Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To Put An Ego Frame On A Mag

latches109 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    Where can u get just an EGO frame that you used Lache?

I got my own boards I wanted to try in a frame,... see if my kit will work as a drop in.
    I bought mine from San Diego PEVS. Try searching on pbn, ebay and other pb sites.

latches109 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by olinar
    does the solenoid you used have a 2 pin on it? because that was the one i bought, i was going to wait and see if it for some reason came with one lol. ill probably just end up getting one from aka's site because frye's is too far. maybe radioshack?
    no I cut a timmy eye harness to get the 2 pin. Yes aka does look like the best. I paid $6 for the eye harness. post some pics when you are done.

definitely will end up picking one up from aka. only thing im waiting on are the parts from airsoldier. this thing should be great.

parts came in today and i had to find out the long way that the noid isnt 10/32 threaded lol. i want to order everything else from one site so i only pay one place but i was wondering if this would work to connect the noid to the board, connector .i also need a ult kit. so close yet so far lol, i hate not having local resources.

latches109 Guest
    parts came in today and i had to find out the long way that the noid isnt 10/32 threaded lol. i want to order everything else from one site so i only pay one place but i was wondering if this would work to connect the noid to the board, connector .i also need a ult kit. so close yet so far lol, i hate not having local resources.

**cough*PM3 = Body ported for m3 threads* **ahem**

I couldn't really see the end very well, I will look at a ion board and see. I would ~assume~ yes.

just took another look and they appear to be 3 pins. i guess ill have to but from multiple stores.

Good thing with getting the wrong ones is now you have more to work with.

I ordered a few of these as well as the M3s.

I ended up building a few kits with both barbs on 2 different noids

I need to get my noid, LPR, and tap a few holes to finish mine up. Oh yeah, get my flatline hydroed. Bad part is I work about 84 hours a week so find it hard to make the time to run around to do things. Oh well I will get er done at some point. Guess Ill bite the bullet tmr and go pick up a tap and die set and maybe drop my tank off to be hydroed. Can't wait to show off a few pics, like I keep saying, did things a little different than the others I've seen.

OK, It's mostly done, in case you missed it: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...37#post2340637
    Last edited by AirAssault; 04-09-2007 at 02:54 PM.
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

ok can somebody make a list of what parts we need? what ram is everyone using ? will a mpa3 work? I just got a sweet deal on an ego frame and I'm eager to get this made up.

Quote Originally Posted by havocx
    ok can somebody make a list of what parts we need? what ram is everyone using ? will a mpa3 work? I just got a sweet deal on an ego frame and I'm eager to get this made up.
    mpa-3 works fine. Just pick the noid that will work best for you and an LPR. Good luck.

latches109 Guest
    This is kind of a tailored project. The noid I listed does work and fits nicely within the grip, and I am sure there are other noids and rams that will work just as well. The specifications I would look for are, 5mm bore and larger, double acting, and a 5mm stroke. The larger the ram the more air you save. For this reason the mpa-3 is a better choice than my cylinder, but I did not have to shave the frame. Plan it out.
    Last edited by latches109; 08-30-2007 at 05:06 PM.

latches109 Guest
    so I made a new frame that didn't look so hacked up. I went to put the on off into my xvalve. ha ha I lost it. wtf. The thing disappeared into thin air. any way i'll post some new pics of my updated emaggo. but no video untill i can find my on/off.

i know this thread has been dead a while and i dont want to start a new one when this one works fine

first, what happens to the extra port on the solenoid,does air just vent on each cycle?

and could an intimidator frame and board work?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo4429
    i know this thread has been dead a while and i dont want to start a new one when this one works fine

first, what happens to the extra port on the solenoid,does air just vent on each cycle?

and could an intimidator frame and board work?
    I used the same noid in my egomag build and it does not vent. Im not sure what it's for, as far as I know it does nothing, at least in the egomag setup. Im not sure how the timmy noid works so not sure if it will or not. Have a good build.

i think it should because the original solenoids to the guns operate the same mechanism just is a different way, i looked at http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/animations.html and looked at the ego/ intimidator animations and form what i can tell it should work.
    any opinions?

What type of LPR do use ??

any will work, but the orracle tickler is the one most of us used.

very small and a great price. adjustable as well

latches109 Guest
    the third port on the solenoid is a gas vent.

Loguzzzzzz was using a reg from palmer's that looked like the best option. I will see if he can post some pictures of it.

