Thread: So i did some ULE milling...

So i did some ULE milling...

Well, i work as a CNC miller, so this is easy:

Had to work overtime today, and most of the time i would be sitting on my butt anyways, waiting for the machine to do its job. So why not slam a Tac-one rail onto a CNC milling centre and have some fun?

It came out good, but not perfect. Did not have the time for that. But it looks ok tho...

Very cool!

You should weigh the rail before/after to see how much weight you actually took off.

Of course, you would need another rail to practice on.

It's for my pneu-tac, and it is functionally ok. But as a proffesional, if i had more time i would mill it in a better way. Unfortunatly i didnt have the time and i didnt measure the weight, but i did notice the difference in weight when i pulled it off the machine.

This is a action pic, if you could call it that...

you can take more weight off by milling off the sear walls. most of RogueFactors newer rails have it milled off.

pretty good job looks real clean.....
    i wish i had a job where i gould tinker w/ mag parts

Quote Originally Posted by olinar
    you can take more weight off by milling off the sear walls. most of RogueFactors newer rails have it milled off.
    Thanks! I was unsure if this would affect sear play in a negative way, so i left them intact. Maybe i'll mill those the next time. I forgot to mill a groove for my pneumag hose, so the rail will see some milling time again.

Sweet man. How I wish I could have your job. I have a mill of my own but its manual (Harbor Fright Mini Mill). No CNC on that thing yet. BTW very nice job on the rail. I've never seen something as nice as that before.

-Jack

After I saw your post I told myself I had to try and do one.

Not as good as yours but its a start. I took it from 4.70oz. to 3.20oz. I can feel the difference with just removing 1.5 ounces. I am trying to see how light I can make it.

[IMG][/IMG]

That looks very nice and light! And it is as good as mine, mine isnt perfect either, but it doesnt matter because nobody will ever see this when the gun is assembled. That's a classic/minimag rail right?