Thread: OK, has anyones Mag EVER broken????

OK, has anyones Mag EVER broken????

I mean like you couldn't fix it. Or it caused you to miss several games. We do a lot of bragging about how Mags are "indestructible" and "never break" and to tell the truth mine really does always work. I want to see if there are some people out there who's Mags have ever failed them.
    I have no Sig.

Good Traders

I once used my old Retro Mag (it had a Dye SS barrel in it at the time) to brace the impact my face or forearm would have taken when I was sliding off of a muddy hill. A thick branch was coming up, and it loked like it was going to HURT. I pulled up my Mag to brace the blow, and it did.

I thought that it would have broken, but other than my hopper flying off, it was fine.

That's durability.

i knew someone who had a mag that didn't work for whatever reason and ended up using it as a hammer one day to set up a sup air field.

i took apart the piece that you are never supposed to take apart. i missed the first 5 min of one game. took the guy at the field less than 10 minutes to take apart every piece of my gun and find what i did.

In the year that I have had mine it has never ever let me down!

No offense guys, it is probably just mine but, I had nothing but trouble with my old retromag. It leaked all the time out of some place new every game. There was a period of about 2 months that I never had a single problem with it, but it went down on me again after that. I would clean it and inspect it perfect after every game, but it would still let me down. Then, when I sold it to my friend the gun worked flawless for him. I think it is just me.
    2k1 Lockout Edition acid wash free flow cocker.
    Originally posted by FatMan
    4. Paintball underwear - they have everything else, why not underwear that absorbs sweat before it runs down my crack and won't ride up in my crotch rubbing a rash that lasts for days.
    FatMan

my mag had a few problems this summer. it was leaking all over the place, down the barrel, out the back etc. but hey, what can you expect from a gun that's 7 years old? anyway, i dropped it off at AGD here in wheeling and had it back the very next day. it works flawlessly now and i couldn't be happier. i just sometimes wish that it WOULD break down so i could have something to do with it when i'm not playing. feel like maybe getting a cocker just so i'll have something to fix.
    "To serve to strive and not to yield"
    --------------------------------------
    I AM THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATER!

Originally posted by Bartleby
    feel like maybe getting a cocker just so i'll have something to fix.
    Dude, cockers don't break all the time, it is a common mis conception, mine has never gone down on me, and if someone takes care of their cocker good, it never will break down. All you need is a little experience before trying to fix a cocker.

that's the point. i didn't mean that i was gonna have to rebuild the thing after every game. i meant that i would have to maintain it. my mag requires nothing, whereas with a cocker, you can always do something with/to it. i didn't mean to attack cockers and i'm sorry if that's the way it came across.

The only reason my Mag kept me from playing was the macroline bursting, which wasn't even the mags fault. I just keep it clean and it never gives me problems.
    paintdevil1 from PbNAtion:
    damn you mag guys support your products furiously

No, I could tell by the smiley face that you were just joking, but I wanted to make sure that you knew that they don't break, and that it is just a common misconception.

i took apart the piece that you are never supposed to take apart
    Oh yeah!!!! That piece..............what piece???

The valve halves that screw apart. Once you have it together, you should let it be, because you could affect the regulator seat(i think that's what it is), and that's when you possibly could have shootdown and velocity problems, just because of your ignorance.

My mag was out of wack for 5 weeks. Spent 3 weeks of my time fixing it, then sent it to agd. I guess its ok, but i still dont know what they could've done that I didnt do.
    StEEl Grey SoNiC Cocker.The ownage Machine
    Yellow to Orange Fade Defiant
    14in Boomstick-TI
    Orange Fade Warp/Orange-Faded Turbo Rev
    Crossfire LPR 68/4500 w/ red cover
    Black: Stickies, Lapco Drop, Macro.
    PMI 68/4500 w/ Black DYE Cover

Ï ØwÑ ÿØú

well when i had to use it in a team practise in summer, i dover over a snake, and the gun kinda landed first and the grip fame broke off, the feild strip screw snapped inside the gun, i had to send it to AGD, and the asa bend out, but it was like a 15* angle adapter lol

and w/ micromag the ball detent has shot out 3 times, and i went to put air into it to sell it and it leaked out the barrel real hard, well i thought, well i didn't know, so my lil' bro used it and later on i found out some one put a purple proteam products spacer in, so i guess that was it.

