Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 2446

Thread: G-Force to release pneumatic frames for the Mags

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    182
    Longi,

    The Classic valve will work fine but if your fingers can walk fast, the Classic will drop off. Then we will see people upgrading like mad to the X Valve.

    Garf


    Quote Originally Posted by longi
    Question, will you be to use either the Classic valve or the RT/X-vlave? As the Classic works at a slightly higher pressure? If so, would the LPR be a preset reg, or say a 2 position reg as an example? (I'm probably getting way a head of myself here!)

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    182
    Accident,

    The frames will be commerically manufactured to allow all components to bolt into it only one way. This makes for easier assembly and servicing.

    The LPR and actuator cylinder will be custom made by us and bolts into the frame. Currently LPRs that are being used float around in frame cavity because it was never made for it.

    The frames will be sold either with an LPR pre-installed in the frame or without for those that want to use an external on the ASA (and can be added later).

    Our frames work like the ones that are being custom modified for you right now. The only difference is our frames will be commercially produced and both the LPR and actuator cylinder and other components will be custom made to fit like a glove into it.

    Garf


    Quote Originally Posted by Accident
    just out of curiousity, when will you release details on how exactly your frame works? will it use the same basic principle many a DIY'er has been running on? (three way and a spring return actuator) or are you going to hold off on posting technical details until the first run starts to ship?

    and are you planing on using another companies lpr standard when mounted internaly? or are you going to use your own model? (just wondering if there will be a place to stuff a scm3 in the frame)

    p.s. Thanks!
    Last edited by G-Force Tech; 09-03-2007 at 10:54 PM.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    4,017
    i shot the 68super @ IAO back in 04. it works. they had a booth next to the FBM guys where crazy was doing the lasering on site.


    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force Tech
    Our 68Super prototype was debuted at IAO many years ago. It was a double tube pneumatic marker. The videos show the 68Super shooting and the integrated body pneumatics. There was shootdown during the video which was from the air chamber not recharging fast enough.

    http://media.putfile.com/G-Force-68S...06-Internals-2

    http://media.putfile.com/G-Force-68Super-2006-Demo-6

    The 68Super has since been redesigned as the S1 with a single tube but we decided not to release it.

    As to specs, the trigger pull will be the same as the one you see in the video. We had another video show the trigger being actuated by a drinking straw.

    Our company also made upgrades for the Autocockers and Matrix in the past.

    We are not about to go to production for a pneumatic Mag frame not knowing if the Mag owners would even consider it unless we do our research first. Just producing a prototype frame just to show you is costly.

    What would be important at this stage is, do Mag owners prefer traditional 45 style frames or vertical frames? We can not copy the AGD style triggers as they are copyright designs.
    Last edited by rkjunior303; 09-04-2007 at 08:17 AM.

    PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

    DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    336
    Garf,

    I'd be in for one as well. More than one if the price is in the $200-ish range.

    I have shot pneumatic mags, and there is nothing quite like them.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    181
    what is the time frame of these being released?

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    182
    jaymustang

    We are targeting a release time frame in a few months. Most of the development work is already done. Just need to mill up a frame and fit components into it, final testing and tweeking for maximum performance

    Garf


    Quote Originally Posted by jaywmustang
    what is the time frame of these being released?

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    181
    sweet looking forward for it

  8. #128
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    3,105
    I really hope this comes to market as I would scoop one up without hesitation. But I still think its awful dangerous to build up this much hype months before you even have a production model to show. "A couple of months" sounds vague. And as I read on there is still a lot of work to be done.


    This line of marketing has had a "make or break" effect on PB manufacturers in the past. But I do marketing for a living and I know if you overpromise and dont deliver there will be a lynching.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    5,001
    if you could get it done and in decent #'s, atleast 200-300 frames by december that would be great.

    when you start getting into spring 08 timeframes i think youl notice interest will drop off drasticly.

    i think alot of people just want a nice mag frame upgrade that they dont have to wait for a year +.

    and not to diss coolhand, or devil or those that have tried and been making their home pneu conversions but for me personaly to wait a year + with nothing to show just isnt acceptable. People want to pay for something and have it within 2 weeks.

    and as said as much as weve been jerked around i dont think anyone wants to wait much longer.

