Thread: A couple warp feed questions...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A couple warp feed questions...

Okay, easiest one first.

I made the mistake of leaving my battery plugged into it while it sat around and when I went to play around with it today, obviously the battery was drained. So, I put a new one in. Well, when I switched it on, it just spun continuously. Now, I read in the instructions that if this happens I should turn down something...but of course I didn't know what it was talking about or where that knob was. In my opinion, the instructions kind've do a poor job by telling you to adjust things and refer to them as if you know what they are.

Now, the harder one. I got this warp feed used from a guy that had it set up for intellifeed. I'm thinking of using it on my blowback. Well, anyways, I was reading some posts about how it can work on "sensitivity mode"...yet again, when I read the instructions, I couldn't figure out the whole "jumper" thing. I tried to do what it instructed, but the sensitivity mode didn't work. That was awhile ago...the battery should've been good then...does sensitivity mode require more battery power than intellifeed? Any better instructions on how to get that mode to work. I've read that maybe it could be a problem with the disk or springs or something??

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan
    Okay, easiest one first.

I made the mistake of leaving my battery plugged into it while it sat around and when I went to play around with it today, obviously the battery was drained. So, I put a new one in. Well, when I switched it on, it just spun continuously. Now, I read in the instructions that if this happens I should turn down something...but of course I didn't know what it was talking about or where that knob was. In my opinion, the instructions kind've do a poor job by telling you to adjust things and refer to them as if you know what they are.

Now, the harder one. I got this warp feed used from a guy that had it set up for intellifeed. I'm thinking of using it on my blowback. Well, anyways, I was reading some posts about how it can work on "sensitivity mode"...yet again, when I read the instructions, I couldn't figure out the whole "jumper" thing. I tried to do what it instructed, but the sensitivity mode didn't work. That was awhile ago...the battery should've been good then...does sensitivity mode require more battery power than intellifeed? Any better instructions on how to get that mode to work. I've read that maybe it could be a problem with the disk or springs or something??
    i dunno how to answer ur question, but intellifeed will only spin on key times, isntead of whenever you move like sensitivity, so that would explain excessive drain
    LP Spyder E99 Avant

you should find your answers HERE

How to Fly: Throw yourself at the ground and miss. "Hichikers guide to the Galaxy"

new developments

Well, I went out and took a look at the warpfeed. Found the blue dial to adjust the sensitivity. Not quite sure if I understand "Run In" or not...some of the advice in the warpfeed thread said to dial the sensitivity back until it stops. Other advice said to let it wun until the battery died (Great! Another dead battery!). For now, I just dialed it back till it stopped moving on it's own.

I think I also figured out the jumpers. When I took some out, it cycled slower...when I added them it cycled faster. Then I went back and read the Warpfeed sticky and it said that it matters whether you put them in vertically or horizontally. I went by the diagram in the instructions then added one more horizontally and one more vertically...does this mean that I've done nothing because horizontal decreases the cycle rate while vertical increases the cycle rate?

Now, the unresolved problem is the sensitivity setting. My warp works fine when I press the white button and fine when I hook the intellifeed wire to it. BUT, it does not work when I hit it or shake it. I went back and read the first 8-9 pages of the sticky...and it pointed me towards looking for the springs under the board. When I did so, I realized 2 things. First, my board mount screws were missing. Second, I could only see one spring under the board. So, I went ahead and ordered some screws, springs, and some hose and hose o-rings from AGD. I'm hoping that once I put the new springs in and tighten it down (NOT too much!) that the vibration sensor will work. My one remaining question is, where do the springs go? I saw one spring under there, but not the other one. The exploded parts view doesn't really show you exactly where the 2 springs go.

I'd really like the sensor to work because it will be easier to see if it's going to work with my blowback in sensor mode. Once I know it's going to work, I might be able to modify the trigger to accept the intllifeed wire, but I don't want to start dremmeling the trigger until I know this is going to be beneficial nor do I want to cut and re-connect the intellifeed wire to make it fit the trigger frame if it's not going to work.

springs

No expert advice on spring placement?

Up

The springs will be arriving from AGD soon...must have Warp expert help!