Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Board

New Board

Hey guys, I wanted to ask a question to all of you Xmag owners out there.

I work for a company that makes circuit boards called Advanced Paintball Electronics.

Our first board was for the A5 and it has taken off very well and our new board is for the ION and it has also generated alot of interest for when it is released.

I know alot of you guys are without ACE due to whatever reason so I was wondering if there would be a market for a new board?

To make it worth our while I would need to make a 200+ run of boards.

I have already mentioned this to Paul (aka Lorne Cashe) and I am hoping that if we do the board, Paul will handle the coding since he has already worked so hard on it.

I jsut wanted to throw this out there to get some feedback on this.

If I can get enough interest, we can typically have a board in prototype in 6-8 weeks so the faster I get some feedback the faster the possiblity will be to ahve a new board that the ACE works on.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

new board

You are prolly aware of this, correct me if i'm wrong but the x-mag is designed to have the ACE board...With the x-mag body. The e-mag never had an ace that is why the levelx came to existance. Would there be a lot of modifying to the body of the e-mag to insert an eye? Just brainstorming. I know we never had eyes on our e-mags and we always had the top of the line products that were released for the mags thanx to Tom kaye.

My two cents now i'm broke.

You guys tell me. I am pretty new to the mag. I got a very nice E TacOne thanks to A Tach One and since then I have obtained a new Karta body that now has the Emag lowers on it from the TacOne and I turned the TacOne into a mech.

I also just obtained another board and grip frame (minus a few pieces) in a trade.

I was talking to a few people like A Tach One and Paul and they said that there are alot of Xmags out there that the ACE dont work any longer so if I can make a board that can take care of that, everyone would be happy.

If we can figure out a way to convert the Emag to ahve in the process then hey we can do that to :-)

Im game to help anyway I can

Well, I would most definetly buy a few. I would love not to worry about my current working ace boards frying on me, do to no replacements. I just bought an XMag last week that has a non functioning ACE board, and would love to replace it. I know I'm not the only XMagger out there that needs an ACE board. Also think Emag owners would appreciate another eye option. So I hope this will take off and be even better than the original board.

I'd be in also for at least two. But I highly doubt that you could sell 200.

Also - how much $ are you talking?

I'd pick one up for my E-mag.

After seeing the A-5 boards first hand; I'd pick one up for any gun that I own.

Well Im not sure on a price. I need to price out the parts to make it but I was thinking of remaking the whole board and pout the ACE on board the existing one. There is alot of real estate there to work with.

If we do a whole remake of the board, I cant see it costing more then say 90 or 100 bucks maybe less. Like I said I wouldnt know until I get enough interest.

I have a baord that I can send to my coder that he can probably give me a rough idea of the cost of parts.

Ill talk to him tomorrow. Maybe I can send him a very high res picture of the board close up and maybe get him and Paul together on a call and see if I can get some kind of cost and effective time frame we could do this.

As far as eyes on the Emag. What do you recommend as a way to do them and would it need to be breakbeam or reflective?

Just brain storming here

One other thing to think about is the actually repair of the existing board. Maybe if there isnt enough interest in a new board, maybe I can get teh boards that are bad repaired.

Talking Count me in...

A new board sounds great!!!
    You can count me in! i just got a Emag. ...i would like to see breakbeam eyes...

Here's an Idea... What about just doing an ACE board. I talked to AGD last week and they have a ton of non-working mainboards sitting around and they have started to send them out to get them repaired, so I may be wrong but I don't think they are in too severe of shortage in the near future. An ACE board however should be much cheaper and you should be able to make it modular so that it can use either Reflective or Breakbeam eyes. It could even work with the same software programming if there were a jumper that would invert the signal to the mainboard since a Reflective eye and a Breakbeam eye send the opposite signal (0,1) when a ball is sensed.

Do they have a bunch of non-working ACE's?

new board

This is just informative.

If there are any ace boards that don't work, it might actually work but may be shorted out at the eye itself. I ran into this problem when i tried to make the trigger softer. If you look at the top of the grip underneath the ACE there is a magnet. In order to soften the trigger you can put a total of two o-ring under the magnet to weaken the pull, the only thing if you do this you have to put a piece of electrical tape underneath the eye. In my instance raising the magnet made it touch the ACE underneath the eye and disabled it.

It is always nice to have an extra board at hand! You could count me in, but i will be able to buy one after i graduate from college. College kidz expenses are a little short right now!

the real question is will it be out before the tag board lol jim
    BIG + FAT but MOWING MUPPETS SINCE '90

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Do they have a bunch of non-working ACE's?
    I dont' know.

Like Lornecash said, I think that an ACE board will be more interesting.

My board works perfectly, with xmod in (thx Lornecash) but I might buy an ACE board.

I think that most of us would like a ACE board similar to Xmag ones.

There's Different reasons for that :
    - Xmag owners could put in inside, instead of their former board
    - Emag owners with Deadlywind bodies (like me) don't want to punch holes in it... (but below, it would not be a problem)

Concerning reflective or beambrake, I want an ACE which doesn't need me to calibrate it for each color of paintball...

Good luck.

Be sure that a lot of us will follow this topic with a great interest.

Awesome. This is what I need. Is there anyone out there that has a bad board that would be willing to send it to me so i can get it to my designer. I will be glad to send it back when we are done.

Keep the brain storming coming :-)

What about a new ACE board that would allow you to use 1 eye like the xmags do or use break beam eyes, maybe have a jumper on the board to tell it if you are using bounce or break beam eyes.

Actually Paul and I just got off the phone talking about that. He is getting me some info tonight and hopefully I will have some answers for you guys in a couple days after I get with my designer

Question uh huh

would having a new board give us the potential for more memory and better software without limitations like better battery efficiency more memory, and all of the fun things like that?

Well I know the board that we made for the A5, we doubled the battery life.

Im not saying that we could do that with the mag board but Im sure we could improve it but more memory would be a given.

Talking wow

and i thought the xmod software i have was a dream...now i have this to dream about..and yeah i didnt like the whole idea of holes in my body,,but i didnt see another choice..and btw if antof you havent played with the xmod software..you have no idea what your mising out on.......

Okay I have received detailed high res pics of the ACE board but my designer wants to see a ACE board so if anyone out there has one that is bad and is willing to let us take a look at it it would greatly help in the process but he didnt seem to think it would be a hard thing to do.

Talking hurry

get the man his board i need this ace in my emag for the owners group this oct!!!!! i like the idea of a single eye in the rail..yipee!!!!

By far, I prefer a ACE in the rail.

I don't want to have some ugly eye cover on the sides of my karta.

I have to agree Im not cutting my new Karta body LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dIVEANX
    Okay I have received detailed high res pics of the ACE board but my designer wants to see a ACE board so if anyone out there has one that is bad and is willing to let us take a look at it it would greatly help in the process but he didnt seem to think it would be a hard thing to do.
    I just sent a dead one to Lornecash.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    I just sent a dead one to Lornecash.
    I was going to see if I could fix that one but if you can't find a different one I'll send it to you. Call AGD and talk to Roman. Tell him what you're doing and ask if he will send you a broken one. He probably will.

I'll call him today and ask him and see what he can do for us

If you get an ace board made count me in for 1... make it less than $100 plz
    If I get that, XMOD will be on its way!!!

+1

Talking great

now this is really moving along..

I called and left a message for Roman but no call back. I guess I will try and contact him next week.

I found a guy that just put a new one in his and he is looking for the old one so hopefully he can find it and get it out to me soon.