Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Emag Contest FINAL RUN OFF!!

I just wanted you all to know that the idea for showing off as much as the valve as possible in the second 'hot off the mill body design' came from Synreals competition entry.

You see we are trying to put these ideas into practice!

manike

aw, i feel all warm and tiggly inside

I think both parties did a good job and I dont want to come off as nocking their work. BUT, I was expecting NEW designs not doctored up photo's of emags with some custom milling. In my opinion neither of these entries represent much of a step foreward in design. Perhaps I misunderstood the object of the contest but I thought AGD was looking for design innovations. Anyway, I am glad that the company is having contests and I congradulate the winners-to-be..

hexis correct me if i am wrong here, but i personally tried to create a design that was different enough to be distinctive, but could still be created using existing components.

my goal was to create something unique that could be prototyped with relative ease and without having to start from scratch on an already excellent platform. i strived for something that could be on the shelves in a matter of months, rather than years.

PRO_Ski101 Guest
    Does AGD have a plan for making the winning Fantasy E-mag or was this just to see what we would like the e-mag to look like??Also,i was suprised that NEITHER of them had Z-Grips.Thats the one thing i'm waiting till AGD comes out with untill i buy me an E-mag.UNLESS they decide to NEVER make them with um.

Part of my design goal was to make something that was 100% compatible with current parts. Mine is completely based on the current valve and grip. You would need a very small part (basically a sleeve around the power chamber) to make synreal's also 100% compatible with current valves.

My design goal was to make my dream e-mag. Mine is pretty much exactly what you see. I like clean lines. I like simple parts. The only part of my design that I added for others was the sight rail. I don't think a sight or sight rail has any place on a paintball marker.

I also based part of my design on AGD's statement somewhere that a Z-Grip E-Mag wasn't really possible. That's why I didn't include a Z-Grip version.

Thought of something else, I think the reason you didn't see way far out ideas was because there was a very nice prize and it was decided by a popular vote. I know I have some wacked out ideas that I didn't enter because they would have gotten about 3 votes. After all is said and done I will post pics of those ideas as well.

Tom, you are killing us here

I like them both, but I gotta go with Hexis's. I love the color schemes that come with his and the angled foregrip.It resembles the black magic cocker.
    "Men think they think upon great politcal questions, and they do; but they think with their party, not independently; they read its literature, but not that of the other side; they arrive at convictions, but they are drawn from a partial view of the matter in hand and are of no particular value. They swarm with their party, they feel with their party, they are happy in their party's approval; and where the party leads they will follow, whether for right and honor, or through blood and dirt and a mush of mutilated morals."
    ~Mark Twain

are the polls closed and votes being tallied?

Congratulations to the winner Synreal and a very well done to Hexis the runner up.

manike

agdjon Guest

Sorry I could not make it guys

Hey Everybody :-)

Sorry I could not make it in last night. Got stuck in school until 10:00 and didn't get home until 10:30. By that time I wanted to get to bed. I really apologize for not being able to make it. Wanted to be there for the congrats :-) Hopefully everyone had fun last night!

Talk to you all soon

PRO_Ski101 Guest
    Hey, which one won??the one with the tilted for-grip or the one with the shortened for-grip??

The one with the shortened foregrip that looked more like a milled Extreme.

manike

PRO_Ski101 Guest
    KEWL,that was the one i voted 4.BUT I HAVE TO SAY.they both looked GREAT.