Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: G-Force to release pneumatic frames for the Mags

I must ask, Why the odd mounting block for the ASA? Isn't the ASA bolt on as-is?

machining looks sharp! +1

Are you certain there will be a second run?

1A. How much for a bolt-on "sleeper" frame? Internal LPR, ASA, the works.
    1B. Will that configuration be available for preorder?
    1C. That'll all work on CO2, right?

2. Any chance of a matte black ano?

3. Will there be an option to purchase the frame with wraparound or no grips for those of us anti-panel folks?

4. Is there a safety on that frame? I can't see one, looks like just a trigger pin.

Thanks for your time! Frame looks good, by the way.

Also, any possibility of internal pics

Quote Originally Posted by ThePixelGuru
    4. Is there a safety on that frame? I can't see one, looks like just a trigger pin.
    I would guess it would until it freeze up. the co2 tank/input will be sitting horizontal about an inch from that LPR. As soon as you get any liquid in the ASA the first thing it hits is the LPR. That little bugger regulating full pressure down to operating pressure doesn't really stand a chance. Unless it has some specific liquid co2 protection built into the micro LPR, I personally wouldn't use co2 and the internal LPR. It would probably be advisable to use c02 and a liquid co2 compatible foregrip Stabilizer as the regulation unit (have the palmer stab reg down to LP).

In all the frame's I've made only 2 have had working safties and it's a pain in the butt. the triggers move so little that even a mechanical safety isn't 100% effective. I would guess the only sure safety is simply that little knob on the front of the ASA...
    Last edited by Pneumagger; 10-10-2007 at 11:47 AM.

Oh also in addtion to my other Q(grips off pic), Can we buy the mini lpr separate? if so what threading will it have?
    Last edited by Ruler_Mark; 10-10-2007 at 12:08 PM.

Talking

what can i say? great friggin work!!!!!

Rob, you still reading this thread?

Since you were one of the lucky SOB's who was able to get your hands on a pre-production hAir, you are in a unique position to tell us how this compares to the hAir.

So, spill it.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force Tech
    - Bottom of frame prepped to accept an optional internal G-Force Micro-LPR
    How do we specify we want one of those LPRs? Or how do we get one?

ORDERED MINE!!!

Pay-pal on it's way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thordic
    Rob, you still reading this thread?

Since you were one of the lucky SOB's who was able to get your hands on a pre-production hAir, you are in a unique position to tell us how this compares to the hAir.

So, spill it.

Actually I never got to test one, so I cant really comment on it

Thought after several years the hAir is still rocking.

-R
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

Quote Originally Posted by koleah
    How do we specify we want one of those LPRs? Or how do we get one?

that and how do we order one of the asa's all ready for a sleeper set up? (meaning gas thru the grip into a internal LPR)

edit: and what numbers r we talkin bout production wise, i dunno if i missed it or not but how long do i have to decide to order one of these, pending the answers to my above questions
    Last edited by Pudgey51; 10-10-2007 at 04:31 PM.

rob,

you say its still kicking

any rough estimates on total shots, and have any components needed maintenance or tweaking?

hopefuly this frame holds up as well

Ordered 10/10/07

Cant wait to check this thing out.

Rob: For the love of Gawd,..... video some nice footage of you shooting paint with this and show us guys that already bought it!!!

Chrono - no parts replaced in the gun to date, 2 level 10 tweaks and that it.

I would say 1/2 million cycles if not more on the gun.

Gunga posted some vid of me playing with it in Chicago on 04 as i rceall.

-R

1.A. The internal LPR need further testing and the ASA adapter allows the use of the popular on/off ASA to be used ie. Newdesignz, CP, etc.

1.B The LPR can not be preorder at this time until it is ready for production.

1.C CO2 is not recommended at all when you use these frames. Compressed air will allow the LPRs to perform more consistently at high rates of fire, whereas CO2 will start freezing everything it flows through.

2. The only choice now is semi gloss black or clear ano

3. The grip panels are included at no additional charge.

4. There is no safety on the frame. The trigger can be adjusted down to 0.5mm making the safety useless. When off the field and not being used, just degass the setup.

The rule of safety always when the marker is gassed up....
    1. finger off the trigger
    2. marker pointed in a safe direction
    3. barrel sock

Quote Originally Posted by ThePixelGuru
    1A. How much for a bolt-on "sleeper" frame? Internal LPR, ASA, the works.
    1B. Will that configuration be available for preorder?

2. Any chance of a matte black ano?

3. Will there be an option to purchase the frame with wraparound or no grips for those of us anti-panel folks?

Thanks for your time! Frame looks good, by the way.

1.A. The internal LPR need further testing and the ASA adapter allows the use of the popular on/off ASA to be used ie. Newdesignz, CP, etc.

