Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: G-Force to release pneumatic frames for the Mags

Pneumagger

ok - no need for seconds then.

Just out of curiosity - would you have preferred sabers or pistols? (Swords let you get personal...lol)

(Used to keep a cavalry saber in the house for home defense: "Mr. Davidson, you say you had no easy egress from the home during the invasion and that you acted in self-defense, is that correct?"
    "Sure."
    "But Mr Davidson, how do you account for the fact that the thief was hacked more than one hundred times...?"
    "I was REALLY scared...")
    VENGEANCE PAINTBALL DISTRIBUTORS
    X.O. INDUSTRIES PAINTBALLS

Robert,

Is the Emag not the solution for those that want electronic frames?

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by RobAGD
    While it is nice to see someone taking this on from a production stand point, vs a Hobby.

As the owner of the hAir Mag I love this gun to death, it has been a flawless marker, and has kiled many many a fool and a few unweary refs

I would suggest that you plan on some electronics upgrade path, this will give the product some room to grow.

-Robert

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force Tech
    Robert,

Garf
    Problem was the battery pack was too bulky and required the battery to be charged.
    a 9v is the way to go
    My trader feedback
    My trader feedback 2
    My trader feedback 3
    Rooster "But such is the mentallity of the Arab people. Which is why as long as there are Arabs, there will be a terrorist problem."
    ^^^ known AO racists

Robert,

Garf
    1. They don't make them anymore.
    2. The ones that remain are expensive and bulky.
    3. A 9v e-pneu frame would be oodles better.

G-Force

The guys basically got it.

Mixing the Pnu and E parts you get a gun that can br run on a small battery (9v) and not have the issues with the 18v Emag battery.

I never found it bulky, mainly because you alway stick something on teh forgrip area anyways, I think that was just a matter of people over thinking stuff, no playing enough with something ( and by playing I mean on the field not in front of the computer or tv after a few bong rips )

-Robert
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

[QUOTE=luke]

I think because people don't really care about the patents, they just want the product. They may discuss the patents and argue about them, but only because that's all they have. At this point I doubt anybody cares who brings them to market, whether it's a DIY kit, DW or PTP, they will sell (At least in niche numbers)

Exactly! At this point I couldn't care less who owns what; I just want a professionally built Pneumatic frame. Or at least the parts all ready for me to assemble without cutting anything.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

No one cares who brings the product to the market except for the guy who gets or loses money from it.

I'd love a professionally built frame. My DIY Intelliframe was eaten up by a dremel accident.

Robert,

9V batteries may be small but have limitations when it comes to amperage draw demanded by the solenoid plunger. With today's current battery technology, Li-ion or Li-Polymer would be the best choice, but the getting the size of these battery down would still be the challenge.

A pneumatic frame simplifies it.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by RobAGD
    G-Force

The guys basically got it.

Mixing the Pnu and E parts you get a gun that can br run on a small battery (9v) and not have the issues with the 18v Emag battery.

I never found it bulky, mainly because you alway stick something on teh forgrip area anyways, I think that was just a matter of people over thinking stuff, no playing enough with something ( and by playing I mean on the field not in front of the computer or tv after a few bong rips )

-Robert

A pneumatic frame simplifies it.
    Exactly, an E-pneu frame would let you use 9vs successfully.

Updates???

Garf! Any Updates on prototypes? Outlaw5
    COL Jerry Perkins
    SF, De Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw5
    Garf! Any Updates on prototypes? Outlaw5
    I answered a similar question like this one earlier. The prototype frames are being milled I'll show you all when it is ready.

Garf

I would kill for a e-pneu frame.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus-the-virus
    I would kill for a e-pneu frame.
    If that were available, who would buy it? I see more Mags than E-Mags out there.

When the E-Mag was available, I didn't see all the Mag owners migrate to it. I'm just curious if the pneumatic Mags would be the same.

