Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Emaggo..........Thanks for the great idea latches109

My Emaggo..........Thanks for the great idea latches109

Here's to lateches109 for the great idea and the information thread in "The Workshop"

As requested, here are the pictures of My Emaggo. I used an '05 Ego frame, Clippard MPA-3 actuator and a SMC SY113A-SG-PM3 solenoid. The complete conversion took about 4 hours. I was amazed how easy it was.

It shoots great. I was able to hit the 15 bps cap. Very pleased with the overall package!

I hope to get some videos up very soon. I will try and shoot the video tomorrow.

Here are the pictures:

Not so crazy about how the back hangs off there, but hey, it works, congrats man.

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    Not so crazy about how the back hangs off there, but hey, it works, congrats man.
    Yeah, I know. I was thinking of either milling it off or making it into a snatch grip with a hook.

Thanks!

im about to buy the parts i need to complete my frame. ill take some pics when im done as well, nice job man.

latches109 Guest
    Very Well Done!!!! Any problems? If you PM me your version of a how to, I will add it to the how to thread.

Pretty cool. Nice job as always.

This thread reminds me though... that z-grip pneumag you made with the xmag body, did it ever get anodized? That thing was awesome!

how did u mod the mpa3 to the frame

Just a word of advise, you might want to make sure that back screw is a stainless steel one.

Quote Originally Posted by wjr
    Pretty cool. Nice job as always.

This thread reminds me though... that z-grip pneumag you made with the xmag body, did it ever get anodized? That thing was awesome!
    Thanks!

It has been shipped to Gruntbull. I hope to have it back in a month.

Can't wait to see it finished!

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Just a word of advise, you might want to make sure that back screw is a stainless steel one.
    OK, I will change that out today.....Thanks! Can you tell me why though?

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky
    how did u mod the mpa3 to the frame
    There is a small lip on the frame, inside where I placed the MPA-3. I "Dremel'd the lip flush with the rest of the frame and then I filed a flat surface on each side of the MPA-3 approximately 1/4" wide. Then I drilled and tapped a hole on the on the back of the MPA-3 for a bottom inlet. I believe that this was not necessary though, just a preference.

All in all, that was the most time consuming part of the entire project but it really did not take very long at all

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    OK, I will change that out today.....Thanks! Can you tell me why though?

The reason is that the repeated action of the bolt will slowly work the aluminum screw into breaking off flush with the valve. SS is strong enough to handle the stress w/o fracturing.

Quote Originally Posted by punkncat
    The reason is that the repeated action of the bolt will slowly work the aluminum screw into breaking off flush with the valve. SS is strong enough to handle the stress w/o fracturing.
    You know, now that you mention it, I have heard that before. The bolt I used is a grade 5 socket head cap screw. I thought this screw would be strong enough but I think to be safe I will change it out.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for the pictures, I am really looking forward to doing this on my mag. So what's your opinion on how functional it is? Do you notice anything you wish was better with the setup or does it work like a dream.

I'm so excited to try this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai
    Thank you so much for the pictures, I am really looking forward to doing this on my mag. So what's your opinion on how functional it is? Do you notice anything you wish was better with the setup or does it work like a dream.

I'm so excited to try this!!
    So far everything works like a dream, the LPR is barely turned it and I have dry fired it to the 15 bps cap. I will put some paint through it today and hopefully get some video up to show how it works. The only thing you have to remember to do is to turn off the eyes or you get a 10 bps cap other then that it was a seemless conversion.

The beauty of this is I bought the '05 Ego frame on eBay for $56, the solenoid was $40 and the MPA-3 was $11 from www.airsoldier.com , I got the lpr on eBay for $25. so the total conversion was less then $150, plus my labor.

You can find brand new '06 Ego frames on eBay starting at $125, this would bring the total cost of parts to $200 +/-. The '06 has rampimg software too, I believe.

Bolt changed to stainless steel. Now the conversion is complete!

Thanks again for the suggestion

Gonna ACE it?????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Gonna ACE it?????????????????
    I am not sure right now. The x valve has a level10 bolt so I don't think it will need it but you never know!

I got my 06 frame in the same dust red for $125 off e-bay. I am still getting my stuff together to be able to complete my project but am well on the way. Will get some pics up when I get a chance. Nice conversion, thanks latches for leading the way.
    Last edited by AirAssault; 04-01-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

haha want to feel bad mine was 35 and 15 for the board hahaha u feel bad hahaha

FEEDBACKS: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1586606
    ewww that thing is ugly

so john... when are you going to donate me that dallara body?

my dust black frame was $64.80 with a board and drop.

hey loguz, could you perhaps PM me with more detailed instructions on the installation and wiring of the noid? I checked out the thread in the workshop, but it wasn't real clear... Being new to this stuff, and a visual learner, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky
    haha want to feel bad mine was 35 and 15 for the board hahaha u feel bad hahaha
    No not really. However if it makes you feel better, Sure I'm about to go hang myself.

Ok I think I hear your mommy calling you, better get off her computer.

latches109 Guest
    ever take any video of it?

Not yet.

I am actually in the process of building a second one right now. The ram and solenoid should be here any day now from Airsoldier. I have a couple of custom pieces I want Luke to machine (for aesthetics) and then it will be done. Then maybe some anodizing. I just hate the wait.

Maybe I can shoot the video of both at the same time.

I have a digital video camera but not the means to download and edit. As soon as I have the program or find a friend to do it for me I will get this done.

I will do this very soon though because I have a couple of videos to shoot.

My son took it out today to play I am waiting for him to get home to see how it performed.

I have just been so busy I haven't had a chance to go to the field and play.

I am planning to bring all of my guns to the Nor*Cal vs SoCal event in 2 weeks though.

latches109 Guest
    I was thinking of making another one and putting that frame back on my shocker. I will hopefully be at norcal vs. socal.

WHAT type of rail you using??

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemag321
    WHAT type of rail you using??
    I used a RPG Shadow on one and an RPG Splinter on the other one. RT Pro rail or an Emag rail can work but I recommend that the be ULEd with a foregrip mounting slot in it. That is why I like to use the RPG rails, they all come that way.

shot one of loguzzzzz's few emaggo's and I was speechless. Very very smooth. And I was very very jealous. Nice work!