Thread: Mounting pnue internals in other frames

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mounting pnue internals in other frames

What frames would you suggest?

I have tried to use an old impulse frame..but it just required too much work to fit correctly and was way too far back.

My real problems are the mounting of the mpa3 and the 3way fitting.

By and large I'd like something nice and cheap for my first run, as I dont want to demolish a nice chimera frame (though I'd likely mount the lpr on the foregrip, so I don't know how much I'd have to)

Any suggestions would be peachy.

i've just started this mod in the last few days. I'm using an Intelliframe as a prototype then i'm gonna move on to a Chimera frame 'cos that's the frame i really want, because it's a vert type, and there is rakes of space for all the parts with minimal effort. There's one problem with them though, they seem to be hard to get hold of....
    http://www.themagsmith.com/
    TheMagSmith.com
    http://www.tunamart.com/index.php
    Tunamart
    Both have sold out at the mo. (Doh!)
    The intelliframe that i am using requires alot of milling internally to accomodate the parts.
    The 3 way is the easiest part to fit, go for a Fabco MSV-2 so you don't have to drill through the frame. The QEV (Clippard MEV-2) my version just sits in the frame loosely, it is snug though so there shouldn't be too much movement (i hope) when firing. The MPA-3 is the hard bit to site. Getting enough clearence so that the near sear arrangement is proving to be a bit of a challenge. I think i have it cracked now although i did ruin an MPA-3 in the process, however that enabled me to experiment with it without fear of ruining another one and enabled me to solve the problem. I can tell you this though, maybe you should go for the Chimera frame as it's probaly the least hassle. you could try ClassicMagger (on the AO forum) he may be able to help you as i have just ordered on from him.
    If all else fails, Pneumagger could build you one if you don't fancy doing it yourself.
    There's plenty of help from people that are doing or have done this mod on this forum, They've helped me loads!! Best of luck mate.

I really think the Chimera is the way forward, the intelliframe is an absolute ! to squash everything in!!! Check out Pnuemagger's new baby, it's a beaut!!

I figure going with a chim frame and a tickler LPR on the front end might be the best course of action. I would haveliked a 45 frame simply because everyone uses chims, but if it's going to be a huge pain, I'd rather get more experience under my belt before I try it.

All thats really left is getting access to a hand drill/etc to do the taps and getting all the parts in (It is a pain in the *** to get a tickler lpr)

After that I can bother with getting an xvalve instead of my stainless steel one...*is psyched*

Intelliframes aren't a huge pain at all. Take a look here https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201247 This is a intelli I did. You can use all the best parts. A QEV isn't needed, (but go with the TRV if you must) and just shave out inside back of the intelli with a dremmel cutting wheel.

I think the intelli install is about 13 times easier than a Logic install. Plus there's more material to put the sear stop through so all it will need to stay put is a dab of locktite.

Edit:
    I have a chrome intelli that has an msv-1, mpa-3 and QEV if you want it...real cheap cause I gots my new baby . The MSV-1 gives it a bit heavier pull than the MSV-2, but fairly walkable with a ULT. All it needs is an LPR and I recomend a lukes piston into it.

You have a pm sir.

The forgerip install is nice andclean. Just drill and tep the VA for a 1/8-27 NPT (sold at hardare stores in pipe threading).

Then gat a mill or dreaamel and do a slot downthe inside of the rail. Take a look at shingo's pneu conversion picture site for ideas

Chimeras are the easy vert frames to work with...but IMO the logic verts give the lightest/best pull and I just like them more (that's why I'm making another logic pneu)