I use an old autococker reg. It works just fine. I think palmer's pursuit shop makes the most consistent lpr though. Mine does creep down in pressure after 2000 rounds or so. I am going to pick up palmer's.

19. Quote Originally Posted by txaggie08
    then what actuator is it? I think most of us understand the basic principle, but are curious what parts your using.
    Well, it looks like one of these:

http://www.bimba.com/Products/FlatCy...CubeCylinders/

It's what I plan on using. I just bought a new 06 pe ego frame tonight.

latches109 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg00d

that should drop in nicely.

The mpa3 is an inexpensive option that works great. but you do need to mill the frame a little.

also look at festo.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg00d

That would be really slick, but the bore is a much smaller and the stroke is shorter than an MPA-3. Are you using a ULT?

Okay Guys;

For some strange reason I cant find the posts I made in either this Emaggo topic or Logzz,... so Im re-posting again.

I have an 05 Ego frame and I went to AKA to purchase the 2-pin CON for the noid.

The one everyone else is using does not seem to fit in my stock EGO board.

I did a little digging and found that the same connector for the E1/E2 fit this connector.

I dont have a picture of my board, but I do have a picture of a Xonic Cocker board (E1 nock off) that has the female side showing on 2 different angles.

I also have a picture of the noid with the connector I need as well.

If you cant see the port and want to super size the picture, click on it and save to your computer. You should be able to super size the image in the MS Image Viewer.

~ P8nt

so weather or not to do this to one of my mags has been bouncing around in my head latly, and i have a few questions.

1-anyone ever figure out what ram is to be used for this yet?

2-more of just my mind running, but if you can make an ego trigger frame/electronics work for a mag, and shocker owners can put an ego frame/elec. on there gun, then concivibly(sp?) if i wanted to i could use a shocker frame/electronics?
    aim-sok845

Quote Originally Posted by danoxide
    so weather or not to do this to one of my mags has been bouncing around in my head latly, and i have a few questions.

1-anyone ever figure out what ram is to be used for this yet?

2-more of just my mind running, but if you can make an ego trigger frame/electronics work for a mag, and shocker owners can put an ego frame/elec. on there gun, then concivibly(sp?) if i wanted to i could use a shocker frame/electronics?

Problem with the shocker is it uses 2 boards working as one.

One on the noid, one in the frame.

Probley can be done,... but with experience working with Angels old and new,.. and the fact of the shocker STILL using 26 gauge wire that loves to break easy when creating custom mod work,.... I would say its not a good idea as far as electronics go.

I found a connector that works with the stock EGO board I have.

The connector from the COPS/SENSI in an Angel IR3 is the correct one.

Looking at the ones I got from AKA,.. they are smaller in width, as well as the pins are closer together in the housing.

My frame is done. I have to see what the rails look like when they come back from Gruntball to see which one I am going to use. I have a Micro Mag body I sized it with to get the holes drilled. Once that is all set Im going to send my EGO frame and my IR3 frame out to anno to match everything up.

This frame took some planning and thinking to keep the install clean, but is by far the easiest mod to do. Now that I know how much to mill and where to place the insides,... I figure 4 hours tops to get it done.

Thanks Latches109!

~ P8nt

latches109 Guest
    P8nt - would like to see it when it's finished. just remember the ego boards output 6V where that noid pictured needs 9V.

danoxide - use an mpa3 or a small double acting ram from festo. yes you can use a shocker frame but not the noid since it is a 4 way manifold mount where you would need a 3 way body ported for the mod. I would imagine the shocker board would work...not sure how you would get around the harness.

The noid with the 3-barbs on it that people have switched to has a coil voltage of 5vdc.

The noid in the picture thats a "pancake" is only for the connector reference (see little red circle)

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by latches109
    P8nt - would like to see it when it's finished. just remember the ego boards output 6V where that noid pictured needs 9V.

latches109 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    The noid with the 3-barbs on it that people have switched to has a coil voltage of 5vdc.

The noid in the picture thats a "pancake" is only for the connector reference (see little red circle)

~ P8nt
    oh ic

this seems to be the place to ask, so...
    i wish to make the happiness that is the egomag, but, i have my eyes on a certain frame. do any of you know or think that the E-Tek STARS frame will be a good choice? it states that it is compatible with all ego versions, so the re-drilling of the attachment holes should be the only thing to do, right? also, it dosent look to have anything pneumatic going on, is it fully electronic?? and it seems i am going to be needing a new noid, which are the best choices and WTB??
    any answer would be nice, thank you.

gee my friend has a ego frame for sale its one of those special aftermarket ones to :P https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225725