Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11" Crown Point Barrels BUY ONE NOW!!!

Bore size matters. If you have a small bore barrel and shoot medium paint you will break paint like mad.

Is there any science or comparison studies to back up the claims of this barrel manufacturer?

tooslow: I was just saying that shartley posted earlier and it was deleted. After I noticed that he had posted again (while I was working on mine) I edited it to omit the line that said he didn't end up posting at all.
    Potatoboy!

Originally posted by Toxic Dave
    Thordic, I was selling overstock for a local store last year on ebay and was getting around 20 bux for crown points, there is a market for them obviously, and they do look pretty cool, but come on a superiour barrel? insanity.

Butter,

what's your beef with Smart parts? they've got one of the best markers available right now, the impulse it shoots awesome, and at half the price of it's comp. Their customer service is much better than it ever has been.

dave

Oh I have no problem with thier products, I belive the max flow is the best regulator out there, the impulse is one of the best bang for the buck markers, and the freak is really innovative. But ONLY because I have tried them. My beef isn't with thier products it's with thier marketing. I hate LIARS. Please, turbulance, spiral porting increasng range and accuracy come now!?!?! We all know that is physycally impossible. I guess you can say my pet peve is people who decieve people for thier own gain. I hate explaining to people over and over again that smart parts marketing is nothing more than a set of carefully crafted lies. It really turns me off... If they didnt lie so much maybe I would have an impulse with a max flow right now.
    Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags

Butterfingers, have you seen the new DYE catalogue? It states very plainly that porting has nothing to do with accuracy Nice to see them being honest. They are also a few snide shots at Smarts Parts in there...

manike

If we are referring to firearms, then isn't closed bolt more accurate? lol

I had a crown point, shot...well...like crap.
    I like potatoes

My kid used to have one of those toys where you point the arrow at a barnyard animal, and then pull the string. The arrow spins around and says something like, "The cow goes, MOOOOOOOO!"

I think Tom pointed the arrow at "Sheep", and pulled your string.

Originally posted by manike
    Butterfingers, have you seen the new DYE catalogue? It states very plainly that porting has nothing to do with accuracy Nice to see them being honest. They are also a few snide shots at Smarts Parts in there...

manike
    I didnt yet, im gonna have to pick one up. But, Im glad to see companies are coming clean.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by vf-xx
    Neither is shooting small bore paint out of a large bore barrel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

originally posted by manike
    Really? Mine works great (ask Jonneh hehehe) apart from when the occasional ball rolls out. That I hate!

manike
    Based on my experience with PPS markers(Typhoons, Nasty Typhoon, Blazers, and an upgraded PGP) I'm going to have to agree with manike here. I've found that then will shoot anything well. Why? I don't know, but the barrels work. The bore is so big on their markers that you can shoot soup cans out of them!(Well almost at least. )
    2003 SuperBowl Champions!, THE New England Patriots!

He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.
    My Feedback

Butter,

I can see why'd you be turned off by that, their newer ads etc seem to be trying to shy away from that whole scene, but I guess I understand. The new dye catalogue is very nice, and there is some funny stuff in there. I like to see that paintball companies are puttting some money behind actual professional looking marketing, maybe the industry is getting somewhere.

dave

Originally posted by Ityl
    If we are referring to firearms, then isn't closed bolt more accurate? lol
    I know your joking but I've fired the M-16(closed bolt) and M-249 SAW(open bolt) and the only limiting factor with the Saw's accuracy is the lack of good sites. It will put rounds where you want them, assuming it has been well maintained of course.

DYE's marketing is fantastic. Apparently they just picked up the photographer from JT (I met him at the cup as we were going through the catalogue). And that guy is talented, probably the best photographer in paintball (after Dawn Mills hehehe).

manike

Originally posted by AGD
    The people with the puny brains literally can’t see past the end of their barrels! It’s like having wheels without tires, milkshakes without whip cream, and women without lingerie. Sure they work without them BUT WAY BETTER with them!!

I found this part very funny.

Tom if you are serious about this have you looked at Crossfire's Ramrod Barrel. It takes your ideas to the extreme.

Originally posted by Temo Vryce
    Tom if you are serious about this have you looked at Crossfire's Ramrod Barrel. It takes your ideas to the extreme.
    Give me an "L" ..........."L"
    Give me an "O" ..........."O"
    Give me a "U" ..........."U"
    Give me a "D" ..........."D"

What's it spell? Ramrod!
    Louder! .............RAMROD!

Yahoo! Alright! Yippee! Here we go EARPLUGS...Here we go! boom boom

<---Should be banned for circumventing the cuss filter.

Originally posted by Thordic
    If he had just posted "Check the store for crown points, now on sale" I woulda bought one too
    For $20, so would I (and I did).

