Thread: Why does my PMI Pure Energy Nitro tank have CO2 engraved on the side of it?

Why does my PMI Pure Energy Nitro tank have CO2 engraved on the side of it?

I just got my 48 cubic inch steel (actually, I think it's aluminum) PMI Pure Energy nitrogen tank the other day. I noticed that it has CO2 engraved on the side of it. I'm just curious to know why that is. Do they just take a CO2 tank and slap a reg and guage on it or what? Also, I didn't notice a Hydro dating on it. Do steel tanks need to be hydroed? Isn't it every five years? Shouldn't it be on the tank somewhere?

Thanks,
    Nathan

i think they jacked ur order and gave u the co2 tank. the hydro is on the bottom on the tank isn't it, for c02? or near the neck of the bottle.
    i don't know, i abbandoned co2 long ago and i don't play w/ neone who does.
    Drive it like you stole it.
    Shoot it like you borrowed it.
    Who Dares, Plays.

Well, I know it's a compressed air tank because it has a fill nipple, pressure guage, etc. Plus, I used it today and filled it with my scuba tank and nitro fill station. I don't believe I looked on the bottom for the hydro. I guess I expected it to be on the label.

Thanks,
    Nathan

well considering its a steal tank. like co2 tanks they are stamped or engraved on the bottle at the top of the tank near the neck. you can't do these on fiber wrapped bottle so they put it on the labels. or so i assume...
    Red 2k1 C&C LCD
    45/4.5k Pure Energy
    Skill to bunker you .
    A.K.A. PaintBallin on PBcity Forums
    referral another referral

i have the same tank and it also says co2 on it. I wouldn't fill it with co2 though, it would probably hurt the reg and it wouldn't be safe. I'm sure they didn't just put a co2 tank on there... The tank is bigger than any co2 tank i've ever seen..

My truck is louder than yours. A lot louder.

Good Traders: JT2002, LawFox32, Gizmolax32