Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: G-Force to release pneumatic frames for the Mags

So the CP direct mounts with air bleed won't need to be drilled? They just need the adapter?

All ASAs needs a single hole drilled whether it requires an adaptor or not. You have to get air to the internal LPR at the bottom of the grip frame.

If you look at the pic of the bottom of our grip frame, the outer front and rear 10-32 are mounting holes for the ASA. The side socket cap screws bolt the internal Micro-LPR in place. The center hole has a recess for an o-ring seal to either the adaptor or on/off ASA. Air needs to feed into this air passage and it comes from the on/off ASA directly.

Once this is set up, you then have the "sleeper" look. The only giveaway is the adaptor plate if required.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    So the CP direct mounts with air bleed won't need to be drilled? They just need the adapter?
    Last edited by G-Force Tech; 10-28-2007 at 08:47 PM.

But you said the CP ASA can't be drilled because "It also has a groove milled directly in the center line which renders a passage useless."

That is why the adapter is needed for this particular on/off ASA.

The 1/16 hole is drilled just behind the rear 10-32 mounting hole. The adaptor is sandwiched between the grip frame and on/off ASA.

Air from the tank into the adaptor plate and internally the adaptor plate feeds the air directly into the grip frame. The adaptor plate is in reality a air manifold with several internal air passages

The adaptor cost more than $15 to make. Try to make it yourself and see if you can do it for that.

This special project is to ensure people can still get the sleeper set up with the popular CP on/off direct mount ASA that have air bleed.

Garf

But you said the CP ASA can't be drilled because "It also has a groove milled directly in the center line which renders a passage useless."

To interject a few questions I feel might clarify this:

a) When will the adaptor plate be required, and when will it not?
    b) Can you link a few ASAs on pbgear.com (or something) that would require the adaptor and a few that wouldn't, and
    c) Can you give reasons why?

That'd help me a lot, and I think some of the others as well.

a) If the air space in the on/off ASA between the 10-32 mounting screws holds the tank pressure when the ASA is turned on, then you can drill there in-line with the air passage of the grip frame when bolted to it.

b) The ASA must be a direct mount first of all. I am only familar with the CP mounts since they are the ones I personally use. I would have to look at the others in person to say which ones will work. If people can post pics of the ones they have ie. different angle pics, and internals if it can be disassembled so I can confirm

c) If the top mating surface is not flat completely, you won't have a proper air seal. The adaptor is basically an air manifold for routing the air. It is only needed if you can drill directly under the grip frame into the on/off ASA.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by ThePixelGuru
    To interject a few questions I feel might clarify this:

a) When will the adaptor plate be required, and when will it not?
    b) Can you link a few ASAs on pbgear.com (or something) that would require the adaptor and a few that wouldn't, and
    c) Can you give reasons why?

That'd help me a lot, and I think some of the others as well.
    Last edited by G-Force Tech; 10-28-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force Tech
    The original offering was a ready to bolt-on frame for $199, that takes only 10min to install. Our frame do not conform to the intelliframe in any way. It was designed from the ground up as a pneumatic frame only for the Mag. The pneumatic actuator is also custom made to consume as little air as possible and to produce the most tripping force for the sear. The dual ball bearing trigger is designed to be as short as possible and for walkability. The ability for a Micro-LPR drop-in for future upgrading. The frame also has a channel milled so you can feed the LPR hose into the pneumatics instead of modifying your rail if you went with an external LPR. A lot of thought has been put into this frame to make your Mag perform like an electro on the field.

The home made conversions do not come close to the performance that this frame will give your mag.

I agree with you that there is alot that has gone into this frame and there are ALOT of good features that it has that no intelliframe conversion can.

The only thing I would want to have is ramp but obviously that is impossible for it's non-electric design.

Please don't factor in the other support upgrades we are producing to inflate the the final costs in comparison to a "USED" emag lowers. The additional upgrade items are low volume and being produced for the special requests. Airsmiths on AO forums in the past have charged mag owners up to $160 plus a frame to do the pneu conversions. That's more than our production frames. I am sure that the same airsmiths on this forum can now offer tapping and drilling services to keep the conversion costs down. LPRs out there now start around $20 that will work fine. If you use a vetical reg, then you eliminated the tapping costs.
    Well I was just looking at prices that were offered at that time, air smiths are not guarrenteed for sales. And the next best alternatives {emags(cant get them new), custom pnuemags (cheap or costly)}

Some people even pay others to-do thie pnuemag conversions due to lack of tool skills or other reasons. So you are right that if I do factor in the 160 then custom pnueframes are more expensive that your job but they are custom and with custom everything is suppose to cost more.

If you are bent on having a "sleeper" then it will cost more for sure.

