Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: im sorry

BONESisAgod Guest

im sorry

I am here to apologize about the superbolt story. I read many many posts of peoples bolts breaking so I decided to add to the hype and make a story that I was hit with a bolt. I just got off the phone with Tom for the second time and decided I should admit it before anything seriouse happened. I am sorry and I hope I can do something to help the problem. I want to apologize to AGD and the people who went along with the story. Dont try to contact me, for I will not be able to answer for a long time because I am grounded for probably a long time and may have other punishments. Im sorry it got out of hand.

Alex higginbotham

Ok. Thanks for the info. It's good of you to come forward with this. As a reminder to everyone... flames are unacceptable for any reason so behave yourselves... otherwise this thread will be closed.
    Last edited by Miscue; 01-01-2002 at 07:09 PM.

Well, at least you were honest. that takes alot of guts to do that.
    Last edited by Paintballer86; 01-02-2002 at 05:52 AM.

Glad you were honest.
    At least you didn't take it any further and worry us all.
    It doesn't take a big man to make up a lie, but it does take one to admit to it. Especially on this scale.

The reprecussions from this "joke" could be felt for a long time. It sounds like alot of people have been running around on New Years Day on a wild goose chase, and I bet there will be some resentment about that.

Could someone at AGD clarify things now. Is there a recall or not?

Thanks

Keith

MrAirgunRT Guest
    Tom said himself they are being recalled..

*There is no recall now, it's been downgraded to an update. Check the sticky threads.* -Miscue

No, not recalled anymore. Check out Tom's new thread.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

MrAirgunRT Guest
    lol, mybad man I just saw the new thread

No hard feelings man. At least you came forward with it, and thats more than a lot of people would have done.
    Why go to the light, when darkness has its warmth too....
    Brak "I poop in the sink."
    EPIC - Warp - 68/45 Armageddon
    Black 2k LCD
    Green 99 Dark Angel

I'm sorry, but this "No Hard Feellings stuff" kinda doesn't make sense to me. Forgive and Forget is a great way to live, but before we all have a group hug lets look at what has happened here.

Tom has been forced to glue himself to this forum for information, updates and damage control over New Years Eve and New Years Day. Imagine how that is going to feel? It's my perception that he takes his company very seriously - and personally. If I was in the same situation I would right now be VERY angry. I would probably have spent a sleepless night worrying about how to get word out to people, fearing that someone might get badly hurt, and worrying about the possibilities of lawsuites.

Yes, I agree that we should move on, but let's pause for thought first. Serious things happen when people play around with the truth. It sounds like ON NEW YEARS DAY the AGD staff have been trying to track this stuff down. Stores have been calling customers, and I bet some serious work has been going on to try to reproduce the problem.

That just plain sucks, and I hate the fact that Tom has had to go through it. It also isn't clear to me if this "honesty" is the result of a sudden desire to tell the truth, or the result of panic as things heat up and the deception starts to unravel.

So, Sorry for the rant. This isn't meant to be a flame in any way. I think that understanding the implications of things like this is important.

Keith.

I'm in perfect agreement with you. This is a terrible thing that has happened and I think most of us feel bad about it. This is about the last thing AGD needs. Just keep supporting AGD and hopefully things will wash out quickly... what else can we do...

No flame, but I dont think that was cool at all. You probally cost AGD a lot of time and money doing that. For spreading rumors that could cause serious damage to a company's reputation I think you should be banned if you arent already. I mean, Donggie was banned for spamming by mistake but this is far more serious.
    "I may be half human, but Im all Woman"

Retro PF Mag
    Lvl 10
    Intelliframe
    DYE 12" aluminum'
    KAPP foregrip
    68/3k Flatline
    KAPP DZ2

1987 VW Scirocco 16v

GOOD TRADERS: Alf, Snakestang
    BAD: iNeedaN2tank!

shartley Guest
    Agreed! (dawump)

If it was me, some people (and/or their folks) would be out some serious money and time... court time. Being grounded would be the LEAST of anyone’s worries.

Seems like too many are quick to pass out the "Good job for admitting it" stickers and gold stars of "Takes guts to step forward"... all that holds no water in my book, sorry. And if it was MY kid….. enough said.

But at least we can get the stress problem fixed. For the bolts being as new as they are, there should really be no problems anyway.. but there was. I am glad that it was not as serious (on a personal injury side) as what was thought, but am not happy that it went this far. Not happy at all.

who deleted my post

*I did. It was inappropriate, do not repeat.* -Miscue

I'm sure a lot of damage was caused by this, and I'd hate to imagine what could have happened if this wasn't confessed to as early as it was...

