Thread: My mag is brand pnue!

My mag is brand pnue!

So I wrote that big post about how I was all done upgrading. Shortly there after I came apon a thread titled "shorty24s pnuemag teaser video". After reviewing the contents of said thread it occured to me that while we may never see a pnue frame from PTP, and the hAir trigger isn't going to happen, these "home mods" can be almost or just as good.

Never being one to pass up the oppertunity to be a raging hypocrit I contacted the appropriate individual about "pnueing" my mag. After a very quick turn around I had a me a pnuematic assist sear trippin' RTP.

I know allot of you have been holding off on this mod on account of the unknown factor. So... Instead of a "look at my shinny new toy and praise me" thread, I'll write a review.

Pirate Gods Pnuemag Review:

Specs- RT pro, stainless valve, Lv.10, RT on/off, Inteliframe, Palmers Micro-Rock, input set at 700 psi.

Pull Wt. - Far lighter than expected. had been discribed to me as "pretty light". I would discribe it as "imaginary". At no point while pulling the trigger do I get the sense that any force is actively resisting me. While there is obviously some pull wieght, it is light enoungh to be negligable.

Pull Length - Varies. The initial pull is about the length of the side of a dime. I say the pull varies becuase the trigger does not seem to need to fully reset before being pulled again. I wont get into details unless someone cares, but I tested it and it's true. My thinking is that this is a function of the RT on/off pushing the ram back whether the trigger is still pulled or not. Whatever the reason, it enables insane rates of fire (not full auto).

Efficency - There does not appear to be a substantial impact on efficency. I'm told about one lost shot for every 50. That seems to jive with my play testing.

Feel - This is the most understated element to the pnuemag mod. The trigger is SMOOTH. It has none of the variable resistance and clikiness of a micro-switch based trigger. It is very hard to discribe it save to say it it SMOOTH. Also, it is SMOOTH.

Durability - Not sure. I am worried that becuase the systems involved are not desinged to work together they may be more inclined to failure. In particular the ram arm which takes most of the beating. My thinking is that a comercial version would be better in this department by having made for function parts.

Other - • The trigger hisses before, durring, and after evry pull until fully released. Not an issue, just something that happens. • I can't walk triggers well, I use an alternative method which is not quite fanning but rather "*street fighter II button jamming" a skill I refined while growing up in a familly owned arcade. For those who are used to walking electros, this trigger seems to take a bit of practice. A few guys at the store tried it. Two figured it out, one very well. However, none of them could walk as fast as I could "*street fighter II button jam". • At no point while testing or playing did my batteries die

OK, PICS:

Last edited by Patron God of Pirates; 08-05-2006 at 07:46 PM.

So what was the grand total for your project not counting the frame itself?

I would love to see some internal pictures if you may
    • AGD "Yea well our intention is to
      take over the world....one country at a time..... "

• Rt Pro X Valved Warp fed My Rtp
    • Props to Echo for the sig

Traded an crossfire tank + cash. ran me $60 plus the cost of the LPR.

Quote Originally Posted by ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
    I would love to see some internal pictures if you may
    http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...gAnch=imgAnch3

Not my picture, but I'm certain that's my frame

Congrats bro, and welcome to the family! These things are pretty wicked, huh? Glad you were inspired...

In case you want to use a Tee Fitting on your Valve to mount the LPR: Blue Tee Fitting

You'll need a COUPLER to match the tee.

Nice RT PneuMag BTW.

~Shingo~

Michigan- Yes, yes I can catch it with my butt... (I read that, in a book)
    everybody's got there pneumag...
    http://www.directaffect.com/dev/jason/ao_states/images/ao_mi.gif

http://www.colorspaintball.com/

http://www.mayhemsports.net/

Quote Originally Posted by paintman1234
    everybody's got there pneumag...
    heck yes everybody does!

Its the new age!

If we didnt have the problems with mass producing this thing I would almost bet my life it would boost AGD completley and bring back the mech craze.

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates
    http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...gAnch=imgAnch3

Not my picture, but I'm certain that's my frame

OMFG YOU ARE BACK!!!!

awesome.

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

Michigan- Yes, yes I can catch it with my butt... (I read that, in a book)
    I know a friend on here that will be getting his soon, cant wait to shoot it.... Im thinking either pneumag or spydermag with tboard....