Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got this theory going

ThePatriot Guest

I got this theory going

alright, from what i have seen so far...and from what i have learned talking to people, most people who like tippmans also like cockers, and most people who like spyders became mag people, could you post what your preference was when u started and what you use now, i think there is some truth to this theory.

actually for me and my friends its the oppisite. I had a tippmann and now i have a mag, my friends had spyders and now they all have autocockers, well one of them has a predator but thats just like a cocker

i liked spyders and i went briefly from mag to palmer.
    now I use whatever suits my fancy as long as it isn't electro.
    [*img]http://userpic.livejournal.com/11885469/469200[/img]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Greatest "Sponsor" Ever.

it is the exact opposite with me and my friend that play to I had a tippmann and now have a mag and he has a cocker and had A spyder but I will have my cocker soon
    Good Traders
    -------------
    B.C.
    JMDOO
    MOSSMAN
    ALIENS-8-MyDad
    Wildfire
    Dansim
    FiresoulXO
    Edboe
    Jon/xpm

I use to have a Spyder...now I have a Mag on the way.

it was the opposite for me and my bro too i had a tippmann and now i have a mag, he had a spyder and went cocker. It seems stacked tubes stay together and so do single tubes.

oh but wait my friend went from a tippmann to a sto, ahhhhhhh
    -Minimag Body HR
    -Retro Valve
    -Z grip with extender
    -12V X-Boarded Revvy
    -6 barrels including:10 Inch DYE SS, 8 inch Steel Wind, 8 inch stock minimag barrel, 12 inch BOA barrel, 12 inch Lapco Autospirit, 16 inch SPAA
    -68/3000 Flatline

i went spyder to mag.... but my spyder sucked extremely. i dont think i played one game with it without breaking a ball or two... now with my mag i dont break jack squat
    ........$$...........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    .......$$$$................$$$......
    ......$$..$$...............$$$......
    .....$$....$$..............$$$......
    ....$$$$$$$.............$$$......
    ...$$........$$....$$$...$$$......
    ..$$..........$$....$$$..$$$......
    .$$............$$.....$$$$$.........

Exclamation

I'm an old timer. I went from an F2 Illustrator to a Minimag. When I made my choice to move up to a "hi end" gun, the choices were mag or cocker. From what I had seen on the fields, it seemed the cocker owners spent alot of time on maintenance. I went mag so I would have more play time. I have never regretted the decision. I don't know if the late model cockers and all the new electro guns are more reliable now.
    Last edited by Blennidae; 11-11-2001 at 07:52 PM.

I, and basically everyone i play with went from spyders to mags, never even noticed that before. I never did like the stacked design of the spyder, alothough i loved that gun. That's a reason i don't like just about all of the electros out today, alot of them all have a "stacked" design, plus i don't like the idea of electronics, too many things to go wrong. I loved the low profile of the mag, it's simplcity, everything about it , i don't think i'll be able to change to a several stack marker. I went from pump to spyder and now to mag....and i'm finally happy at where i am!.
    Last edited by Ant; 11-11-2001 at 09:12 PM.

Opposite here too. I have a Tippmann and I like mags. I hate spyders.... evil . Kingman paints the same gun a different color and slaps a new name on the frame and sells it a week later for 20 dollars more.
    Cant complaint about cockers much.

I went from a Piranha to my mag.
    AIM:Mag2589

ThePatriot Guest
    seems i was a tad off, in NY everyone who had a tippman said cockers owned mags any day i think its cuz 01 cocker has a rifle type of look with that plastic piece in the front, and tippmans got the rifle feel to, unlike most spyders

well, it was true a while back (opposite of what you said, tippmans-mags and spyders-cockers). Many people who have tippmanns, now adays mainly M98's, go to mags. But, with a billion guns in the low price range on the market, there isn't much of anything of a pattern going on. Tippmann and AGD have similar customer service, so people who likes Tippmann's service go to AGD.

Personally, i went from a pump, to a spyder, to a mag, back to pump/stock class, then cocker, then electro cocker which kicks arse! (centerflag)
    ~Chaos
    chaos@cazorp.com
    NutBuster.net
    Team AO, SoCal

Wanna talk to a REAL skanline guntech? Email smackmyass@cazorp.com

started off with a tippmann, then got a spyder, now i got my minimag, and can't stand cocker's.

