Thread: Possible high speed camera test, what do you want to see?

Possible high speed camera test, what do you want to see?

Here is my post on the Guild.

The short version is, a local student has access to a high speed camera capable of up 1/80000 shutter speeds at 4000fps, 20x shutter or 8000fps, 10x shutter. Either way, this should be sufficient for stopping a paintball in it's tracks.

So what do you want to see filmed and can you help? Read the thread on the guild for some ideas so far and let me know what we are forgetting.

I'd also like to find(ie:beg/borrow/steal) one of those clear barrels AGD used for testing and/or a cocker threaded version. The mag version may be perfect for bolting up to a mag and an ion for in breech tests and the cocker would be great to test for differences between various guns and finally put a lot of hype to rest for at least another few years.

im confused how you are going to go about proving how the balls fly unless you are able to set them up to be taking the pics at a 90* to the barrel and have a nice measure borad placed be hind the flight.

along with that unless you do this and do it with multiple cameras down the line to see the balls' rise and fall in flight.

unless you are going to be taking the pics at 90* to the barrel with a reference behind teh flights i dont think you are going to prove much

-matt

Yes, these would be filmed at 90deg to the barrel with a reference board behind just like the old AGD tests but hopefully with more resolution and higher frame rate.

That would be a good test.

I would like to see a shot fired from a mag while looking down into the breach with a ball in there. We could then see the actual time sequence of the bolt and how long it stays forward and its return rate.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Filming one of those apex barrels might be cool.

offer this to the man TOM

How about:

- Film the paintball's backspin fired from a flatline barrel

- Filming a ball being split in half as it hits some kind of blade.

- Fire two markers at the same time and film the two balls hit each other directly in mid air

- To freak some people out about safety... get hold of a cow's eyeball and shoot it with a paintball.

- Get a marker to run liquid CO2 and fire a ball down a heavily ported barrel to film how the porting vents gas out as the ball travels down the barrel.

- Close up of a paintball hitting bare skin... a body part that would ripple on impact.

- Close up of Paintball hitting still water.

- Show an example of what a large asteroid would do if it hit the ocean... layer of sand with a layer of water over it... can be view from the side and on top during impact.

~Shingo~
    Last edited by Shingo; 10-17-2006 at 04:21 PM.

haha. ^ that sounds awesome. Go for that stuff.

Will we be able to view the vids when they're done? Would love to see how it all turns out.

~Shingo~

Here are some other ideas...

- Slow motion of a bullet (high caliber hollow point) hitting a completely filled HPA Tank

- Oil in the the fill nipple of an HPA Tank, then fill... watch as the oil flashes/burns and melts the walls of the tank as the whole thing explodes explodes.

- Drop a full HPA tank from a high distance hitting the concrete floor. Heck have the HPA Tank shot downward at very high velocity onto a concrete floor.

WHEN CAN WE SEE SOME VIDS!!!

~Shingo~

Who is letting CRySyS "borrow" three 4500 psi fiber wrapped tanks? I am sure he will give them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo
    Here are some other ideas...

- Slow motion of a bullet (high caliber hollow point) hitting a completely filled HPA Tank

- Oil in the the fill nipple of an HPA Tank, then fill... watch as the oil flashes/burns and melts the walls of the tank as the whole thing explodes explodes.

- Drop a full HPA tank from a high distance hitting the concrete floor. Heck have the HPA Tank shot downward at very high velocity onto a concrete floor.

WHEN CAN WE SEE SOME VIDS!!!

~Shingo~

Quote Originally Posted by blamtro
    Who is letting CRySyS "borrow" three 4500 psi fiber wrapped tanks? I am sure he will give them back.
    I'm not sure I'd want to use a tank if it's been shot......

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    I would like to see a shot fired from a mag while looking down into the breach with a ball in there. We could then see the actual time sequence of the bolt and how long it stays forward and its return rate.
    I'd second that one.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant