Thread: **** Superbolt Recall Downgraded to an Update*****

**** Superbolt Recall Downgraded to an Update*****

In light of the recent announcements that in fact no one was injured by a Superbolt we are downgrading the recall to and update. Please see "I'm sorry" thread in classics.

At this point we do not have a structural problem with the core of the bolt. We do have a problem with the sleeves cracking from stress. We are working on a solution to the cracking problem that you might be able to do at home. Please do not use your Superbolts until we announce a fix. At this time you do not have to send your bolt in unless it is already cracked.

Please stand by for further info and spread the word that Superbolts are not being recalled, only updated.

Thank you,

AGD

We are still going to be able to buy the superbolts after AGD upgrades them, right?
    Marc

Glad to hear that no one was injured. In reviewing the design of the sleeve, will AGD also look into the bolt length and bolt face? I have no probs with the sleeve cracking or anything, for me the bolt overhanged just far enough into the breach to hang up some balls, medium bore. I don't know if .015 would be enough to cause this or not. Also I noticed many more breaks w/the superbolt than my regular foamie. I was using brittle paint, but with that same paint had much less problems with the foamie than the superbolt. Hope this helps

-Dave

Yes. They won't be available for a few weeks though. They need to decide on what is to be updated and then they need to actually make them. Just hold on for a little and you'll have one.

Good because I dont think I could handle not having a super bolt. Wont this also delay the extreme emags, because they need the super bolts. I would think they need the superbolts because extremes are aluminum and a steel bolt would tare though it correct?

Nah, Superbolt is just an extra thing they can add as stock to make it cooler.

I just want to say this for I think most everyone here at AO... PHEWWWW!!!!!!!!!

I don't own a superbolt but when i heard they were being recalled i wasn't too happy. It seems like AGD is slamming back into a competitive market real fast. The introduction of the emag, and now all these great upgrades. The superbolt thing was a heartbraker, now its been down graded to a "eeh thats not so bad."

I wish you good luck Tom and the AGD crew.

My truck is louder than yours. A lot louder.

Good Traders: JT2002, LawFox32, Gizmolax32

shartley Guest
    Tom,
    Glad that the safety issue is resolved. I look forward to updates.

Im upset over this whole thing, but atleast we know how fast word can get around when it really needs to. And atleast no one got physically hurt

I'm very glad to here this as I had just finished boxing
    it up for shipment tomorrow. I love this bolt!!
    I truly believe this will all work out better than any one could hope for now!!
    To T.K. Your integrity is Inspiring!
    Thanks

ben_JD Guest

What does this do to the Extreme?

First off, I'm glad that the superbolts are apparently in a "fixable" condition. My concern, though, is what this re-work of the bolts will do to the delivery of the Extreme. I was looking forward to one this month or early next, but this seems as if it may push the entire schedule back.

Any ideas?

"downgraded to an upgrade"
    Am I the only person that finds that phrase funny?
    Get it?
    downgraded to an upgrade... lol
    I din't know that was possible.

Serious, I am glad, for this can be fixed.

Unhappy

I talked with Marsha (AGD OfficeGal) today, and my superbolt is already there.

My superbolt was sure breaking a lot more paint than the stock bolt ever did. Maybe a fix is in the works.

Russ, patiently waiting for a new, updated superbolt to arrive

Originally posted by Vegeta
    Whar?

I noticed that the store is still showing that the bolt is recalled. Someone may want to update that.

I got a call from Jon today (Wednesday) and he wanted me to call him back..so i was wondering if he was just calling to find out if i had sent it in or not..because i haven't..it's still sitting in the bag that it was sent in..just thought i would break in my ReTRo Valve with the stock bolt first..so i haven't even tried the Super bolt yet..it looks pretty though..no cracks or anything..go figure...

Originally posted by Vegeta
    Get it?
    downgraded to an upgrade... lol
    I din't know that was possible.

Serious, I am glad, for this can be fixed.
    Its downgraded to an update... Not an upgrade.

I had a preproduction sample and shot the crap out of it. I could have told you that there wasn't any safety issue with it.

What a moronic little kid. I'm totally amazed and shocked at this kid... I hope some legal action is taken by AGD against him or his parents.

That's just my humble opinion, though.

Sorry I'm posting this now, I've just noticed it.

DR
    Oderint dum metuant

Have a hear DR!

didn't you ever do anything stupid when you were yong? (which was a very long time ago )

I don't know, what kind of legal action could be taken? Is this considered slander? At least the pannic wasn't very far spread (just pannic on AO).