I figured it out:

People that went from Tippman to cocker - They had a gun that they never had to do anything to, and they got sooo bored when all their friends were takin apart their spyders, that when they upgraded guns they went for the gun that you had to take apart and tinker with

People that went from spyder to mag - they got tired of fixing their gun while their friends with the tippmans sat and laughed at em while they fixed their guns, so when they upgraded they went for the gun that never messed up

People that went from tippman from mags - they stuck with the guns that never messed up

People that went from spyders to cockers - they stuck with the complicated guns with 55 billion modifications!

I went from stingray to spyder to cocker to spyder to cocker to angel and now might be goin to impulse
    Why go to the light, when darkness has its warmth too....
    Brak "I poop in the sink."
    EPIC - Warp - 68/45 Armageddon
    Black 2k LCD
    Green 99 Dark Angel

i went from a stingray 2 to an automag RT
    found i didn't like to fix the gun more than i played with it.

uhhhh i had a spyder but no mag, only angel
    whats up with that?
    Cliff
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

theroaticly it should be tippy's to mag's becuase they are both very durable, sorry if someone already said this....it's late, and i dont feel like reedin
    damn you people...go back to your shanties~~~Shooter

Hummm which way,,,,

I started with a pump gun and then went to my mag

Quite the opposite:
    I have a Tippmann SL-68II and a Model98. I got both due to their high reliability, which led to my Mag. I have avoided, and will continue to do so, the whole Spydder/Cocker family of guns due to their high maintenance requirements and constant downtime. Just my .02.
    David M. Jones
    SPPLAT #1001321
    Loyal AGD Customer For Life
    "I love my Mag more than my girlfriend - is that wrong?"
    "In case you haven't heard you can run your mag over with your car and it will still work" - TK

Never owned a Tippmann, I have owned 3 Spyders(plus some spyder ripoffs), and I have a mag. Your theory isnt real! NO!!!!

ENDO!
    Oldskool

ThePatriot Guest
    MUAHAHAHA i am correct...in some cases, 3 spyders and some rip offs to a mag, theres all the evidence you will ever need....EVER

Paintchucker Guest
    I am like Blennidae and started on an F2 Illustrator. I still have it but it sits in the closet mostly. The difference in the Mag and the F2 is quite amazing! After all these years, I have never shot a cocker. I guess I will have to try one someday.

I went from Spyder to Mag, but not for any maintenance issue. My main reason for the Mag was that my 6 months of playing with my Spyder was mainly at a small indoor field, which caused me to develop a front player style of play. This naturally led me to the compactness of the Mag when I decided I needed a higher level gun. Oh yeah, not to mention, I picked up my mag very slightly used (only like 6 times) for $250. I got to have my new gun NOW, instead of another month for the $100 more and order a cocker.

-Riot
    Insert Sig Pic Here
    Team Mint - 3man phenom.
    Rockin' The CrapPulse!
    Contact Team Mint

Impulse Status - Finished! - ... for the moment

The markers I have owned...

I started playing in 1982 when there was no pumps, no auto anythings, all we had was what was out at the time, the Nelspot 007, it was BOLT action and held 5 rounds. The bolt was usually so tight and hard to work with it was very close to being a muzzle loaded marker (ala black power rifles concept). From there people cut off the end of the tubes the paintballs came in and taped it to the rear of the Nelspot marker so it would hold 10 rounds, not that they could shoot any faster being bolt action and all, but they just had more rounds to TRY to shoot faster with.

1983 saw the appearance of a new marker, the SplatMaster, mostly green plastic, it looked cheap in comparison to the Nelspot, but it could shoot a bit faster. The SplatMaster was rear push bolt cocking, you just used the thumb of the shooting hand to reload the marker... well, it actually took both thumbs as they had some hard springs and after a day of playing with it you'd switch back to using a bolt action Nelspot. The accuracy of the SplatMaster left alot to be desired.