    also im interested in what the specs of the frame would be when they are released.

    triggerweight(activation weight), max rof, etc

    (not directed at geforce)too bad people cant work together these days to release a product people want but isntead want to fight over legalities and exclusive rights.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak
    if you could get it done and in decent #'s, atleast 200-300 frames by december that would be great.

    when you start getting into spring 08 timeframes i think youl notice interest will drop off drasticly.

    i think alot of people just want a nice mag frame upgrade that they dont have to wait for a year +.
    I think what you are missing is the fact that you get a say BEFORE it goes to production. Just as Tom tried/did in the past. If you want production kept secrete so you don't have to anticipate the new product, you get what they THINK you want.

    Personally, I think the frame will sale regardless of when they come out. But, this is a niche market so the speed in which they do sale will be the real issue. Theres little doubt in my mind that they will eventually sale every frame made, it just may take a while.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    5,001
    well said luke.

    also, i would check but the thread is long gone.

    there was a PTP pre order for pneuframes that had 150-200 people that said they were willing to pay upto $300(i believe) for these frames.

    it would be really nice of an AGD dealer or somone that sells agd markers/equipment would stock the frames as an upgrade or even stock option.


    the frame on the video looks like it would be a very nice mag frame if it was just smoothed out a bit.

    the looks need to be smooth and generic so they can go nicely with the many options of parts and mags available from a stock SS retro mag to an all ule x-valved karta mag

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,732
    I would rather they were overly large, bulky, and heavy.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    758
    Price wise there's nothing out of the ordinary at 300$

    Lets use the Stormwalk frame as an example, as it can intergrate everything and could be straight bolt on.

    By the time you figure the frame, pnuematics, lpr, fittings, trigger and annodizing you're sitting at 300 or close to.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    182
    Thank you for your input, I'll keep you all posted on our progress

    Garf

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,321
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force Tech
    Thank you for your input, I'll keep you all posted on our progress

    Garf

    pictures = a thousands words
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by luke
    I would rather they were overly large, bulky, and heavy.


    right if they're overly large, bulky and heavy we won't be able to send them to you so you can fix them. for a small fee of course...

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    AutoMag Country
    Posts
    2,029
    While it is nice to see someone taking this on from a production stand point, vs a Hobby.

    As the owner of the hAir Mag I love this gun to death, it has been a flawless marker, and has kiled many many a fool and a few unweary refs

    I would suggest that you plan on some electronics upgrade path, this will give the product some room to grow.

    -Robert
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.


  18. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The 101 Freeway - SoCal
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by RobAGD
    While it is nice to see someone taking this on from a production stand point, vs a Hobby.

    As the owner of the hAir Mag I love this gun to death, it has been a flawless marker, and has kiled many many a fool and a few unweary refs

    I would suggest that you plan on some electronics upgrade path, this will give the product some room to grow.

    -Robert
    That would be awesome. If they didn't sell them as and EP upgrade, but made it possible to add the board, noid, switch and even eyes at a later time. I sure as heck would buy one. I'll probably buy one anyhow but a lot faster if I could turn it into an electro pneumatic at home with ease.

    Actually, on second thought, I like the idea of no batteries. If this frame performs really well I might not have the need for electronics. It would be great to have that as an option though.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,669
    Will the frames be bounce-able?

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    AutoMag Country
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    Will the frames be bounce-able?
    It shouldn't. If its running away then it is broke.

    -R

  21. #141
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    4,017
    Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    Will the frames be bounce-able?
    lol. what happened to mag shooters and their shooting 'skill' over ramping/bouncing markers/reactive markers?

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Dend78
    click click click click click.... hear that noise thats rabid typin up C&D letter

    follow through with it i believe they should sell
    I HAVE NEVER SENT A C&D TO ANYONE regarding pneumatic triggers or related patents.

    NEVER. As in - NOT ONCE. as in THE NULL SET.

    N E V E R.
    VENGEANCE PAINTBALL DISTRIBUTORS
    X.O. INDUSTRIES PAINTBALLS

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwitch
    Maybe its dis-information put out there to throw us off.

    Maybe PTP is behind these shenaigans!

