Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To Put An Ego Frame On A Mag

Quote Originally Posted by latches109
    why over engineer things?

I was just thinking of a solution to what appeared to be issues at hand,

1) fear of noid leaking.... I have no idea if it does or not, but I'm sure there must be some advantage to having the full size noids and/or the ability to use noids you might already have in your possession from other guns.

2) Ability to use other frames such as inteli frame etc and then in turn allows for the use of more common rams that are already easily modded for that frame and others....

3) Could also possibly hold the lpr?? Or make it easy to put the LPR sticking out the front under the barrel like a lot of other p-mags do, then u could route the hose to the noid easily right there.

But I agree I am going to do this mod exactly like how it was already done (gonna have to use an 05 ego frame though), I just need a firm answer on what ram to use. But I thought I would share my idea with others as I like to dream and know the users on the board are great at making some killer mags and might like the idea. Also would remind me of an invert mini.

latches109 Guest
    how ever you do it is fine. Just showing one possibility and that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by latches109
    how ever you do it is fine. Just showing one possibility and that it works.

Any word on the ram you used????? type, make, model?

How about some places to buy actuators in general, I'm ok with trying a few out but I can't seem to find anywhere that has a descent selection.

latches109 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    I was just lookng at your ram you used.

Looks ALMOST like mine. Mine is a bit longer and slightly deeper but drops into the I-frame with no milling required. Whats the width of that EGO frame internally?

My bore is larger too,... Im using an 8mm bore. I was going to try the 6mm & 4mm bore but between gas usage and the stoke to strike force on the sear using an R/T on-off.... 8mm as the way to go.

the 8mm was 16mm wide and didn't fit as i remeber. It could be thinner if other mounting options were choosen.

latches109 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai
    How about some places to buy actuators in general, I'm ok with trying a few out but I can't seem to find anywhere that has a descent selection.

compact automations. is one. You would need a business license to be able to order direct. Google what you need and many options come up. I have not taken the time to find out about the ram yet.

just wanted to up the thread. im starting my own project using an 05 ego frame. im searchin around for rams and i think i mightve came up with a couple. ill check back tomorrow and let you guys know what ive learned.

Quote Originally Posted by olinar
    just wanted to up the thread. im starting my own project using an 05 ego frame. im searchin around for rams and i think i mightve came up with a couple. ill check back tomorrow and let you guys know what ive learned.
    Thanks that would be awesome!

I tried looking for compact automations and no joy, also looked around for just generic actuators and not having much luck either. If anyone has a good link that would be very appreciated.

latches109 Guest

I saw one that would work at the smc booth at NPPL HB. edit: also a better noid...possibly.

heres a site i found. im too tired to look through it but im sure someone could find something
    http://www.numatics.com/product/valves/tm.asp

latches109 Guest
    heres a site i found. im too tired to look through it but im sure someone could find something
    http://www.numatics.com/product/valves/tm.asp
    # Voltage: 12 and 24 VDC
    # Power: 1.2 watt / 1.35 watt with/LED
    # Response Time: < .010 seconds

voltage is too high for an ego board.
    Power consumption is higher
    10milisecond response is ok, but slow.

Edit: cv is low too

im not too savvy with this sorta thing. im gonna need to learn some more about this. were there any other options on that site that would work?

I bought an 06 ego frame off e-bay and put a mpa-3 in it. Just have to shave it down like you do for a pneumag. I believe the o6 frames are a bit wider than the 05. Picked it up for $120 with maniac board. Should be done with most of the frame soon, and will put up some pics. I am gonna have a few surprises with this thing so am excited to get er done.
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

after i finish my o5 frame, ill pick up an 07 frame and try it. this seems to be an easy mod for the most part. im going to run out of mags to put frames on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssault
    I bought an 06 ego frame off e-bay and put a mpa-3 in it. Just have to shave it down like you do for a pneumag. I believe the o6 frames are a bit wider than the 05. Picked it up for $120 with maniac board. Should be done with most of the frame soon, and will put up some pics. I am gonna have a few surprises with this thing so am excited to get er done.

Really looking forward to seeing some pictures of that! I love the 06 frame the best, and the I'm curious to see what u can get out of that maniac board as it can be set above 15bps!! How sure are you that the 06 frame is wider? DO u think I can cram that sucker in an 05 or forget about it....

Really looking forward to seeing some pictures of that! I love the 06 frame the best, and the I'm curious to see what u can get out of that maniac board as it can be set above 15bps!! How sure are you that the 06 frame is wider? DO u think I can cram that sucker in an 05 or forget about it....
    I thought I had read that it was a bit wider, but can't find it now.

http://www.sakworldpaintball.com/ec06egostfr.html

It says its a wider frame, but....

I think they were talking about the trigger guard, the area around where ur fingers push on the trigger. In any case the mpa-3 isn't that expensive I think I'll give it a try anyway. I'm still very looking forward to some pictures and any insight as you go. Thanks!

edit:
    Just noticed the links he added on the first post, theres a link to another 05 ego mag, so it definitly looks possible.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...78#post2335978

Oh now I can't wait!! Thanks again for everyone sharing the information!
    Last edited by Nicholai; 04-01-2007 at 12:04 PM.

latches109 Guest
    Please post some pics when you guys are finished with your frame.

Also if you have any tricks or good tips lmk, the how to can always be improved.

i was wondering what psi would be appropiate for the lpr to spit out.

latches109 Guest
    i was wondering what psi would be appropiate for the lpr to spit out.
    what do you mean?

I think he's asking what PSI should the LPR be set at, I think this will depend on what Solenoid you use and how efficient your ram is. Solenoids are rated to set pressures so obviously you don't want to go over that amount, and until then you would probably just want to adjust the pressure until it shot the best. I'm sure someone more familiar with the mpa-3 and such could give u a range to work with. It's hard to say as most people don't have gauges on their lpr's, it would sure be nice to see a micro gauge that works with the small hose, would be very cool for the grips that have windows.....

ya thats exactly what i meant, thanks nicholai. im using the same smc noid that everyone else used and im also using the mpa-3. i ask because i was wondering if there are any preset lpr's or something of the sort i could pick up.

any new emaggo's? im waiting on my parts from airsoldier to start mine up. where can i find a 2 pin connector for the noid? ive tried looking for a timmy eye harness but no luck. any electronics stores?

go to www.akalmp.com and look under repairs. But if you are only going to get one thing I would either wait until you need more stuff from them, or combine your order with someone else's because I have heard the shipping is kinda high.

any new emaggo's? im waiting on my parts from airsoldier to start mine up. where can i find a 2 pin connector for the noid? ive tried looking for a timmy eye harness but no luck. any electronics stores?
    I was planning on looking at radio shack, not sure if they have them or not. Do a google for 2 pin connnector and you should come up with some stuff. Just waiting for funds to get my noid, every thing else is done. Did things a bit different than some here, will get pics up when she is complete.

latches109 Guest
    you can jerry rig one; try to solder the leads onto a two pin connector from frys or some electronic store like that. Crimping is the best, ie ensures a good electrical connection. Go to your LPS and see if they have any sort of two pin connector you can demolish.

does the solenoid you used have a 2 pin on it? because that was the one i bought, i was going to wait and see if it for some reason came with one lol. ill probably just end up getting one from aka's site because frye's is too far. maybe radioshack?

Where can u get just an EGO frame that you used Lache?

I got my own boards I wanted to try in a frame,... see if my kit will work as a drop in.

ebay is a great asset to tinkerers. even for tinkerers like me in my early stages.