About the same time in 1983 some Einstein found out you could take a section of PVC pipe, cut a notch in it so it would fit around the barrel on the Nelspot and screw it into the bolt, hence the pump was born. Since the bolt had a lock (you moved it forward and then down to lock the chamber closed) you had to hold the pump forward to get the balls to shoot out. If you didn't hold it tight enough, you'd get alot of blow back through the reciever and the ball wouldn't shoot as far.

1985 - Enter Bengimin Sheriden, long know for making quality air rifles, started producing the PGP (marketed through PMI) which was a pump based stack tube marker that held 10 rounds, had a longer barrel then the NelSpot and the SplatMaster, could load and shoot faster, and was all around a great marker for the time, a revolutionary product. The PGP was the base blueprint for most markers that were introduced from then on, including the Autococker.

1987 - Bought a PMI KP3, it was simply the coolest marker I have ever owned, Bengimin Sheridan quality through and through.

1988 - Line SI introduced the Bush Master, a long barrel pump on which you could hold the trigger back and pump away rapid fire. PMI also introduced longer barrel versions of the PGP they called the Pirhana line.

1989 - PMI came out with the PMI III (now seen as the VM68) from Bengimin Sheridan, semi auto, gas guzzling, heavy... it rocked! Almost all moderm semi markers are based on this design (Spyders, Pirhanas, etc.)

1992 - Bought my first Automag, once I shot it I quietly packed away all my other markers as they wouldn't be used again...ever.

1994 - Bought any Autococker, the usually closed bolt vs. open bolt debate blah blah blah... it was fun to tinker on as there were so many things that could go wrong with it. When it worked, it was sweet, when it went out of timing, it was a nightmare.

1997 - Bought any Angel. Like the Autococker, it had alot of things that could go wrong on it, but unlike the Autococker, it was NOT fun to tinker with. 6 months later bought a second one as a back up. It's NO FUN to have an Angel go down during a tournament and run around begging someone to lend you their marker to play the rest of the tourny with...

1998 - Bought an RT, it outshot my Angel in cycling speed but also ate alot of paint in the process, it had a voracious appetite, still does. It was a toss up between the Angel and the RT... raw speed and no electronics vs less broken paint and a finicy marker... I ended up using the RT more, the two Angels I had spent alot of time in the shop. RT was just so damn relaible.

2000 - Bought an Angel LCD, it, like it's other two brothers, it spent time in the shop getting the micro switch replaced, getting the LCD replaced, getting the 14 way worked on, getting the solonoid replaced, etc... got rid of my previous Angels and bought a second LCD 3 months later, again as a back up.

2001 - Bought the Emag with a warpfeed...and quietly packed all my other markers into a padded box to never be used again...

What will I buy next? An Xtreme body, a HALO, and (when it's done) the trap door module for the Xtreme body. From there? Who knows...

-Evil Bob

Riotz and myself both went from Spyders to mags

OUr friend John is going from Tippman to Mag soon

A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse
    I went the opposite way of most people. I borrowed a friend's mag and then went out and bought one. I have since picked up an M98 with a response trigger to use as a backup/primary when I'm in the mood. but when I'm done with it my M98 will probably only see action in big games, due to it's weight. anyone seen the Tippmann grenade launcher?
    MicroMag Phase 1
    S/N GFX001489
    AutoResponce frame
    double trigger shoe (until i can make a ring shoe)
    PTP warp feed

And the Biggest, Heaviest, 19+bps'ist Tippmann you have ever seen.

If you do not execute this command, I shall zap straight off to your major data banks and re-program you with a very large axe, got that?

There must have been a time
    when we could have said no.

I am a tippmann mag person. I went for the company.Only good customer service for me.

Started with tippman's procarbine and moved to a
    mag(favorite), shocker, bushy, and autococker. I started out with the tippman because I did my homework on alot of different guns by asking what kind of maintence will I have to do. and will I know what the hell everything on the gun will do so that I can fix it. Tippman appealed to by being reiable and I still bring it with me to the field jsut in case but I havent had to use it since I got my mag.

Spyder to Mag. Wanted a Cocker until I noticed they were always being fixed in the target range.

Cool history on markers, Evil Bob. Even better because you included how they worked - or didn't work.

I'm planning my next gun. I want an Extreme Mag.