    Cue rabidchiuaua.....
    Ok.

    it is my opinion that the G-Force patent is covered by the PTP patent claims. What's not covered by the PTP patent is certainly covered by the DW patent and anything else that might have slipped through the cracks is covered by all the so-called PRIOR ART some of you people keep on bringing up.

    How come no hue and cry over this one? How come no claims that they got a patent for something that's existed for years? How come no Vector or Reflex cocker talk in regards to this patent issue? How come all you guys are running to buy one, sight unseen, info unseen, and not screaming and crying about how awful it is that these guys are going to stop everyone from making their own DIY pneumags?

    How Come?

    Oh, and btw - considering that their issue date is just around the same time that various DIY info was pulled off the web and others claimed they were threatened with C&Ds, how come no one suspects that these guys might be behind it?

    REMEMBER: Steve does not work for PTP. Steve's opinions may not be the same as those expressed by PTP. Steve's opinions ARE NOT the official position of PTP. Steve's opinions on intellectual property matters are those of an individual who has worked in the field for over ten years, but they are not the opinion of an attorney.

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by rkjunior303
    lol. what happened to mag shooters and their shooting 'skill' over ramping/bouncing markers/reactive markers?
    Im sure they are still lighting you up

  25. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidchihauhau
    NEVER. As in - NOT ONCE. as in THE NULL SET.


    Not even a little bit... like just a C&D "postit note".

  26. #146
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    4,017
    Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    Im sure they are still lighting you up
    HA. Hardly.

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger


    Not even a little bit... like just a C&D "postit note".
    I'm not sure what you mean, but if you are suggesting that I'm not telling the truth about never having sent out a C&D notice, we're going to need a set of dueling pistols...

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wouldn't u like to know!?
    Posts
    4,452
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidchihauhau
    Ok.

    it is my opinion that the G-Force patent is covered by the PTP patent claims. What's not covered by the PTP patent is certainly covered by the DW patent and anything else that might have slipped through the cracks is covered by all the so-called PRIOR ART some of you people keep on bringing up.

    How come no hue and cry over this one? How come no claims that they got a patent for something that's existed for years? How come no Vector or Reflex cocker talk in regards to this patent issue? How come all you guys are running to buy one, sight unseen, info unseen, and not screaming and crying about how awful it is that these guys are going to stop everyone from making their own DIY pneumags?

    How Come?

    Oh, and btw - considering that their issue date is just around the same time that various DIY info was pulled off the web and others claimed they were threatened with C&Ds, how come no one suspects that these guys might be behind it?

    REMEMBER: Steve does not work for PTP. Steve's opinions may not be the same as those expressed by PTP. Steve's opinions ARE NOT the official position of PTP. Steve's opinions on intellectual property matters are those of an individual who has worked in the field for over ten years, but they are not the opinion of an attorney.
    Good points. Watch in a year when these frames haven't come out yet. Everyone in this thread will have done a complete 180* and G-Force will be the new company to blame.

    I wonder if they were indeed the ones who pulled the DIY info off the web.

    My Feedback
    Pics
    For Sale
    ONCE YOU GO MAG YOU NEVER GO BACK!!!

  29. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,732
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidchihauhau
    Ok.


    How come no hue and cry over this one? How come no claims that they got a patent for something that's existed for years? How come no Vector or Reflex cocker talk in regards to this patent issue? How come all you guys are running to buy one, sight unseen, info unseen, and not screaming and crying about how awful it is that these guys are going to stop everyone from making their own DIY pneumags?

    How Come?
    I think because people don't really care about the patents, they just want the product. They may discuss the patents and argue about them, but only because that's all they have. At this point I doubt anybody cares who brings them to market, whether it's a DIY kit, DW or PTP, they will sell (At least in niche numbers)



    how come no one suspects that these guys might be behind it?
    Well, I can say first hand they weren't the ones that gave me a " friendly warning" years ago about a DIY kit I was going to sell.

  30. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidchihauhau
    I'm not sure what you mean, but if you are suggesting that I'm not telling the truth about never having sent out a C&D notice, we're going to need a set of dueling pistols...
    sorry, rabid... explanation.

    I was laughing at the "null set comment" lol

    and then I was just being funny about sending out a C&D postit note.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •