Thread: # of shots off a 47/3000

# of shots off a 47/3000

How many shots can an X-vavle with ULT get from a 47/3000?

Thanks,
    PBfiend

I think the rule of thumb is 10 shots per cubic inch on a 3000 PSI tank, so you are looking at around 450-470 shots. It all depends on setup and unfortunately no, I don't know how to get an exact answer for you. I wish I could so I would find something that would last me Just remember that Mags need at least 700-800 PSI of pressure to work properly. That means the remaining pressure you have in your tank after you fall below the 700-800 PSI mark (or whatever pressure you get to when your Mag will stop or not function correctly) is just wasted air. You will have to refill again so you can keep playing. I hope this helps.

PS - if you are looking for a smaller size tank, but you still want to have a good amount of shots off of the tank then go with a 70-72/4500. You will get closer to 1000 shots then.

Get a bigger tank. Or a 20oz CO2 and then invent a way to keep rapidly expanding Carbon Dioxide Gaseous.

I learned this a while ago:
    3000= x10
    4500=x15

take the cubic inches of you tank and multiply it by whatever psi you have that matches the key above. EG- 68ci/4500psi= (68x15)= 1020 and this is not exact it is approxamate. good luck.

Exclamation depends

It also depends on what you're shooting. I can play half a day with my 47/3000 on my Spyder. Then I put it on my Level 10 Mag and I need to fill it up every 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger
    Get a bigger tank. Or a 20oz CO2 and then invent a way to keep rapidly expanding Carbon Dioxide Gaseous.
    Say I do use a regular 20 oz tank with no anti-siphon tube. Can I just stick an expansion chamber on it and call it a day?

Quote Originally Posted by paintballfiend
    Say I do use a regular 20 oz tank with no anti-siphon tube. Can I just stick an expansion chamber on it and call it a day?
    Not with an X-valve, they are Compressed Air only.

How about an A.I.R valve?

Exactly 493.67 shots. Dude you can't judge like that. Two of the same mags shooting at different velocities might be a hundred shots off. You'd be suprised, but a lot of people walk around with broken gauges. When I was a field ref, people would ask me why I didn't fill their tank all the way, then I'd explain how our $60 fluid filled magic gauge is more accurate then their stock stuff.

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." -JFK

My calculations came out around 500.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

To be honest, I've never really tested it (# of shots) because if I'm in a game I don't feel like keeping track and then running out of air half-way through just to say, "Hey! It's exactly 642 shots!"

Of course, now I'm really curious...hmm.

NO!!!!

CO2 sucks on an X-Valve. You can make it work, but the X-valve performs very poorly. CO2 can't keep up with input pressures required for best performance. Not to mention it only takes one drop of liquid in your valve to ruin your day.

<--- WORLDS FASTEST MARKER!

Watch me OUTSHOOT a Victory Board HALO

No Patent Infringements needed

Ok, I figured you can't use CO2 on an X-valve.

I want to tun CO2 on an A.I.R. valve. Can I just add an expansion chamber and be ok?

Thumbs down Co2

Quote Originally Posted by paintballfiend
    Ok, I figured you can't use CO2 on an X-valve.

I want to tun CO2 on an A.I.R. valve. Can I just add an expansion chamber and be ok?
    This has been addressed about 600 times here and on other websites. Unfortunately, you'll get varied answers. Some guys say that old Mags with a Palmers Stabilizer work just fine and have never given them a problem...even in the cold of a Northeast winter. Other guys (like me) will tell you that all you're doing is asking for problems. I tried using my Mag with an expansion chamber in the fall a couple years ago...completely destroyed it....messed up o-rings. I essentially had to replace all of the o-rings. I fired like 3 shots real fast and that's all it took. A guy I played with this year, bought a Minimag, put a Palmers on it, seemed to work okay in warmer weather...I think he had problems in colder weather.

So the long and short of it is, give it a try...but realize that it would e a good idea to have a spare parts kit on standby.