Thread: Is it normal to go through lvl 10 bumpers so quick?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is it normal to go through lvl 10 bumpers so quick?

I literally installed one a week and a half ago, and after 2 days of play its starting to get ripped.. and its an odd rip too. The lvl 10 bumper is a washer shaped piece of rubbery material. And the rip is actually a fraction of a mm inside the inner diameter, if you get what I mean. What could cause this? Is this normal?

I oil the hell out of my X valve so unless tossing oil in the ASA and a little bit of oil on the powertube for the lvl 10 bolt is not the correct places to oil this thing, I dont know whats wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

what color is the bumper?

Yes, they're prone to getting chewed up pretty fast.

Options have been discussed...

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212060

Hey iv got a tac one and in 8 cases of paint, my bumper is shot to *POOF* still works though . i just ordered 8 of them for the future with an xvalve repairkit wich comes with 2 more, now i dont have to worry
    Last edited by AO Moderation Team; 04-06-2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: NO SWEARING

Now I thought the x-valve repair kit came with 2... it actually only comes with 1.

can I use a lvl 7 on an x-valve?

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    Now I thought the x-valve repair kit came with 2... it actually only comes with 1.

can I use a lvl 7 on an x-valve?
    What's the difference between the blue classic bumpers and the x/rt-valve bumpers? They have different properties, but are the same material. Are they different thickness, or do they have a different "impact absorption" property?

Yes, you can use a L7 on an X-Valve, you will lose the "anti-chop" feature. I believe you might need to change the powertube spacer to go with the Level 7 bolt and the level 7 powertube tip as well.
    Last edited by JRingold; 04-06-2007 at 10:07 AM.
    I went like this
    He went like this then like this then like this
    Now he shoots a Mag too...

-JR