Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger pull too hard!

Question Trigger pull too hard!

I just have a general question. I bought my minimag in Sept. and recently updated the stock trigger to a Dye double. After installing the Dye I realized that with the mag all a trigger really is was an actuator for the trigger rod. With the Spyder and such you can lighten the trigger pull by changing the spring. No such option here. What can I do to lighten the trigger pull???? This gun is 2 years old so the trigger should be broken in. I have lubed the rod assy. Help!!

KamikazePenguin Guest
    ....the trigger isn't too heavy, if it is then either something is wrong with your gun or you're too used to electros

in all honesty, there really isn't a way to make the trigger pull lighter, but i don't find it to be all that heavy, especially if your mag is 2 years old.

if it's a retro valve, turn the input pressure down from ur tank. if it's not, i don't know what to tell u except don't use spacer kits because they don't work.
    Drive it like you stole it.
    Shoot it like you borrowed it.
    Who Dares, Plays.

Spacer kits won't lighten it, niether will aftermarket on-offs, regs, or chargers.
    What you need is a workout program for your fingers Go to the gym and tell them you need to beef up your trigger finger

not to offend agd in any way

but i have gone against their wishes and polished my sear
    and that infact did lighten my pull, im not at all tellin you to go do this for it is THE start to ruining my sear and i undersatnd that, however i have examined my sear closely before and after every time i use it and has shown a very small amount of unusual wear and that wear is what makes your pull softer over the years i just wanted to speed it up a little and thats what i did.
    now im no techie but this act of agd product torture, if you will, just may ruin the warranty of your gun, so PLEASE DONT DO IT, unless your completely obligated

i meant to add in there...
    do a search on "trigger jobs" and read all the posts before you make up your mind.
    many people may call my last reply "false information"
    and it may be totally against their religion to try any kind of mag trigger job, but i call what i have done an adjustment and/or a shortining of the break in process of my retro...imo of course

i'm pretty sure that you can't lighten a trigger pull at all.

Finger push-ups.

lol, i agree, i do 100 a night and now i can get 50 bps on a spyder compact

Lightbulb Shortening is as easy as 1-2-3

1- Your trigger rod is presest by AGD but it can be adjusted its a time consuming process but it does work My friend has a DYE and i havea benchmark and my trigger pull is so light that i can hit the trigger sideways and it shoots know this is hours of srewing with my gun. Adjust the pin out about a half a turn and try it if it shoots alittle easier go alittle more if it then shoots worse take it back a 1/4 turn just play around with it.
    2- If your mecanicaly inclined and can drill and tap your trigger to have adjustment screws like machine screws you can just about make it so short it will shoot itself drill one in the bottom to hit the back of your grip frame and one at the top to push the trigger inwards.
    3- buy a benchmark iam 100% sold on there double finger grips they are made with a more milled out groove for the trigger rod so it shortens itself automatically once you put it on. Good luck and remember just play around with the trigger rod in and out it cant hurt to try right.

Re: Shortening is as easy as 1-2-3

Originally posted by SINIKA CAPTAIN
    1- Your trigger rod is presest by AGD but it can be adjusted its a time consuming process but it does work My friend has a DYE and i havea benchmark and my trigger pull is so light that i can hit the trigger sideways and it shoots know this is hours of srewing with my gun. Adjust the pin out about a half a turn and try it if it shoots alittle easier go alittle more if it then shoots worse take it back a 1/4 turn just play around with it.
    2- If your mecanicaly inclined and can drill and tap your trigger to have adjustment screws like machine screws you can just about make it so short it will shoot itself drill one in the bottom to hit the back of your grip frame and one at the top to push the trigger inwards.
    3- buy a benchmark iam 100% sold on there double finger grips they are made with a more milled out groove for the trigger rod so it shortens itself automatically once you put it on. Good luck and remember just play around with the trigger rod in and out it cant hurt to try right.
    No comment.

