Thread: What's the advantage of 2 gauges?

What's the advantage of 2 gauges?

What's the advantage of having two gauges like that? Is the one closest to the tank just for reading tank PSI and the 2nd is adjustable?

The gauge closest to the tank reads the pressure in the tank and the gauge farthest to the front tells you the pressure going to the gun. You usually have a two gauge set up like that anytime you have an adjustable tank.

Wink More the merry

2-is better than-1 ......

adjustable regs are good for low pressure operating markers. for example an AKA operates at around 75psi, a mag operates at around 800psi. mags don't really need them because the valve (am/mm, RT/X) is a regulator anyways. so just a normal fixed output of 850 psi should be fine. a second gauge placed where you can see it is good as a low air indicator though.

Don forgot to mention that you can tune the reactivity of your X-Valve trigger with an adjustable tank by increasing/decreasing pressure. Something highly coveted by most Mag owners.

<--- WORLDS FASTEST MARKER!

Watch me OUTSHOOT a Victory Board HALO

No Patent Infringements needed

Quote Originally Posted by ZapTheMad
    Don forgot to mention that you can tune the reactivity of your X-Valve trigger with an adjustable tank by increasing/decreasing pressure. Something highly coveted by most Mag owners.

oh yeah! and with the RT's!

Triangle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by don miguel
    adjustable regs are good for low pressure operating markers. for example an AKA operates at around 75psi, a mag operates at around 800psi. mags don't really need them because the valve (am/mm, RT/X) is a regulator anyways. so just a normal fixed output of 850 psi should be fine. a second gauge placed where you can see it is good as a low air indicator though.
    An Automag operates at around 450psi.

the internal resevoir holds about 450 psi but try to put 45 psi in ur mag and shoot more than 1 shot, id be surprised if you caould get 3 shots off in under 10 seconds none the less 1 shot. you need much more than 450 to the the trigger to reset in any reliability
    -matt

Triangle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SR_matt
    the internal resevoir holds about 450 psi but try to put 45 psi in ur mag and shoot more than 1 shot, id be surprised if you caould get 3 shots off in under 10 seconds none the less 1 shot. you need much more than 450 to the the trigger to reset in any reliability
    -matt
    And still, the automag operates at 450psi
    I seem to recall that Nicad's done it.
    Alot of people have as well.

Tell me why it cannot be done.

its like the fact that a cocker can operate at 75 psi out of the main reg, yes its posiable but it requires tinkering to get it to be able to cycle and operate in the same what that it can at 3-400 psi being put into the gun.

if it can be done then why dont people suggest getting lp tanks, and why can people not run their guns with lp tanks becasue when they have tried it before their guns didnt operate.

-matt

Triangle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SR_matt
    its like the fact that a cocker can operate at 75 psi out of the main reg, yes its posiable but it requires tinkering to get it to be able to cycle and operate in the same what that it can at 3-400 psi being put into the gun.

if it can be done then why dont people suggest getting lp tanks, and why can people not run their guns with lp tanks becasue when they have tried it before their guns didnt operate.

-matt

You're still not understanding what I said.
    The automag operates at around 450psi, regardless of the [greater] input pressure.
    I was correcting the village idiot

well i guess you definition of "operating psi" and mine are differant. if i can put x psi and get the gun to work then thats what i take as the operating psi not what it gets reged down to. a cocker can get 200 psi easily put into the system and it work flawlessly, if you try to put the 450 psi into the workings of the mag its not going to reset the trigger

-matt