I screwed with the trigger rod. That was the worst thing I've ever done.

My E-Mag melted a transistor, so I have to use it in Mechanical Mode until I get around to fixing the board...

Hehe System overload please correct---System overload please correct............BOOM.........AAArrrggghhh

Sorry just couldn't resist.

not me but my freind...

his feild stripping screw broke clean into two peices when he was using his gun one day. The screw would not totaly screw in snug into the gun. One day when he was in his yard shooting the screw just broke in half. He replaced it with a screw taken from a Micromag from ouyr local shop and it fit great. That is the only problem I have ever seen with a mag. Well, I just remembered. Once I was shooting my mag in my backyard and it just stopped shooting. So I degassed it and took it into my room and removed the valve. The on/off valve shot right out of the gun as if it was still preasurized. It scared the heebie-jeebies out of me because it almost hit me in the head. Luckly I found all of the little peices and put it back together. That only happened once and my gun is fine now.
    Last edited by Army; 12-16-2001 at 10:34 PM.

The powerfeed on my RTPro fell of once. I was down for about 2 weeks while AGD put a new body on it. That's the only problem I've ever had though.
    Potatoboy!

One day I was hiding behind a bunker, and then I popped 5 shots off. All of them broke and splattered paint everywhere(inside and outside my gun). The wire nubbin had bent inside my barrel and caused the balls to break. That was the only major problem with my marker. Besides a couple of leaks and a reg. seat replacement I have had a trouble free time with my mag.

Oh I forgot....One time I dropped the regulator valve down the sink when I was cleaning my gun. But that was my fault, not the mag's. Still it sucked....a lot.

i have never, ever, in the last 10 myears haqd a mag that "broke" usually was just an oring not even that anymore
    Max Lundqvist's 1 of 2 Angel Joy A1
    DEMONIC Freeflow Cocker No. 4 of 13 My Feedback

I think I Jinxed myself with this post, because my Mag has sprung a leak. Now I have to go out a buy a new spacer kit and repair kit because mine have not come in the mail from AGD. AAaarggghhh.

my mag is broke right now. it has a big leak in it, when i take it apart it looks normal and like nothing is wrong, i oiled it and everything, still dont work. lately my valve assembly wont come out of my mag, i take the trigger frame and everything off and it still wont come out, i am about to send it in.

Nope. A few minor leaks that required new o rings and such. Never actually broken though.

nope never had any unfixable problems, but i have only used it once. one mistake that day though, i used co2 on a cold day; not good for it. but that was my fault

nope. never.

Originally posted by bunkerking
    but it went down on me again after that.
    IT WENT DOWN ON YOU? HOW SO????? Thats kinda nasty.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| Guest
    well there was this one time...when i gotta new barrel for my mag 10" Dye SS Custom .691 and i had the barrel in nice and fine. My friend came over and we were playing around...had bit air left shootin outside at my little storage shack in-the-back and we went back inside cause I was outta air. I had to go to the bathroom and my friend was screwing around with my mag...I came out and he was pulling on the mag barrel... I WAS LIKE WTF ARE YOU DOING .../me runs over and grabs mag from hands. /Him ummm its stuck.../Me ummm ...ummm what do you mean its stuck../me Pulls on barrel nuge nuge...(nothing) /Him TOlda.../me wait wait why did you take it out in the first place..you must of put it in wrong..../Him no i didnt.../me one 1/4 turn pull,,,pull,,,pull,,, Clung (right out)

besides that (users fault) i havnt had like any trouble (fittings-leaks)...and this one time when I was installing my double trigger frame...god I was trying to put on the trigger seal the retard way..till i used my brain.

I never have any luck. I have not fired a paintball from it yet and it is broken. Air shoots out the back. I am waiting for a new piston to put in the gun. Hopefully this will fix it.