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Originally posted by Thordic
    ... I use my 8" MM stock barrel very often, and REALLY like the performance. It shoots just as well as my 14" SP AA barrel.
    I want one of those also, to carry on the field so I can swap barrels instead of squeegeeing. Three of my friends have mini mags and no one will give up their barrel. They shoot well, they are just a tad loud.

Originally posted by headcase
    Based on my experience with PPS markers(Typhoons, Nasty Typhoon, Blazers, and an upgraded PGP) I'm going to have to agree with manike here. I've found that then will shoot anything well. Why? I don't know, but the barrels work. The bore is so big on their markers that you can shoot soup cans out of them!(Well almost at least. ) [/B]
    My stroker (it is an annihilator conversion) shoots anything, and it is very accurate. Has a smaller barrel than my smart part progressive, by buddies dye something or other and the stock mini mag barrel.

Originally posted by hitech
    I want one of those also, to carry on the field so I can swap barrels instead of squeegeeing.
    This is not usually allowed because swapping your barrel can and will change the velocity. This may take it over the allowed limit. Check with your field first before trying this. They may throw you off for cheating if it is not allowed. It is NEVER allowed in tournies.

manike

This is not usually allowed because swapping your barrel can and will change the velocity. This may take it over the allowed limit. Check with your field first before trying this. They may throw you off for cheating if it is not allowed. It is NEVER allowed in tournies.

manike
    Technically, if its the same barrel, would it matter?

I know the rule, but it brings up an interesting idea.

Yes it would. A barrel that looks the same will not necessarily fire at the same velocity. It may have a larger or smaller bore which can affect velocity.

Everywhere I have ever known does not allow you to do it. I guess anywhere that allows you to carry multiple guns would let you do it (big games, scenarios etc.), but you would need to chrono your gun with both barrels and have it set to a velocity with the fastest one... It would never be ok under any circumstances in a tourny.

manike

This is not usually allowed...Check with your field first before trying this. They may throw you off for cheating if it is not allowed. It is NEVER allowed in tournies.
    manike
    My field allows it. And yes, you need to chrono both. And you are correct, it isn't allowed in tournies. By buddy tried for years to change Jim Lively's mind on that one. After all, how long does it take to chrono two "quick release" barrels?

Nice Hat Tom!!!

Tom, you finally got a marketing hat, and just in time for the California tour!!! That is good news indeed, you should wear it more often!!!
    E-Mag's on a diet
    Stay tuned for Pics!!!
    Centerflag 201 series 68/45

Originally posted by tooslow
    mrhooie: http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl...ID=154&CATID=5

If you really want one, they are for sale on the AGD store... if you really want one....
    It's amazing what you can find when you read a whole thread

manike

If Tom comes out and says "this shoots better, and it costs $20", I'm halfway to buying it. If Tom comes out and says "this shoots better and I'll show you the evidence, and it costs $20" I'll buy two. Quick test please - or show previously garnered results. Or at least tell me you have scientific evidence from a barrel Vs. barrel test. Please. At $20 I want to beleive you.
    AKA Viking #393
    AGD RT Pro #948

MACHINE & R-I-T BLACK

Plymouth Paintball Supply
    508-732-7202

Thumbs down

What 'ta...

Tom, that was the most insulting post I've read in a quite a while, maybe EVER. Take that Crown Point and...

I hope this is a joke

everyones in an uproar

I think Tom is such a neat guy this is to funny. Although he might be serious. Think about it why else would he ship tapered barrells with crown point tips on RT Pro's and E-mag's. I've heard these were good all around barrells. Maybe a little loud, but for $20 how can you go wrong. $20 out of your pocket and the added support for AGD, and the barrell for you so you can see for yourself. Excellent Marketing Technique, I'd like to know how many he has sold already.

z-zero
    This is an AGD forum, show some respect.

I'm so confused
    me

"You can only hide your lack of game with your Rate of Fire for so long." - RobAGD

See I look at this like som of the others. Its only 20 dollars. If the barrel isn't what I expected it will be on the for sale block or put in the "box o' stuff" in my basement. If TK has gone insane or being held hostage by evil elves, I figure I can give it a try.

Darren
    My drinking team has a paintball problem.
    My Feedback

can this also be said bout the crownpoints for e-mags and RT's? or are they different.. i'm confused too, at first i thought it was all about bore sizes,
    Red 2k1 C&C LCD
    45/4.5k Pure Energy
    Skill to bunker you .
    A.K.A. PaintBallin on PBcity Forums
    referral another referral

whether serious or not, me thinks mr tom spent a bit too much time huffing glue this morning.

btw, am i mistaken or is it possible to combat the "airflow reversal gremlins" by yoddeling REALLY loud and offering sacrifices of diet sodas and cheese logs?

BFL? Hmmm. Big funny Liars?