Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11" Crown Point Barrels BUY ONE NOW!!!

Will it fit a Centerfeed or would I have to call to get one made to fit.
    Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off of your Objective.

WOW not too bad only $20. I will be jumping on the band wagon and becoming deeper under the influence of AGD.

Darren

Tom,

This is a joke right? Some sort of test to see if we'll buy what you say? To see if you're surrounded by yes men/women? If we're ready to be your foot-soldiers and finish your plans of world domination?

I'll give you the first point, about the crown point easing the trasition into still air.

The second part about the BORE SIZE not important before the end, however, I'll diagree with. Wasn't the point behind BORE SIZE, the consistancy of the air "seal" the whole length of the barrel? Allowing the propellent to be used in a more predictable manner? Wasn't "accuracy" really a result for Consistantcy...?
    Shaun Nelson --- old, fat, slow.... did I mention lazy? I ate all the pies
    I disable .signatures Apparently you do not.

Tom - Is it at least .689? I understand what you mean with the bore size, but my crown point barrel I've got now I can't get a paintball down, its the smallest bore I've ever seen, are these ones larger?

Actually there are (real) firearms that have a bore that gets smaller from chamber to muzzle...
    black Xtreme Emag
    LVL 10 inside, warp feed left setup
    green warp feed and green 12V Revvy with X-board (melted for warp hose)
    14" Freak kit
    Triggernomics blade trigger
    AGD flatline 4.5k 68cui with green tank cover
    green LED Display (thanks Have Blue)
    clear grips with custom sledgehammer logo (made by Load SM5)

to do list:

- Get Triggernomics custom milling
    - Get Custom Anno

I have a real good idea what BFL stands for. Dont forget to send 3 barrel o rings with that. Two to hold the nubbin in and one to put over the "NASA Duct" to stop that damn ringing. The first time I used that barrel, I thought I had drank too much the night before. When Tom puts that hat on, it must make him look like a sheperd. The sheep in here will follow blindly I'm so glad that tom wasnt wearing a hat at the tech conference in DC when he discussed the crown point.

Tremis
    " Free thinkers are dangerous"

www.tremis.us

Dude, I'm so retro..I still USE my Crown Point! I got it in 1991. I RULE! By the way...I think Tom needs to sleep.

**Puts nose in the air and inhales deeply**

Is this HYPE I smell?????

Tom comes out with these posts and now EVERYONE wants a crown point. Where were you guys before?

Only, it's like true hype...not just a fairy tale. Cause he has the data and tests (I hope) to back up his claims.

Tom....this is how fortunes are made in this industry...

Gotta get me one of these.
    <---Should be banned for circumventing the cuss filter.

Ok... rest easy guys. We have succeeded in penetrating the dyno room and are close to having him sedated. Then we plan to whisk him off to the Betty Ford Clinic for some much needed rest.

Hey Tom, is there an over stock of Crown Points in the warehouse?

And Tom I know you were referring to me here: "Mr Sad-and-Pathetic". I represent that remark!

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Originally posted by beam
    **Puts nose in the air and inhales deeply**

Is this HYPE I smell?????
    No... that's not HYPE...

Originally posted by MajorDamage
    Tom, I love this new hat, you sound either drunk
    Tom doesn't drink alchohol... at least he didn't used to and I doubt he has started. I'd say he just had enough of people asking him why he doesn't make barrels. His opinions on the subject of barrels are very strong. As you can see...

manike

Tom no offense....

But you are scaring me...

Ive always been a fan of AGD's honest to goodness modestness and honesty. This is a complete flip around. I hope we didnt drive you insane. Highfalutin marketing reminds me of those Richard Simmons informercials and tends to turn some people off and makes people a bit skeptical.

I am in no way chalanging your results as you have more expereince than I ever will. But we have to be careful about how much we "butter" our claims as when people find discrepencies in those claims or if your barrel dosen't perform to expectation AGD will loose credibility. I mean we are making some revolutionary claims and history dictates that sudden change often preceeds conflict. Perhaps it would be better to ease the theory into market making gradual transition.

Remember honest to goodness honesty and modesty will bring you the respect of many. So far AGD has NEVER been wrong and you have won the respect of many because of it. Just look at the strength of your customer base.

Well, what I am saying is to not stoop down to the level of Smart Parts. They have diminished their credibility to nil in my book. Where everything SP says is worth less than a bucket of whale sh..

WOW what a post to wake up to!
    Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags

i'm definitely going with bofh on this one. i think he's just testing us or he has to many and wants to get rid of them. i did a post on this a while ago. saying how if he just came out and said one thing, everyone would follow. don't really have the will power to find it, but this was a perfect example. i'll have to con my friend to giving me his for 5 bucks. i want to see for myself if this is true or not.
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...light=feedback

My girlfriend said that if i bought another paintball gun, she'd leave me........ I sure am going to miss her.

don't forget the neato tuning fork noise the barrel makes after you shoot paint through it
    Gecko
    Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff

Somewhere, methinks, Tom is laughing manically...

