Thread: E-mag Chopping Crazy

E-mag Chopping Crazy

Ok, guys. I never thought I would have this much problems but I am out of ideas. Earlier this week I posted a thread with this same title because my E-mag turned into a blender, my hopper servo had given out. Now, I am completely confused because my E-mag is chopping every single game, virtually blending every single shot.

Here is my set-up, converted E-mag from a RT Pro, warpfeed left body. Fresh batteries in the warpfeed and the hopper. I am using a freak barrel system, breach size .693, properly matched to the severe cyclone paint that I was using. I am using the plastic nubbins on the barrel. I am using the long nose stainless steel bolt. The ROF for the E-mag is set to max, 16bps.

Weather conditions were sunny, though cold, high for the day was in the mid 50's, when I left the field it was 44 degrees.

Observations, I notice that the paint stack at the breach, the next paintball was sticking almost halfway into the breach. In certain games, I noticed as my ROF increased so did the chopping, but in others virtually every shot was chopping, to the point that the paint was oozing out every porting hole in the barrel and the breach. The chopping is occuring in the breach area, of this I am almost certain, I just out of ideas how to make it stop.

I am sure that the weather has a factor in this, as paint was really getting brittle, but I am wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening again.

"The BEAST"
    "No-Rise" E-mag
    Level 10 Bolt
    AGD Flatline 91cu in/4500psi
    Black HALO B

"Red Heatseeker"
    Red to Clear Fade Freak Factory Impulse
    68/4500psi Max-Flo
    Red HALO B

switch out your plastic nubbin for a regular one. i think you got a bad nubbin.

I've had similar problems when I had my warp on there. I tried adjusting the warp to the gun and everything but it still started chopping once I pulled the trigger faster. So I'll probably sell my warpfeed now. But without the warp I was shooting very fast in cold and rainy weather with dimpled paint.

if anyone has any suggestions on how to set the warp correctly then PLEASE let me know. Thanks
    E-mag
    Fire Anoed 68/4500 geddon

I need a freak tip! pm me if you have one to sell.

I had this problem to, and it might me a combo of problems. First I have heard that once you break a ball with the plastic nubins you keep on breaking. Solution get a wire one. Posibly your warped feed isnot sensing all of your shots. Solution get an intel feed to you emag, from the AGD online store. Could be the freak to, I noticed on my freak that the porting is really really sharp when comparled to a dye boomy. Possible solution, try getting a new barrel. Also make sure you have the power feed plug in all the way and it is good
    Marc

yeah the freak tip porting seems to be pretty sharp, my freak tip is a bit crooked I think from the previous owner, and I have the interlink cables and extra wire nubbins. I'll try those suggestions out. Btw do I have to put a jumper for the negative or positive signal in my warp? Does the emag send a pos or neg signal when it fires? And finally how do you guys set the jumpers on your warp?
    I think I need to set mine to spin longer though because I set my warp on a hopper left body so the tube goes underneath the trigger guard.

interesting, My Emag never chopped a ball except for one day when my battery was dead and another day when I took my warp feed off. Did you read your warp instructions on how to adjust it's sensitivity, it's a simple knob inside. Then again I'm in Hawaii and the weather doesn't fluctuate much here.

clean the gun

Did you clean the gun after the first chop? If you don't clean the feed tube and hole, the balls get paint on themselves and don't go properly into the barrel. After the first chopped ball Mag has to be cleaned otherwise you can expect a lot more chops.

Good news, I have finally fixed the problem. After a thorough cleaning, close inspection and some tesing, I have found the blending/chopping of the paint to be several problems:

A) when I originally sized the paint, it was at home, in a warm room. At the field, it was much colder and it seems that the ball size had changed dramatically, smaller that is.

B) the plastic nubbin that I was using had worn down on the backside hump, not the hump which goes into the breach, allowing excessive flexing. I beleive this wear was caused by too much insertion and removal of the barrel.

C) the charge in the warp battery was low, which has now been solved by either the series or parallel, tried them both, dual 9v harnesses.

D) the paintball was excessively brittle in the cold. Tested same paint outdoors, after fixing the above, and exploded a couple out of 200 rnds. After another thorough cleaning, re-tested indoors, same paint kept indoors as a control group, and did not bust nary a one for the remainder of the case.

I was really happy that it was not the gun and I would like to thank everyone who gave ideas to fix this problem.