Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rarest Automags?

Rarest Automags?

What do you think the rarest mag is? The SFL is pretty rare; but what about a micro-emag? Golden Gun? Post a picture if you have one too.. that would be sweet.

jax warriors emags? (something along those lines)

Rarest guns are the 12 original P5 prototypes given to the Jax Warriors in 1991. These were the precursors to the xvalve and the first guns to run exclusively off compressed air.

Besides those the rarest parts are the titanium valves we had custom made. They turned out to be almost the same weight as stainless and we think they got mixed in with the regular valves and went out the door in guns. None have ever been found but then again you may have one and not know it.

AGD

Question

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    Rarest guns are the 12 original P5 prototypes given to the Jax Warriors in 1991. These were the precursors to the xvalve and the first guns to run exclusively off compressed air.

Besides those the rarest parts are the titanium valves we had custom made. They turned out to be almost the same weight as stainless and we think they got mixed in with the regular valves and went out the door in guns. None have ever been found but then again you may have one and not know it.

AGD
    are there anypictures floating around?
    what would the titanium valve look like? a darker metal color?....lighter in color?......

who are Jax Warriors

Thanks so much for the post.. I believe titanium is generally the same color, if not lighter.. I guess it all depends.

Is there a titanium Reverse mag valve?

Ahhh...

Who the hell am I to agure with Tom, But what about the Centennial Minimags ... from what little I have ever been able to gather only 3 were ever finished ? John Black's #700 (Lost After E-Bay), Kayle's Green #800, & Mine #900 (Formally Blue & Dale Hilton's of BOA) ... with mine being the last ?

#900 Before
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135038

and

#900 After
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172909

*shrug* Probably not as desireable as the Jax's Proto's but as for rarity there was 12 of those not sure how many TI Valves where out there ...but what the hell do I know... He's Tom... I am still not worthy...

Devilmag...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Frost17
    who are Jax Warriors
    Oh ouch.....

jax

anyone have piks of the jax guns?

Indignant Guest
    here

pics are down though. i'm sure one of the ancient guys on here has them saved.

Ti Valves...
    You know I bet I saw one of those in the shop a few days ago. No Joke. I know mag valves and how they should look, but this one stuck out for some reason. It was just diffrent. it had more of a grey shine than a regular SS AIR valve if that makes any sense. It was enough diffrent I checked the SN to see what its number was, It was something like 01*** (* means I dont remember the rest) could that have been one?

plz

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant
    here

pics are down though. i'm sure one of the ancient guys on here has them saved.

if anyone has em saved id love to see them..ive read abt them..but it suxx alot of the old piks are gone..

How about the 10 or 12 pink Mags made for the all female team back when the Masters was in Nashville every year?
    Can't remember the name they went by, they shot perfumed paintballs made specifically for them by RPS.

Quote Originally Posted by 50 cal
    they shot perfumed paintballs made specifically for them by RPS.
    I wanna buy some
    Gun: AGD eMag with LvL10
    Cars: 1991 Lexus LS400. 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-4, Auto, 1 of 816. 1970 Dodge Challenger 318 S/E, soon to be a 440-6 with a 5 speed, and painted Sublime green

Quote Originally Posted by SpitFire1299
    Thats just the SFL emag featured in Maxim.

Btw, are we talking about the Jax Warriors with the Emag with the Stainless steel body,the bicycle foregrip, displaced battery pack, etc.(2001) Or are the guns that Tom talked about are old automags?(1991)

Quote Originally Posted by 50 cal
    How about the 10 or 12 pink Mags made for the all female team back when the Masters was in Nashville every year?
    Can't remember the name they went by, they shot perfumed paintballs made specifically for them by RPS.
    That would be the muffs (industry men) vs. Puffs Women players.

Quote Originally Posted by SpitFire1299
    What about the "Maxim" Emag? .
    That was an SFL. I think she got to keep it if I remember right. She was playing for the femmes at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanced
    Ahhh...

Who the hell am I to agure with Tom, But what about the Centennial Minimags ... from what little I have ever been able to gather only 3 were ever finished ? John Black's #700 (Lost After E-Bay), Kayle's Green #800, & Mine #900 (Formally Blue & Dale Hilton's of BOA) ... with mine being the last ?.
    Mine is blue , but still unfired, I will try to post a pic tonight.

The Jax guns will look like a Stainless steel retro valve that the reg valve assemblly exploded when taken apart. People have no idea how long these guns were on the field before the release of the RT.

