Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: G-Force to release pneumatic frames for the Mags

im not using the internal lpr, iv got a cp on\off with a tickler on the one side. im going to drill a hole between the grip screws and run the air line in there. or if there was a way to put my lpr inside the frame ill do it

Quote Originally Posted by skyless
    Hey just wondering what asa people are planing on using. Seems like the cp is recommended since an adaptor is available. Anyone using others. I like the CP but, it would be great not to have to use the adaptor and be as compact as possible. Once these things are in hand im sure there will be great pics of different setups but i just want all the pieces so when it arrives i can unload a full case asap.
    Last edited by jade_monkey07; 02-21-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothice
    just got off the phone with garf.

His accent was everything I had hoped for.

you guys should hear a real thick newfie accent. its amazingly unintelligible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m-y-...eature=related
    Last edited by jade_monkey07; 02-21-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Hey just wondering what asa people are planing on using with the internal lpr. Seems like the cp is recommended since an adaptor is available. Anyone using others. I like the CP but, it would be great not to have to use the adaptor and be as compact as possible. Once these things are in hand im sure there will be great pics of different setups but i just want all the pieces so when it arrives i can unload a full case asap.
    On page 19 of this thread, https://www.automags.org/forums/showp...&postcount=549, I show pictures of a Bob Long ASA that should work. I have sent a CP ASA into Garf to have him mill that one because I KNOW he has that one working. When I talked to him on the phone tonight he said there should be no issues with getting the Bob Long to work once I have the holes drilled into it. On the bottom of the G-Force frame there is a recess for an o-ring to seal the ASA to the frame. The Bob Long ASA that I have vents air out of the bottom not the top like the CP ASA.

Looper,
    I saw your post on the bob long asa. It looks good, but i was not sure if the mounting setup for it would make a good seal to the frame. Since the mounting screws go in first then the asa connects to them it would seem like it would be hard to compress a o-ring to make the seal. Im thinking the same as you as far as using what is know to work and going with the cp.

Also on another note after talking to Garf today, The adaptor will not be anodized, kinda why i was looking at other options. I recall pneumagger putting a direct feed cp asa on an sleeper airwalk without any adaptor, perhaps there is another way to drill the cp?

I recall pneumagger putting a direct feed cp asa on an sleeper airwalk without any adaptor, perhaps there is another way to drill the cp?
    loguzzzzz here on AO has done the same to thing to a cp direct mount and it works like a dream. It actually requires milling a spot for an oring to sit in the cp asa it self.

The reason Garf made his adaptor was so you all that was needed was a properly placed hole in the cp asa.

Since the mounting screws go in first then the asa connects to them it would seem like it would be hard to compress a o-ring to make the seal.
    In theory what should happen is the air pressure from the ASA will expand the o-ring that is between the ASA and frame thus pressing it against any cracks and forming a tight seal to outside world. Also the Bob Long studs in the frame have a taper so when the set screw is engaged it forces the ASA to press upward against the bottom of the frame...

Time will tell... I'll drill mine so you don't have too and I will be sure to tell everyone here once I learn the outcome...

Some time back I sent Garf a PM asking about the "Wavier" they required to drill the CP ASA. Has anybody heard anything about these? Do we need them anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    In theory what should happen is the air pressure from the ASA will expand the o-ring that is between the ASA and frame thus pressing it against any cracks and forming a tight seal to outside world. Also the Bob Long studs in the frame have a taper so when the set screw is engaged it forces the ASA to press upward against the bottom of the frame...

Time will tell... I'll drill mine so you don't have too and I will be sure to tell everyone here once I learn the outcome...

Email: gregkwong@phurious.com, AIM: Phurious, YAHOO: KomputrKnurd

My Good Guys List: Donggie, HungSolo, Sygyzy, MiCRoFooL, Mister .44, Kicker35, Zinn

Jesus. Lots of replies. Got my call last...Wednesday night. I thought it was great of Garf to call us and let us know the status of the project. Knowing that there are just under 100 of these limited production run frames should help many to realize why it is taking so long.

