Thread: Why some people should play paintball!!

Talking Why some people should play paintball!!

Found this at: http://www.dailyindependent.com/0107...al/local8.html

This guy's lucky he didn't end up a Darwin Award winner! :P

Tuesday, January 08, 2002

High Noon

Man accidentally shoots himself in 'showdown' with a snowman

WILLARD — A Carter County man accidentally shot himself Monday while practicing his quick-draw on a snowman, Kentucky State Police at Ashland said.

Bob Bowling, 32, of Willard, suffered a gunshot wound to his right upper thigh, according to the KSP's Ashland post.

The incident occurred about 2:55 p.m. at Bowling's residence on Lost Creek, the KSP said.

Bowling initially told the KSP that he had his gun in a holster and that it discharged when he sat down.

However, after being taken to King's Daughters Medical Center, Bowling told Trooper Russ Fannin that the weapon went off while he was quick-drawing on a snowman.

Bowling was released after treatment at KDMC, hospital spokesman Tom Dearing said.

thats to bad, he shouldn't try to do fancy quick draws if he doesn't know what he is doing

shartley Guest

Talking

LOL Classic!

Now… I can sort of understand being stupid and playing around.. but why was the gun loaded? Did he and Frosty have a fight the day before and he had reason to believe he would be packing?

Brings a new meaning to the term “Freeze!”

Too bad for Kentucky. You never hear stories like: "Kentucky man discovers how to turn dirt into low-cost high-grade oil" or "Kentucky couple discover meaning of life". I have a lot of customers in KY, and they are flat-out some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with. But I'll still laugh at the stories!
    the JoKeR

Tragically hip and criminally insane.

Now building the ultimate truck body kit. Click on the logo above for details!

Ha Ha I live like 20 minutes from there.
    AIM:spammer331

theres a bud in town that did the same thing with a springfield 1911 .45acp. 'cept he was trying to quick draw on a deer. Guess the deer won that one
    "I want to thank the Canadian people who came out to wave, with all five fingers, for their hospitality,” -President Bush (Tuesday November 30/04)

I know a guy that seriously does that and he is really good at it he goes to tournaments for that stuff. I wanted to get him a PT enforcer and take him paintballing but he wasn't up for that.
    Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off of your Objective.