I also think Mag owners are very bright people that love to tinker. Installing this frame is much easier than tuning the level 10.
    Most gun owners are not bright, mags do have a pretty good concentration of smart users but bear in mind that thoose statements are based off of people who frequent the forums. And I can tell you that most people that play do not vist pb web forums. Goto any field and look at the average rec baller's inelligence thoose are the target market right? [PB players]

What I am meaning is that people would probably like to have a turn-key pnuemag option. They pay you and they get a ready to shoot gun in a nice box.

For example I have a friend who knows absolutly nothing about guns, loves to play however so i have had to build him his gun's. I'm sure there are people out there without people who could/would assemble it. Remeber we are dealing with high pressure and dealthy results if things arent right.

I do understand not wanting to spend alot of money of mag parts to hopefully sell full guns so mabey my suggestion of an Installation Service where people mail in the needed parts and get sent back a full gun.

PS, Ruler_Mark.... are people actually asking for a complete built pneu mag or just the frame?? If they want a full turnkey Mag, the I suggest that they contact AGD with that request.
    I don't know what people are asking but if i wanted one of these i'd either have to buy a full mag and sell of some of the parts or be stuck with that dead weight or buy the separate parts. A full gun option might be somthing of an advantage and possibly get you more press resulting in more sales and hopefully profit.

-Mark

Garf
    PS, Garf I don't mean to be mean or anything i seriously would like to see this grow, or really explode, this might be something that could really help mags get back into widespread use. Thanks for the reply.

Edit: Well I know im not a madman some people agreed with something

Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Smurf
    I second.
    Last edited by Ruler_Mark; 10-28-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Ok so if I use the CP direct mount, I'm going to have someone drill the hole behind the rear mounting screw and pay $15 for the adapter. What ASA would work without the adapter?

Would this work without an adapter?

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...AAAECKgbolWTv#

Nice looking ASA, but what is that big oval hole between the mounting screw holes?

The ASA needs to have a flat surface to mate with the bottom of the grip frame. The 1/16 hole needs to be drilled directly into the ASA directly below the air passage hole of the bottom of the grip frame.

Garf

Ok so if I use the CP direct mount, I'm going to have someone drill the hole behind the rear mounting screw and pay $15 for the adapter. What ASA would work without the adapter?

Would this work without an adapter?

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...AAAECKgbolWTv#

Ok, I think I'll just use my CP. Pneumagger says he'll drill them just for the cost of shipping. Add the $15 for the adapter onto my order so it can ship with my frame and lpr please!
    Last edited by warbeak2099; 11-02-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Yeah, the function one is nice warbeak, as I had looked around for other suitable ones as well, but it is not a venting one and you'd need some sort of adapter due to them taking that oval of metal out. Since it is not a venting asa, my guess is that they milled that for a little extra weight loss which does us no good. None-the-less, thanks to pneumagger for stepping up with his offer.

I have heard or read somewhere that it is possible to drill into a non venting asa to make it into a venting asa.

Is this true? Any one have some more info on this? Since any asa will need at least 1 hole drilled it wouldn't be much more work for a second hole to be drilled to make it venting.

g-force-

What operating pressure does your frame require? And what can it handle?

I just picked up a palmers stab and they only go down to 225 psi. Any lower and you need the lp spring kit.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothice
    I have heard or read somewhere that it is possible to drill into a non venting asa to make it into a venting asa.

Is this true? Any one have some more info on this? Since any asa will need at least 1 hole drilled it wouldn't be much more work for a second hole to be drilled to make it venting.
    The drilling would need to be pretty darn precise, and since the bottle o-ring would be passing it, it would need to be very cleanly deburred, less it shred your tank o-ring after 1 or more insertions.

The grip frame pneumatics operate as low as 30psi. The actuator is custom made by us to use as little air as possible, so it can also trip the sear at much lower pressures.

The palmer stab putting out 225psi will blow up everything in the frame. You need lower pressures than that. A Palmer micro-rock LPR will regulate from 20psi to 100psi consistently.

Garf

g-force-

What operating pressure does your frame require? And what can it handle?

I just picked up a palmers stab and they only go down to 225 psi. Any lower and you need the lp spring kit.
    Last edited by G-Force Tech; 11-01-2007 at 09:34 PM.

External LPR setup

I had numerous questions regarding the external LPR setup regarding how to feed the LPR air line into the frame. The way everyone has been doing it is through the rail.

Ours is done differently. It is fed first through the vert ASA then into the grip frame directly. Both the vert ASA and grip frame have a channel milled for this.

See the pic on one of our external LPR setup on a Tac-One.

Garf

Last edited by G-Force Tech; 11-02-2007 at 09:00 AM.

The grip frame pneumatics operate as low as 30psi. The actuator is custom made by us to use as little air as possible, so it can also trip the sear at much lower pressures.

The palmer stab putting out 225psi will blow up everything in the frame. You need lower pressures than that. A Palmer micro-rock LPR will regulate from 20psi to 100psi consistently.

Garf

That kinda answers my question.

What is the max input psi your frame can handle?

Also I was incorrect. The palmers stab can go down to 0 psi without the lp kit.