Garf

i think people would buy a ep frame if it were lighter, took regular batteries, werent so bulky and were cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywmustang
    i think people would buy a ep frame if it were lighter, took regular batteries, werent so bulky and were cheaper.
    I know I would

Quote Originally Posted by jaywmustang
    I don't think the marker will be lighter now. If anything, it would be heavier. You are now adding pneumatics and LPR to the weight. The Li-on or NiMH battery is required for the electronics and energize the solenoid plunger. People have suggested a 9V, that is not possible because of the amperage requirement. A 9V is good for a solenoid valve which the patent belongs to SP/DYE/WDP.

Besides, where are you going to stuff all this hardware.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by Mayzons
    I know I would
    Do you have a E-Mag?

Garf

i'd buy an ep-frame if it wasn't overly bulky, reasonably priced and is just a bolt on upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyrob828
    i'd buy an ep-frame if it wasn't overly bulky, reasonably priced and is just a bolt on upgrade.
    As I said earlier, it will be heavier and definitely bulkier. You need to pick one of the two. If ROF is priority, then the E-Mag.

Garf

fine ill take ROF, just I don't want an 1.5" thick frame that weighs a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyrob828
    fine ill take ROF, just I don't want an 1.5" thick frame that weighs a pound.
    I suggest getting the E-Mag frame and have it milled to reduce the weight further.

Garf

https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179550

That is basicly what everyone wants. Making a light and compact frame is not impossable.It's actually quite fecable. Also I don't think there are any patents reguarding 9volt powered solinoids.

Bas speeling sorry

EDIT: Also a .45 frame would be nice =D

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus-the-virus
    https://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179550

That is basicly what everyone wants. Making a light and compact frame is not impossable.It's actually quite fecable. Also I don't think there are any patents reguarding 9volt powered solinoids.

Bas speeling sorry

EDIT: Also a .45 frame would be nice =D
    Looks like you found your E frame.

Garf

Garf
    Um no since it's a small, custom run. And it also proves that 9vs are able to power an e-pneu frame.

Do you have a E-Mag?

Garf
    I have one that I love AND I'm in the process of converting an ego frame into an EP mag frame. I'm doing it for the fun of the project more than as an emag replacement though. It'd be a lot easier if there was a ready made frame with room for a battery and maybe one of those upcoming Universal T-Boards though.
    Last edited by robnix; 09-16-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robnix
    I have one that I love AND I'm in the process of converting an ego frame into an EP mag frame. I'm doing it for the fun of the project more than as an emag replacement though. It'd be a lot easier if there was a ready made frame with room for a battery and maybe one of those upcoming Universal T-Boards though.
    If an EP frame is available to address the ROF requirement, then why do you need a pnuematic frame?

Garf
    Last edited by G-Force Tech; 09-16-2007 at 09:46 PM.

i would be happy with either (ep frame or p frame).

If an EP frame is available to address the ROF requirement, then way do you need a pnuematic frame?

Garf
    I think a lot of people would rather have an EP frame. It would be more able to compete with other tourny guns on the market and would appeal to more people than a full mech. A mech pneumag is a niche product. Marketing a ULE EP Mag in such a way that non-maggers might be drawn to it might be successful.

Garf
    No, because it is a small run of only 25(or so) and has been in the process for 2 years now. Deffinetly NOT a practical e-mag replacement.

solenoids that will run on a 9-volt battery are easy to find and some are relativly inexpensive.

The amount of shot's you can get per battery depends largly on the solenoid you use. But shoulden't be much worse than your avrage electropneumatic marker.

Actually I only forsee 2 things being a major issue. #1, finding a board and #2 finding room for an internal LPR(if you decide to go that route).

If an EP frame is available to address the ROF requirement, then why do you need a pnuematic frame?

Garf
    That's like asking me why I got the Xmod software for my Emag when the stock software was perfectly acceptable. But anyway, three reasons off the top of my head.

1) There's Ramping night on Thursday Nights at one field, Fridays at another.
    2) More granular control over the firing operation than a solely pneumatic frame can provide.
    3) If I can I want to.

Why not leave enough room in the frame for people that want to do these mods? You'll get a few more sales that way, and a small cottage industry may even spring up that could benefit you, unless of course your internals take up so much rrom that there's no room for a battery and board.