You know - from someone who's always been a straight shooter - (pardon the pun) to come out with something like this, it has to be some kind of test..

If it did prove true - when has AGD ever come across like this?

There's method behind the madness, and only AGD himself knows what that is......

I'm a big fan of I'll believe it when I see it. So if they do come up for sale - i'll bring one in and test it out

mrhooie: http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl...ID=154&CATID=5

If you really want one, they are for sale on the AGD store... if you really want one....

Thanks for looking our for me tooslow

guess I buy online now before my AGD Dealer application gets processed

mrhooie

I think Im getting one for my birthday

I'm amazed at the fact that great deal of people on this board will follow the word of tom Kaye like it's gospel. Blindly following at his every thought. Guess what he knows tons of stuff and has the knowledge and equipment to back up his theory's but he ain't god.
    The Crown point barrel the best possible barrel???!!! you're insane! Wouldn't a series of holes along the front section of a barrel be just as effective in slowly introducing the ball into the cold harsh world? Gee it works pretty good doesn't it? wow it's quiet too.
    As for bore size not mattering, you try to jam a .690 ball through a .684 barrel. I guess you would just blame the paint manufacturers or the barrel manufacturers anyway.

dave

Dave -

First off, for $20, you can't go wrong.

Secondly, who knows, Tom might just be testing to see who will listen to him like that.

Third, I use my 8" MM stock barrel very often, and REALLY like the performance. It shoots just as well as my 14" SP AA barrel. So, given that I am impressed with AGD's barrels already, why not give another one a shot, especially for only $20? If they were $50, I would have passed.

I do think a bunch of people here are just going on faith and not experience, though, possibly.

Also, you can take in the fact that these original Crown Points are a piece of Automag history I'd probably buy one for $20 even they shot like crap just to own one.

shartley Guest
    I can’t believe this…..

Look there is only two things this can be…

1) Joke
    And that would not be a good thing to do following so close to the super bolt thing. Sorry, bad mistake.

2) Insanity.
    Tom needs a serious vacation. Even more so since he is going against things he has TOLD other people, and has posted on his site.

This Worship stuff has gone to the point of being sad. I am glad that I did not post my HUGE post shooting all this down (that I wrote at 6 this morning) because I would have been lynched by more than a few. But I think this has gone far enough.. even if it was a joke (which I hope it is, since although a bad move is better than if he is serious).

Tom.. I see you reading this.. will you please end this one way or the other?

Actually looking back at Tom's first post, the transfer boundry stuff he's talking about is bunk...

The paintball is already hitting still air, at nearly 200mph even in the barrel... the rock in the water idea only applies for density medium changes.

But he did made it sound pretty believable

Thordic, I was selling overstock for a local store last year on ebay and was getting around 20 bux for crown points, there is a market for them obviously, and they do look pretty cool, but come on a superiour barrel? insanity.

Butter,

what's your beef with Smart parts? they've got one of the best markers available right now, the impulse it shoots awesome, and at half the price of it's comp. Their customer service is much better than it ever has been.

dave

And in the time it took me to write that, three people post like comments.

I'll probally buy one anyway, I've always liked the way it looked, and I think it used to cost closer to $40... it'll go on the stock barrel pile..

Look at what I pulled out of my cache...

Last edited by Potatoboy; 01-10-2002 at 11:23 AM.
    Potatoboy!

Originally posted by Toxic Dave
    Thordic, I was selling overstock for a local store last year on ebay and was getting around 20 bux for crown points, there is a market for them obviously, and they do look pretty cool, but come on a superiour barrel? insanity.
    I never claimed they were the best barrel. I'm buying one because A) I like AGD barrels (I never said they were they best, just that I liked them) B) Because the price and C) because of the fact its almost a collectors piece.

Thats all. Tom's post may be a little over the top, but I did enjoy reading it. If he had just posted "Check the store for crown points, now on sale" I woulda bought one too

I feel jypped. I never did get my question answered.

I've tried shooting large bore paint out of a small bore barrel. That's no good. Neither is shooting small bore paint out of a large bore barrel (flatline and zbody excluded).

Oh well I think i'll just stick with what I got.

Potatoboy: Look 4 posts above your post.... you will see SHartley post that replaced the post so you proudly display.... Where are trying to go with this?

I'm not sure how to respond to this because you keep editing the content of your post....

Originally posted by vf-xx
    Neither is shooting small bore paint out of a large bore barrel
    Really? Mine works great (ask Jonneh hehehe) apart from when the occasional ball rolls out. That I hate!

manike