Wow this makes me old ..
    "It's my buddies gun"
    "I just bought it"
    "It came that way"
    "I borrowed it "
    I HAVE HEARD THEM ALL, SO BE ORIGINAL !!!

My gun says I'm holding it back from doing great things ...

Unhappy

wow......
    good infor but i still would to see some pictures the old1s are not working

Digger's custom CF minimags? Not very many of those around. Most Valuble would be the two the AGD mentioned.

For those unfamiliar.....

The Jax Warriors are the Jacksonville Warriors (out of Florida). I had the displeasure of being on the receiving end of the earliest RTs in the late nineties (before they were on the market). This was when an older guy was the team captain (I think his name was Ed Head, or something like that). The Warriors knew how to take full advantage of the RT "hotshot" capabilities and didn't mind lighting people up shooting 350

Ah well, I got my licks in when I could

And there is nothing weirder than an 18 year old kid debating a rabid 40 year old "pro-player" about his elimination....................

.....but their guns were cool at least and some were nice guys.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement
    For those unfamiliar.....

The Jax Warriors are the Jacksonville Warriors (out of Florida). I had the displeasure of being on the receiving end of the earliest RTs in the late nineties (before they were on the market). This was when an older guy was the team captain (I think his name was Ed Head, or something like that). The Warriors knew how to take full advantage of the RT "hotshot" capabilities and didn't mind lighting people up shooting 350
    rt hot shot?

It had to do with recharge rate. On the early versions it was easy to hold down the trigger and allow the valve to charge to a higher pressure. Then if you were to slam down on the trigger you could get 20-30 fps more out of the next shot. You could tell when someone did it because a string of shots would come in at one angle with a certain speed. And then one shot would come in like a laser beam and tear through the air sounding a helluva lot faster.

Indignant Guest
    i remember we used to have problems chronoing at fields because of it.

it was pretty fun to shoot stuff apart with, though.

Yeah, shortly after people caught on, some tourneys wouldn't let people should Rts, and then after a while they would let you, but they would do the rapid-fire chrono test to see what your peak velocity would be and adjust off of that. Sometimes you would have to chrono in at 270 just for that reason......

Well the "Hot Shot" could be a lot of things.

I had a reg seat in a gun, neat little bit of kit really. let the gun sit 330-340 then 295 295 295 until it sat again. ( I started using this after i had a guy running liquid through his cocker zap me across field on a huge 10 man field in flordia )

Typically the snap shot would show what your gun would do when you shot it realy fast, as you got some tempature expantion on the air charge. There is a tweak to fixing it as well as making it worse. I played around with it for a while and I could get reliable 50 fps gains.

Btw - funnest things I have done while played. a few team players were playing 3 v 3's and I stoped to burn someone, I had a nice rope going with my emag, I ripped one guy from knee to chest and the hits started at the knee and went up. He dropped his gun and clutched his chest. Well this guy is a weight lifter and a gym rat so I am thinking something is really wrong. I get close enough and he is just swearing. When I ask whats wrong, all I get is WTF is your gun shooting, and I reply humm 290's. So we chrono the gun 295 295 295 I kindof laugh when he say BS what did you do. SO I snap shoot the trigger and pulla 305 he is still kinda *****ing about it. I tell him to sack up, to that he pull off his shirt and you can see the welts coming up and the get worse the further up they went

Good thing he is a buddy, but he never talked crap about my EMag again

Kayle you are old :P

-R
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

Quote Originally Posted by RobAGD
    Kayle you are old :P

-R

ARMY is a rare relic indeed.

another rarity is the high-rise powerfeed bodies that originally shipped with the RT classics along with the 50 classic mag bodies w/ the high-rise powerfeed that were once offered in AGD's attic sale

or the AGD 6-pack 12g changer, or even rarer, that other stock that there are only 2 of in existence currently
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyhacker420
    another rarity is the high-rise powerfeed bodies that originally shipped with the RT classics along with the 50 classic mag bodies w/ the high-rise powerfeed that were once offered in AGD's attic sale

or the AGD 6-pack 12g changer, or even rarer, that other stock that there are only 2 of in existence currently
    I don't know if they're that rare. I know where you can buy a high rise RT right now at a paintball store for a normal price ... I myself have a CA stock, and the funny thing about the 6 pack, I held not one, but two of them in my hand this past weekend alone. My friend bought one in OD green, mint condition, for $125 last week.

What about the Center Fire valves?

Somebody here on AO bought one of those from whoever won the big-*** lot of valves on eBay for $40
    My feedback

Made in USA - it matters.