Thread: My gun shall freeze? Or not.

My gun shall freeze? Or not.

Have to play without nitro this weekend, since my tank exploded. Ive got an x chamber on the gun, 13in hose SS, remote,and my bottle wrapped in 4 socks with a tank cover over that. What else can I do to get the best performance out of c02? Its very rainy and about 40-50'.
    StEEl Grey SoNiC Cocker.The ownage Machine
    Yellow to Orange Fade Defiant
    14in Boomstick-TI
    Orange Fade Warp/Orange-Faded Turbo Rev
    Crossfire LPR 68/4500 w/ red cover
    Black: Stickies, Lapco Drop, Macro.
    PMI 68/4500 w/ Black DYE Cover

Ï ØwÑ ÿØú

I don't think you should have any problems. If you're total rapid fire, you MIGHT get a little snow, but for the most part, I think you should be ok. With the humidity in the air, it means it's not as cold as you think it might be. That's a good thing. (Remember- the more water vapor in the air, the higher the temp- (b/c warm air can have more water vapor in it than cold air can))

I hate c02. This better work. Maybe a few more socks would do the trick.

Expansion chambers suck. The only thing I've ever seen almost completely stop liquid Co2 from entering a system is a Palmer Stabilizer. They work great on mags. I wouldn't bother with the Socks. Even if they did help retain some heat, which I doubt they would help much at all, they will also keep in the cold. Remember, your Co2 tank will cool when you shoot. Don't bother. If I were you, I'd take off all that junk and just mount your tank vertical.
    sixty-six.

Du bist, was du machst. Punkt.

Leave the tank exposed. If you have it insulated, it will stay as cold as the insulation against it. Left in the open, it will return to the 40-50F ambient temp.

I've played that cold before, you shouldn't have any probs as long as you keep your strings at 3-5bps.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| Guest
    go to like a hunting warehouse....or something like that sort. Grab 2 Hunting Hand Warmers Tape one to your mag valve and one to the asa...and you should be fine (of course if you heated the hand warmer up...and ditch the socks...try to get the cover on the expansion chamber cause you will freeze your hands off.