Thread: Yet another EgoMag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yet another EgoMag

Update as of 6/12/07 This thing is done!! Need to do some testing with a valve but it jams without one! Will get that done soon. Video in a few days I hope.

I bit the bullet and finished up the major part of the job today. After working all night I decided to go ahead and do some work on her. I still need to set the mpa-3 in with set screws and get my noid and LPR but that is all little stuff. As you can see from the pics I butchered it with the dremel on the inside and accidentally nicked the outside which should sand down ok. I did it most of the way with a drill bit, but then decided my bur bit would be better The red just doesn't go with the green so was planning on re-anoing the thing anyway. As you may see from the pics, I did things a bit different.

Instead of drilling through the frame like most have, I decided to mill (if you can call it that ) out the inside front so I could put a screw in to hold the body on. The Ego frame already had a slot in the back for the shortened valve screw which is what really gave me the idea.

I then drilled and tapped (not centered but what do you expect, I’ve been up 36 hours ) the rail for screws to hold the frame on. I think this gives it a cleaner look and there are no screws poking your hand. Though the holes are not perfectly inline, I think the final product came out ok. I have another rail that I will prob tap and make em centred. Morale of the story, dont work when your dead tired lol.

Last edited by AirAssault; 06-12-2007 at 04:20 AM.
    Due to the objections of a certain Canadian, this space is now for rent.

looks good ....you said the red doesn't go good with the green, but you could always do a christmas mag add some white and you'll be set

nice, got to see one in person, very cool mod!

did you use the stock mounting holes? pretty cool idea, definitely makes for a much cleaner look. is the noid not in there?

latches109 Guest
    still not as haggard as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by olinar
    did you use the stock mounting holes? pretty cool idea, definitely makes for a much cleaner look. is the noid not in there?

No noid yet, haven't ordered one yet. The stock mounting holes were used for the body and the valve. I then tapped 2 holes for the grip frame. If you click on a pic you can check them all out. I do have some close ups of the process.
    Last edited by AirAssault; 04-10-2007 at 01:08 AM.

i see, id bet its a pain striping that down as you now have to take off the frame to pull out the valve but it seems to me its a small price you have to pay to have a cleaner install

i see, id bet its a pain striping that down as you now have to take off the frame to pull out the valve but it seems to me its a small price you have to pay to have a cleaner install