Thanks for all of the info. guys! I really can't believe how great this forum and this company is. I shot a mag with a Hyperframe today and I think this is the best of both worlds, the great design of this gun with an electro trigger.

sinika

you should do a search on"trigger rod length"
    nuff said

Re: not to offend agd in any way

Originally posted by tunaman jr
    but i have gone against their wishes and polished my sear
    and that infact did lighten my pull, im not at all tellin you to go do this for it is THE start to ruining my sear and i undersatnd that, however i have examined my sear closely before and after every time i use it and has shown a very small amount of unusual wear and that wear is what makes your pull softer over the years i just wanted to speed it up a little and thats what i did.
    now im no techie but this act of agd product torture, if you will, just may ruin the warranty of your gun, so PLEASE DONT DO IT, unless your completely obligated
    I am gonna break your arm!!! Maybe that will lighten your trigger pull some more!
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

its official, i will never again listen to anything sinika has to say.

Messing Up Your Gun Is Easy As 1 2 3

Originally posted by SINIKA CAPTAIN
    Your trigger rod is preset by agd to the leanth of 1.985. The fact that this measurement has to be down to a thousandth of an inch should be enough to keep your from messing with it. But some people like Sinka here don't get things easially. Messing with your rod can cause increased wear on bolts, on-off, and your sear, occasionally causing leaks, and even preventing the gun from fireing at all.
    Ajustment screws are even worse, as these don't allow the rod to go all the way foward and make a full travel, this will cause the problems above, but will do more damage.
    Benchmark frames are decent frames, yes. But it doesn't not ajust itself automatically.
    Good luck if you tried this and rememeber, it can hurt to try.

every one thinks trigge rod is the magic adjustment that will make the tigger pull shorter and lighter. truth is the only thing the trigger rod does is toggle the sear. the trigger rod is set so that it releases the bolt just before the on/off pin is depressed and then to catch the bolt after it is finished bouncing off the bolt spacer and the valve is recharged.

most of the problems that occur in an Automag is caused by people messing with the carefully crafted parts of the gun.

What i did is got a bencht double trigger frame, then loosened the pin untill it was just touching the trigger"whne gassed up" i then polished my sear. I took my gun up to the local field and let some people shoot it. They said it was the best trigger pull they have ever felt on a mag and it took my 5 mins. to do. All mags are different so just tinker.

My 2 cents

The only thing you can do is change to a different grip frame. The benchmark has a lighter pull. The trade off is that the pull is a little longer. There is NO WAY to make the pull both lighter and shorter on a properly broken in mag. Polishing the sear will shorten the breakin time but may cause premature wear. The best thing to do is make sure the gun has had at least a couple of cases of paint through it and if that's not light enough try different grip frames until you find one you like.

Or you could just buy an E-mag.

New Rule Proposition:
    The Mods should consider preventing members with < 100 posts from replying to posts in the Tech Forum. These new guys come in thinking they know what is what. Suggesting adjustable trigger stops, messing with the trigger rods, and polishing sears. These are the 3 Deadly Sins of the AutoMag! I have noted these user names, and will be sure to avoid their advice.
    David M. Jones
    SPPLAT #1001321
    Loyal AGD Customer For Life
    "I love my Mag more than my girlfriend - is that wrong?"
    "In case you haven't heard you can run your mag over with your car and it will still work" - TK

Originally posted by davej946
    New Rule Proposition:
    The Mods should consider preventing members with < 100 posts from replying to posts in the Tech Forum. These new guys come in thinking they know what is what. Suggesting adjustable trigger stops, messing with the trigger rods, and polishing sears. These are the 3 Deadly Sins of the AutoMag! I have noted these user names, and will be sure to avoid their advice.
    I think you are a moron. Just because people don't have many post it does not mean that they don't know anything. I have like 3 post but that is because I just found this place. I have been playing for like 6 years now and I am sure I know a good amount about paintball. I know I am not an expert but I am sure there are people with more than 100 post who know way less than I do. Itis fine to judge people on what they say but not on the amount of post they have. thank you

im with -OhMyAMoose- on that one. you cant base peoples knowledge, and experience based on the amount of posts they have.

