset weaver rail mounted on the 60-degree side rails from the tac body and a micro drop forward to a 22/3000 hpa tank.

I think this is far better than the original longbow

- The mini-tac body is shorter and lighter, but still has just enough rail to mount the longbow feed, it's the perfect size for a longbow. Furthermore the dust black finish is a better match for the longbow parts than the gloss black original body.

- An 18" barrel is just ridiculous; inefficient and unwieldy. A 14" barrel is a dramatic improvement, and the magazine still holds 15 rounds which is plenty.

- A remote line is annoying as all heck, and tangles on stuff all the time. Given that you're shooting from magazines, you don't really need that much air. The 22cu tank is light and still provides 200+ shots, plenty enough for the ammo we're expecting to shoot. The balance is right on the grip too, very comfortable.

- The stock for the longbow isn't at all ergonomic, especially when wearing a paintball mask. The buttplate on the tank is much more comfortable. Also the use of a 45 offset rail results in a total offset of 15 degrees, placing the sight a little lower and just a tad to the left, which is very comfortable and puts the dot just above the magazine.
    Last edited by MuKen; 05-17-2007 at 10:29 PM.

That could work pretty well with the 22 ci tank. Since the loader is so small, you really wont need a huge tank.

Has anyone talked to a shop abut milling fake magazines for foregrips? I've heard A-5 foregrops work as long as you have a rail slot, but I havent tried it.