Thread: My Superbolt broke!?!?!?!?!

My Superbolt broke!?!?!?!?!

I just got everything put on my gun that I got for Christmas (45/4500, Kapp stubby d/f, superbolt). I lubed the threads and all and attached my tank. I was shooting my gun to see how many shots I could get out of my new 45/4500. After about 100 shots, my gun made a noise and something shot out of my barrel into the barrel condom. When I looked at it, it was the tip off of my superbolt. I took my gun apart and found my sleeve cracked from one end to the other. The tip had broken off and shot down the barrel. The superbolt was a new one (trimmed down) from AGD. Anyone else have this happen? I know AGD will replace it no problems there, I was just wondering if it has happened to anyone else.
    JAY AUSTIN
    ~~~~TAG Factory X-ball~~~~

Powered by:

Regulators Outpost - Dalton Georgia

thats what 3 or 4 now that have broken, well I am sure that Tom wants to find the problem and for sure he will fix it, we can count on that

Richmond

Forest Green Unmilled Viking #475
    (black razor blade and black sticky3s)
    black 14in Powerlyte Scepter Kit
    Black Halo B
    88/45 Centerflag Hyperflow Stub

This is getting ugly, fast. I smell a recall.

Arman/XPM Guest
    Hello all,
    Hmmm....pretty soon, we all might be shooting superbolts instead of paint...

Sounds like these "Super" bolts are super crappy and aren't worth 50 bucks at all. All though, i've always thought that.
    Last edited by The Mag Man; 12-29-2001 at 06:04 PM.
    "The world you live in is just a sugar coated topping, there is another world, beneath it, the real world, and if you want to survive it, you better learn to pull the trigger!"

"Sorry Bart, I traded your soul for pogs, Alf pogs! Remember Alf? He’s back, in pog form."

We are looking into it, please standby while we get these back in the shop for examination. DJT please ra it back to us.

AGD

Tom, Wayne will be sending some back to you that we have at Wolf Hill Paintball. I will put it in that batch. Thanks.

I stand by the Superbolt and will use one again as soon as possible.

Ouch! That would hurt to get shot by the bolt!

Tom, maybe you should consider using another more durable frictionless platic. Possibly Nyube or something else. Good Luck fixing the problem.
    D . Y . N . A . S . T ... Y!

iR3

Another one!!!!!!!!
    ........$$...........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    .......$$$$................$$$......
    ......$$..$$...............$$$......
    .....$$....$$..............$$$......
    ....$$$$$$$.............$$$......
    ...$$........$$....$$$...$$$......
    ..$$..........$$....$$$..$$$......
    .$$............$$.....$$$$$.........

Ok 2 Questions.

1 What type of "Condom" were you using.

2 About how hard (fast) did it come out.

Originally posted by Shaft
    This is getting ugly, fast. I smell a recall.
    I could not agree more. This is really starting to look bad. I have seen 3 of these threads in the past week. I have already removed my superbolt from my gun. I am not taking a chance of having it break on me in a game. My luck it will happen when I am trying to bunker somebody and I will get ripped This needs to get fixed and fixed NOW!!!
    Jonathan Edwards-Captain,Damage Inc.
    2003 CPSA Novice Division Champions

Red/Black Fade Alais Intimidator
    Red Eblade GX3 Cocker-68/4500 AGD Flatline

Check My Feedback Here
    Visit Damage Inc's Home Field and Sponsor Fox Paintball
    Check Out Damage Inc's Team Website

Thumbs down Recall

It will take is for someone to get hurt I guess.Sure would hurt to get shoot on top of the head or anywhere else for that matter. Recall or refund!?!?!?:o
    DjGruv
    Damage Inc.
    Certified AGD Tech

Geebuz you guys. It's a new product, give it some time. No need to be alarmist about it. Sheesh.

yeah, all new products have their bugs. it just takes time to work'em out.

with almost every new product from anyone give it about a year to actually work and do whats its supposed to do

BONESisAgod Guest
    Miscue and Titan, I totally agree that it needs time...well, i used to think that way until i got hit with one in a game. Luckily it was a long shot on my friends part and it nailed me right in the shoulder. It drew blood and left a big bruise but ill be fine. I know AGD tests their products before they hit the market but maybe they should make the tests a little more rigorous. Im just thankful i didnt get hit in the lenses or the throat (not to mention the privates)

Bones,

You got hit with a Superbolt from long range and it drew blood? Please give me the specifics on this. I need a lot of detail.

AGD

BONESisAgod Guest
    im not sure the exact name of everything but ill do my best. It was probably about a 35 yard shot. We were shooting in the vacinity of 300fps. The thing inside the bolt (the thing that hits the ball and the little metal stick) flew out. He had just filled his tank and was at about 4400psi. The sleeve on his bolt wasnt cracked but a small piece was missing. His field strip screw was loose and he was double shooting. He had a freak barrel on an RT Pro vert feed. A 68/45 Max-Flo tank. It was about 28 degrees outside. I dont know what else to say, what else do you wanna know?

crap the little metal stick flew out too, thats very bad, it holds air now and would shoot like a rocket if that happens

btw-i assume the superbolt lowers the operating pressure because the air chamber is bigger because the little metal bolt stick fills with air too?

edit:and thats 2 freak barrel superbolt breaks(maybe more), coincidence? everyone who has a broken superbolt what kind of barrel are u using?
    Last edited by Minimag4me; 12-30-2001 at 04:41 PM.
    -Minimag Body HR
    -Retro Valve
    -Z grip with extender
    -12V X-Boarded Revvy
    -6 barrels including:10 Inch DYE SS, 8 inch Steel Wind, 8 inch stock minimag barrel, 12 inch BOA barrel, 12 inch Lapco Autospirit, 16 inch SPAA
    -68/3000 Flatline

Hrm... DJTmRave3, you mentioned that your Superbolt "was a new one (trimmed down)". Do you mean the corrected ones that are not .015 in too long? I have one of the very first ones that is too long, and have shot about 500 shots through it with no problems (yet, and hopefully none will ever arise). This is somewhat scary... hopefully there were just a handful with slight flaws, as opposed to a complete design error (after all, this is AGD, so design error is almost completely out of the question). Would it be wise to discontinue use of the Superbolt and go back to my longnose bolt?

Oh yeah, and I'm using a 14" Boomstick and an 8.5" TASO Eliminator... no Freak for me
    -Campbell "aNtHrAx323" Krueger
    http://www.h2overclocking.com
    http://www.h2oc.net

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." -(dunno)

Thread is closed. Superbolts are being recalled immediately. See recall thread in main forum.

AGD