Well, you members all know my thoughts of thieves and liars. Let it suffice, that Tom likely will not allow me to post any personal statements on this matter since I will not hold back any words that convey my contempt.

I am shaking with anger right now, because some dumb kid just cost AGD a lot of time, money, integrity, and standing amongst the paintball industry, not to mention a lot more gray hair for Tom, all because he wanted to "add to the hype".

I would love to slap his Parents.

I really want a Superbolt still, when do they expect to clear things up by? Are the original Superbolts with the foamies available for purchase?

p.s If he isnt banned I really recomend that he is soon.

Arman/XPM Guest

Army

Well said.

Dawump - shartley,
    I agree with you both completely.

Who knows how many visitors to this forum left with a whole new impression of AGD. And I will leave it at that.

Wow I am speechless,

What a relief for Tom though..

I knew something was fishy, luckily the kid fessed up, still like to reach thru my monitor and smack him though.

This one is for Tom's trouble, *SMACK* AND NO MORE LIEING!

Angry

Im sorry but all I can say is what the hell were you thinking? enough said.....

its amazing what some people will do for bring attention to themselves. i also think he should be banned and if Tom hasnt already done so call his parents and let them know what is going on. i have a lot more to say but...
    Email Adio755@Hotmail.com AIM Adio755
    The PB Trading List

MrAirgunRT Guest
    They know, believe me. Also, his parents aren't to blame Army, he is one of my friends and his parents are strict on him, they try to teach him right, and from what I knew b4 this incident is that they did a good job of it. Otherwise I totally agree with you, just smack him

ok guys, lets not start flaming. he admitted his lie, the recall has been reduced to a update, and i think this should be put behind us. i am angry too, very angry actually, but i think BONES is getting a good enough punishment from his parents. i know many probably disagree with me, but you have to put things behind you. i don't like to hold a grudge.

Angry

Im sad to say that ALEX was one of my friends too. I knew he was kinda wierd but I never thought he'd do something this STUPID. I hope he does get the punishment he deserves. After spending time with Tom and other Master Techs at ZAP this makes me feel like a bad person cuz he was a friend. O ya and so everyone knows... When talking about BonesisGod dont just say BONES, causes confusion. L8er
    MrAirgunRT: "You went to school to learn how to eat chicken?!"
    "Mango, You got the sunglasses I gots the Chicken 'n Rice"

If Bonesis has a mag he should be stripped of it. Some people, some people.

P.S. AGD keep up the good work

ban him
    thats great he came forward and he admitted it, but there has to be some reprecusions to his actions. Due to the nature of the internet any idiot can post how his bolt came flying out of his barrel and almost took his arm off. This could cause serious long term damage to AGD's rep, we all know how well the internet loves to excentuate the negative and forget the positive. I would not be surprised to see in another forum a story about how some kid got shot with a chunk of bolt 3 months from now. No matter how many people step forward and say this story is not true it will float around the net for years damaging AGD's rep. I don't see this kid adding anything to our online group of positive value.
    Gecko
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

You better ban this kid for what he has done. Im sorry just does not cut it. When you do something wrong you have to pay the piper. BAN HIM!!!! Punk
    Jonathan Edwards-Captain,Damage Inc.
    2003 CPSA Novice Division Champions

Red/Black Fade Alais Intimidator
    Red Eblade GX3 Cocker-68/4500 AGD Flatline

Check My Feedback Here
    Visit Damage Inc's Home Field and Sponsor Fox Paintball
    Check Out Damage Inc's Team Website

ok alot of people will probably disagree with me but i think he doesnt deserve a punishment,however i have NOT,i repeat NOT heard the entire story behind this but i can partly piece it together and i think just him admitting it is enough,i know i wouldnt be able to admit it.And,i definately do NOT think he should be banned!!!!!!he made a mistake,he apologized for it,what harm was done by it?

PUNISHMENT: He has to eat the cracked superbolts...tuff but fair I think.
    -Mike

well i don't condone his lying but i also think that sometimes people forget that the internet is NOT a good source of information, in that anyone has access to the net and for this reason you never know who is writting what.
    lesson for the day don't believe everything you read.
    P S - i don't believe he should bare full blame, but these are just my opinions
    -Paul-
    pjohnson36523@yahoo.com