iisp0tii Guest
    hell yes! you people say "oh dont mess with the automag, its so good as it comes" & other people say "just mess with it" i think everyone should shut up & keep there damn comments to them selfs & let people do what ever they want to there gun. they bought & paid for it (hopefully) so its there to mess around with. if they get somthing just right, whoopy. if they mess somthin up, oh well. if they break somthin, buy a new one. i think everyone should just do wahtever they want before i have to come bunker everyone with my modified mag w/ MY SHORTENED TRIGGER ROD!!!!!! ahahahahaha.

Dave, a perfect example of what you explained in your last post is right above me.

He goes on the list of ignore
    -mag
    -cocker
    i have both.

I think Dave is somewhat right, biased as he may be. This sinika comes on here talking like an expert of trigger jobs, when I doubt he's heard all the horror stories. But then there are people like ricerocket(manny from aftershock) who are under a 100 posts, and know a helluva lot more about tourney play than me. But in cases like this post there are a bunch of people who don't have that much experience on what happens when you screw with what Tom has set, and have just posted a bunch of false info. I think the worse thing we can do is let people screw up their guns, then they come back whining. We're here to educate.

i just wonder why people are so inclined to change it. if it works shoot it. if you miss, dont blame it on the gun.
    i dont like signatures. so i turned them off. AO is much better this way.

Yes there are alot of people that don't know what they're talking about. But the great part about an open forum is that when someone gives bad advise 6 other people will tell you why its a bad idea. The problem is that the same person isn't always right. I've corrected alot of misconceptions, but every now and then I say something wrong. More often then not someone corrects me and I learn something. If half the people can't speak you may be silencing the one person with the answer to your question.

I really think that banning people with under 100 posts from the tech forum is a bad idea. When I started out here I knew a lot about mags. I then came here and learned even more. I mean, I knew to not mess with the rod and sear unlike some idiots but I didn't know the difference between a foamie bolt and superbolt... It's just that our knowledge can't span over every aspect of mags until we are corrected.

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

I wonder just how many of these people who are first to shout "don't screw with the rod, you can't do a trigger job" really have tried to do something creative with their Mag or are they just repeating what someone with 1000+ posts writes?

What I say next may offend the most sensitive of you so read on only if you think you can take it:

There ARE things you can do to your Mag ... and make it better than a completely stock one!

sure, there are some things. ive put a trigger stop on my benchmark for the sole purpose that while its a lighter pull, its a lot longer than the stock frame. it still pulls just a bit farther than it needs to, so i dont starve it out, but the point is, things can be done. messing with the rod causes wear. okay, but maybe people dont mind buying new parts every now and then at the cost of getting a nice trigger AT THE TIME. ive adjusted my rod before. killed my on off. will never do it again. but wait i did just a little, because i didnt learn. now my pull is not only lighter, but my on off as shown no wear other than one little knick in almost 7 months? so let the unskooled little children play with their mags. the first people who tried had to screw up to teach all of us the EASY wayof listening to whats right. but its fun to tinker, right or wrong. eventually they get smart, and probably smarter than most of us. shoot they're already smarter than me. course thats not an accomplishment, anyway, the morale of the story is, flaming comments should be kept to a minimun. dont flame unless responding to a DIRECT attack on yourself, and even then, keep it civilized. really, throwing in a dozen cuss words does about as much as pissing in one hand and wishing in the other. ya know whats gonna get filled first, so be smart and THINKbefore ya reply all the time. okay im done.
    "Mad Painter"
    CF61270 / Black Aluminum Z-Body
    14" Bob Long Signature Series Aluminum
    Benchmark 1x Trigger Frame
    KAPP Black Forgrip
    47ci 3000 psi Pure Energy

"Sometimes, its no longer the destination we're searching for, rather the journey along the way."
    -some old lifer