Still can't wait! : )

Why so many smiles? I just felt like it...
    I LOVE MAGS ...and hate low pressure output tanks....and spyders

I know it's a little late to ask, especially seeing as how I already ordered one, but does anyone know if this frame will be able to go on rails that have a twist lock installed?

99.9% sure it will work

Wonderful! I had planned on putting the frame on my old RT Pro, to put some more mileage on it.

Still available for order?
    The website only has vert ASAs and LPRs for sale.

nope

nope

nope too late

though if things continue there may be a spot or two for sale

Well if anybody has a spot they would like to sell, shoot me a PM please. Hopefully this isn't breaking any rules...

Seeing as how its a limited production frame. And this is th only run he plans on doing. I would bet that you wouldn't even be able to buy a frame/spot for less than double what people are paying. However if i were you, I would contact him directly in case he has some amount of overflow which we don't know about that you could pick up.

You don't think someone would actually pay double do you??? With the sleeper version that would cost nearly 600$ I don't think many people would be willing to fork that out do you??? I would love to sell it for that much but I really want to put this on a pheonix body/frame. The only problem is coming up with the money for that . And my wife would kill me if I spent 400+$ for a body.

Quote Originally Posted by Danterwhoo
    You don't think someone would actually pay double do you??? With the sleeper version that would cost nearly 600$ I don't think many people would be willing to fork that out do you??? I would love to sell it for that much but I really want to put this on a pheonix body/frame. The only problem is coming up with the money for that .
    If someone were to pm me an offer for double what I paid I would definetly give it some thought.

It makes me wish I bought two just so I could sell one for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danterwhoo
    It makes me wish I bought two just so I could sell one for profit.
    With so many home-brewed pneu-frames being made and the fact that you can get a set of used EMag lowers for about $300, I think that it would be difficult to make much of a profit over what you paid.

Although there were only about 100 made, they weren't exactly selling like hotcakes either.

It's still tough to speculate what their street value will be until some of us start posting some videos so everyone else can see how they truly perform.

... and I'm still keeping mine

God I can't wait.

So what is it from now like 1-2 weeks : )

WOOT!

So I spend hours catching up with AO and stay up all night getting pumped up about this, only to read....
    Quote Originally Posted by jade_monkey07
    i just got the call. NO second run. and they sold just under 100 of these
    collectors item
    How about putting together a sign up to see how many more are interested? I'd be one...

Guess that's what I get for moving X-country.....

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    So I spend hours catching up with AO and stay up all night getting pumped up about this, only to read....

How about putting together a sign up to see how many more are interested? I'd be one...

i thought you read the whole thread?

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG

Although there were only about 100 made, they weren't exactly selling like hotcakes either.

Well people are pretty skeptical about pre-ordering anything these days and I cannot blame them. (No offense to G-Force). If there was a product actually ready to go things might be different. Then again, they sold 100 to a niche market..which im surprised they did that - and did anyone think that 10,000 pneu frames would be sold?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Well people are pretty skeptical about pre-ordering anything these days and I cannot blame them. (No offense to G-Force). If there was a product actually ready to go things might be different. Then again, they sold 100 to a niche market..which im surprised they did that - and did anyone think that 10,000 pneu frames would be sold?
    I agree. I wouldn't expect a huge sale either because of the niche market, like you said.

I'm sure a few people will try to sell them though and I'm really curious to see what their street value will be.

On a different note, once these are finally in our hands and some people start posting pics of the internals, I wonder how many will try to duplicate the design?
    Of course it would be somewhat illegal due to patent infringements, but making a frame only for yourself shouldn't cause a commotion.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG
    I agree. I wouldn't expect a huge sale either because of the niche market, like you said.

I'm sure a few people will try to sell them though and I'm really curious to see what their street value will be.

On a different note, once these are finally in our hands and some people start posting pics of the internals, I wonder how many will try to duplicate the design?
    Of course it would be somewhat illegal due to patent infringements, but making a frame only for yourself shouldn't cause a commotion.

indeed. if you start selling them it is.

Quote Originally Posted by nmib
    i thought you read the whole thread?

Boooo....

Some wine for your cheese, sir?