You might have just sold one right there. Are you saying we may be able to use and driect mount ASA on this with minimal modification? are we talking about drilling a hole to get it on there or bolt on somehow?

The G-Force Micro-LPR when it goes to production can be purchased separately.

The LPR has two threaded holes for the mounting screws and a center hole air in from the ASA thru the bottom of the grip frame. The threads are 4-40. The LPR drops into grip frame and the 4-40 bolts it into place from the bottom. See the pic. The center recess hole is for the o-ring seal to the on/off ASA.

Garf

Grips off pic will be posted later....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    Oh also in addtion to my other Q(grips off pic), Can we buy the mini lpr separate? if so what threading will it have?
    Last edited by G-Force Tech; 10-10-2007 at 07:42 PM.

Does the adapter for a standard on/off ASA have to be offset? Will you be making an adapter that is not offset? Also, will you be selling modded ASA's?

Only direct mount on/off ASA can be used in this setup. An ASA that uses a rail make if difficult for the oring to be fited in properly.

I am using a 1" offset adapter , but most will prefer the non-offset adapters. The adapter has internal air passages that routes the air from the direct mount ASA into the LPR air passage hole you seen between the 4-40 socket screws on the bottom of the frame. Missing from the pic is an o-ring for a seal.

A small hole need to be drill on the top of the direct mount ASA, and the adaptor is used to route it to the correct location under the frame.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by txaggie08
    You might have just sold one right there. Are you saying we may be able to use and driect mount ASA on this with minimal modification? are we talking about drilling a hole to get it on there or bolt on somehow?

The adapter can be in-line or offset in my setup. The tank bothers my wrist so the offset works fine.

The ASA needs a hole drilled for air but that hole may not be in the correct location. The adaptor routes the air directly under the frame at a certain location.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Does the adapter for a standard on/off ASA have to be offset? Will you be making an adapter that is not offset? Also, will you be selling modded ASA's?

The adapter can be in-line or offset in my setup. The tank bothers my wrist so the offset works fine.

The ASA needs a hole drilled for air but that hole may not be in the correct location. The adaptor routes the air directly under the frame at a certain location.

Garf
    Cool, I'd prefer the inline adapter. But what about the ASA mod, will G-Force be performing that? I think I speak for others when I say I don't feel comfortable drilling into a $50 CP on/off direct mount.

The adaptor plate is used to route the air from the ASA into the bottom of the grip frame. The adaptor plate allows for popular ASA to be used.

If you like the machining on our prototypes, you'll like the machining on the production products.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger
    I must ask, Why the odd mounting block for the ASA? Isn't the ASA bolt on as-is?

machining looks sharp! +1

The adaptor saves a lot of time. Everyone has a favorite ASA so providing my own would not be the ideal thing.

The CP mod was very easy. Just measure and mark the hole location. Use a punch to ensure the drill does not wander, and drill. Any mistakes will be covered up by the adapter.

I think most people will settle on the external LPR setup from what I see from the DIY.

Garf

Cool, I'd prefer the inline adapter. But what about the ASA mod, will G-Force be performing that? I think I speak for others when I say I don't feel comfortable drilling into a $50 CP on/off direct mount.

The Micro-LPR is still a prototype and need further testing.

Most people will be running the external LPR until its ready.

Garf

PS. Next production run is in Jan-Feb 2008 for Mar-Apr 2008 delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgey51
    that and how do we order one of the asa's all ready for a sleeper set up? (meaning gas thru the grip into a internal LPR)

edit: and what numbers r we talkin bout production wise, i dunno if i missed it or not but how long do i have to decide to order one of these, pending the answers to my above questions

The adaptor saves a lot of time. Everyone has a favorite ASA so providing my own would not be the ideal thing.

The CP mod was very easy. Just measure and mark the hole location. Use a punch to ensure the drill does not wander, and drill. Any mistakes will be covered up by the adapter.

I think most people will settle on the external LPR setup from what I see from the DIY.

Garf
    There's nothing you can hit if you drill too far or anything? I really want to build a sleeper mag to possibly use in the NEPL but I do not want to jack up my CP direct mount lol.

I prefer the sleeper mag too. Looks plain until you let it rip.

If you drill too far, you hit empty space.

There's nothing you can hit if you drill too far or anything? I really want to build a sleeper mag to possibly use in the NEPL but I do not want to jack up my CP direct mount lol.

Cocker version. Tippmann version, .....Spyder version.....

All in the works.

Mag version first.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger
    Yes, yes. Inquiring Minds need to know!

*anxiously dry washing hands*

not bad, not bad at all. But I'll wait until the internal LPR version comes out.

Cy.