Thread: Removing Gas with a Siphon Block

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Removing Gas with a Siphon Block

I have a 2003 Cavalier that I am trying to empty the completely full tank of, however it has a siphon block and I am at a loss of how to go about doing this. Anyone have any idea's?

I imagine there should be some kind of drain plug in the tank.

If not, perhaps you can make the fuel pump do the work for you.

<--- WORLDS FASTEST MARKER!

Watch me OUTSHOOT a Victory Board HALO

No Patent Infringements needed

Get the gas

Quote Originally Posted by aadams1984
    I have a 2003 Cavalier that I am trying to empty the completely full tank of, however it has a siphon block and I am at a loss of how to go about doing this. Anyone have any idea's?
    If you open the fuel door you will see about three small (8 mm) bolts that secure the filler neck to the body-Remove these. (you may also have to remove the fuel door if the filler neck bolts under it)
    If you look under the car you will see a black rubber "coupler" that connets the fuel neck to the gas tank and it has two band clamps-Loosen the top one (fuel neck side).
    If you look again there will be a smaller overflow tube that turns to a rubber hose also with two band clamps-Loosen the top one.
    With a little prying and pulling you should be able to remove the filler neck and have a direct UNOBSTRUCTED access to the gas.

^^ haha sounds like you've done this before

I just found it funny.

/hangs head in shame

Leading the Spyder revolution!

if it wasnt yours id just punch a hole in the bottom of the tank and use an oilpan LOL but i presume its yours