You need to contact Palmer to find out if the stab is stable at the low range of 30 to 60 psi since this is designed to go up to 250psi. The micro-rock are design to operate at 20 to 100psi, so therefore very stable and consistent.

Our frames can run up to 100psi , but you'll be wasting valuable air with that press. 30 to 50psi will work.

Garf

That kinda answers my question.

What is the max input psi your frame can handle?

Also I was incorrect. The palmers stab can go down to 0 psi without the lp kit.

I'll add the CP direct mount adapter to my order once they're available. Can I get it in black like the frame I ordered?

That'll make a frame, internal LPR, and mount. Will I need to pick up anything else? (hose, o-rings, etc..)

I'll be asking all that purchase later who is actually going to be using the CP direct mount ASA with air bleed. The adaptors will be a special run on its own.

The frame and internal LPR kits ncludes all LPR hose and orings, fasteners. Instructions for installation and tuning guide.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by Don Carnage
    I'll add the CP direct mount adapter to my order once they're available. Can I get it in black like the frame I ordered?

That'll make a frame, internal LPR, and mount. Will I need to pick up anything else? (hose, o-rings, etc..)

is everything moving along smoothly? still on time or close as far as ETA?

garf, thanks for answering all the questions. im pretty sure i udnerstand everything i need/dont need etc for the setup i want.

keep up the good work

Gawd,..... I cant wait for this frame to come in!

Does anyone actually have one of these yet? I smell a new picture thread coming on.

If anyone wants a frame thats a bolt on deal,... you guys need to get on this fast!!

Please remember that this is a thread for the G-Force frame,.... NOT a Do-It-Yourself post (we got plenty of them)

While I see how some of us cant figure $200 for a frame thats not electro,... lets look at some of the past in reference:

The hAir Trigger,... how many of us were DROOLING over the video when it came out?
    How many of us though: "Jesus,... can you imagine the looks my mag would get if I had this on my baby at the field?"
    How many of us were COMPLETELY crushed when we found out the hAir was a no go?
    How many posts are STILL on this forum devoted to talking about it and compairing it?

Guys,.. this is the frame! Its here,.. right now! Why are some people cross referencing a home made pneumag to this bolt on frame is beyond me.

If your a DIY kinda mag owner,.. its not for you. But the comment about "even yours still requires work" (or however it was posted) is kinda bias. How many of us cant screw a reg into an ASA? I mean, really,.... Thats the least it takes to get this thing to work.
    So you want a real pretty ASA in an anno color but you dont have a tap or drill press to do it with,.. so ur not buying one? C'mon guys. Luke, Jay, and a few others have been doing these services for a while now.

The post with the adapter plate,.. yeah confusing. But Garf is trying to help get all of us to understand it,... so maybe he should build one on video and post to show exactly how its done. Kinda like Pneumagger did with the Airwalk frame and a pneumag install.

All Im saying is give the guy alot of support and help him out in anyway you can. For some of us,.. this is a dream come true. For others,.. its something new. For a few,.. its not for them.

Hope the best for you Garf,.... now crack that whip and get back to work!!

~ P8nt

I just think he should sell pre-drilled ASA's. But since Pneumagger is just going to charge shipping to drill ours, I guess it's cool. But remember it's not only $200. It's $200 + $65 for the LPR + $15 for the adapter. Or if you're using an external LPR, it's $200 + $30-40 for a decent LPR + $15 for drilling the vert ASA. Plus shipping and the fact that you have to send stuff to Pneumagger or Luke to drill.

Not that I'm complaining, it's worth the time and effort to me, that's why I ordered one. The only way we can have any improvements like pre-drilled ASAs is if we support this first run.

If i'm not mistaken...he has already said that the predrilled asas would be a copyright violation....therefore....

just do it yourself...

i can't wait : )

~Andrew
    I LOVE MAGS ...and hate low pressure output tanks....and spyders

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cunje
    If i'm not mistaken...he has already said that the predrilled asas would be a copyright violation....therefore....

just do it yourself...

~Andrew
    Not if he bought a batch of CP ASA's and drilled them.

Andrew,

I have already called CP regarding there ASA and they did confirm they have patents on them. To buy these items in such low volume for this project than dealers out that sell more and get better discounts would not be wise. Then for me to set up the machine to drill them all would not be sellable to you guys.

The other big issue is I would actually void the lifetime warranty on them.

I will provide exact instructions how to drill these ASA and you can decide if you are willing to void the warranty by doing it.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cunje

just do it yourself...

~Andrew

I will be ordering mine on Monday

I tried searching through this thread but couldn't find the answer...

Does the frame include enough hosing to connect to my external LPR?
    Is it possible to fit my own LPR inside the frame or will it only allow for the G-Force LPR?

Also, will any production photos be available soon? I'm really interested in ordering but want to know what the final frame will look like. If I order the frame in black, will the trigger have a clear or black finish?

Thanks