Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: G-Force to release pneumatic frames for the Mags

i think most of what can be said has been done so.

if your still looking for feedback theres plenty of pics,specs of proposed pneuframes , etc, etc as well as a good 50+ pages of pneu related info,patent issues, frame desighns etc etc

which you seem to be aware of.

i would think that the deadlwing hair vid being one fot he most popular videos on AO by far is incentive enough that there is demand, if that is what concenrs you.

im happy to supply dozens and dozens of links if you are unware of these threads im refering to

and geforece(garth) you may be confusing AGD triggerframe desighns with agd trigger specs.
    basicly we want to use aftermarket triggers liek those offered by Rogue, and TMS among others. we dont care if its an inteliframe or y-frame, though a y-frame would be sweet...

If you produce one, I would seriously buy one if it is an easy bolt on item. I do not like making things more complex than they need be. Also ease of maintenance would be a must. What I found so far from owning a mag compared to my other guns is I can just pick i up out my bag and use it right away, no worries during game time, and I can do it repeatedely whenever I want. so this is what I would like to see:

Simple installation

Easy maitenance

Reliability

Those are what are important to me. As far as ergronomics, 45 frame with a classic 2 finger trigger. I have never realy been able to feel comfortable with a blade trigger. A hybrid style frame would work too, but I just like 45 frames better

2 last things

1. Working safety is a must for me.

2. Does it come in black?

My .02

1) 45 style
    2) normal trigger guard
    3) safety

Good luck with this, I will be checking in for updates.
    bman

THANK GOD!!!!!!

Well, if it makes anyone happy. Their website now includes automags in the list for Pneumatic Frames.

I'll buy it if it is released and doesn't cost $400+

But right now my BS-o-meter is off the charts. Considering your a company that has released nothing that they "said they were going to produce"

Esspecily considering that mags are nich markers.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus-the-virus
    I'll buy it if it is released and doesn't cost $400+

But right now my BS-o-meter is off the charts. Considering your a company that has released nothing that they "said they were going to produce"

Esspecily considering that mags are nich markers.
    This is true. The all pneumatic marker had one problem that they admitted to and after that it all of a sudden disappeared. They didn't fix the problem and try it again, they just threw the whole project out. It's been at least two years if not more since then. So given that track record, how are we to believe that this same company is going to pull through on this product? I'm sorry but it just pisses me off when someone has the gaul to be that big of a jerk. You come on here and make claims that you probably will never follow through on. Don't make the claim at all unless you have your ducks in a row already.

Airwalk + pneumatics ftw

Quote Originally Posted by mostpeople
    Airwalk + pneumatics ftw

sounds good to me

I think this sounds like a great idea coming from G-Force. If they successfully manufacture a working pneumatics I'd definitely buy one for my mag. The only thing is that I have an Airwalk frame lying around. I'd like to be able to send that in to have the pneumatics installed. I'd agree with all of Rawbutter's points- less so with 5, but I also want to see some kind of warranty.

Rudz,

We will produce 45 since majority prefers that style. Others can be offer in limited quantities later.

We have used different valves in our prototype 68Super and S1 markers including the MSV-1 and MSV-2 valves that we see being used for the Pneu Mag conversions on AO. The pneumatic actuator cylinder and LPR are custom made.

Once the frame get machined, we'll post it.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by rudz
    Give the guy a break, seriously, you guys don't jump all over colin and dw like this, so give him a break.

First of all, garf, do you have a frame design in mind? Hybrid, 45, vert? Also a larger trigger gaurd seems popular around here, I suspect we won't be able to use our agd triggers, so what trigger styles do you have in mind? Can we get a picture of your pnuematics in one of your other frames? A video?

And I apologoze for the negativity and sometimes downright disrespect, but this community has had more than its share of false promises and extended pre orders.
    Last edited by G-Force Tech; 09-03-2007 at 07:16 AM.

Have at!!!

AO et all :

You all have rights to be skeptical, but they don't owe you anything. Gear down guys.

GForce

- While the community at large loves pnuemags it may be hard to find enough business to really keep it rolling. Mags, for the most part, are no longer in the lime light and the price of an autococker is in the toilet. Spyders and other mechanical frames have been replaced by Ions.

In this community most of us who want a pneumag have the ability to make it ourselves and those who don't have the skills/tools can get it done by various folks kicking around the boards. In that respect you're going to have to beat them, so focusing on that area :

Frame
    -A larger trigger guard is almost universally welcomed for the mags, as they were never intended to be walked like they currently have the ability to.
    -Light weight. Normally goes with out saying but the calling card of a mag is that it happens to be light as a feather most days
    -Mags have a plethora of mechanical frames but very few electo frames that can be easily had. If/when you get your system down going Electro pneumatic might be a solid choice. Most of us would simply use an ego frame but that involves a solenoid and yet more stuff to play with. Theoretically you'd be the only one making new electronic mag frames.

Pnuematics
    -Ram as a drop in insert. Flat out most people would not like to have the ability to reposition anything by accident when cleaning or tinkering....Mag people love to tinker. same goes for the valve/lpr.
    - They MUST be clean looking. The first pnues looked like a jumble but worked and have progressively been refined.

Toll,

When the frames goes to production, the frame guards will be large enough for gloves and walking. We want this frame to enable any Mag to shoot as fast as any semi auto electro with ease.

The frames will be "Install and Fire" when they are shipped. The only thing you would need to do is either run the low pressure hose from a vertical LPR to the frame or go with the optional frame with an internal LPR.

We will try our best to use the existing AGD spec triggers, but are experimenting with an improved geometry for better performance.

A safety will be utilized in the frame.

We can mill the heck out of the frames to keep the weight very low.

Garf

Quote Originally Posted by Toll
    AO et all :

You all have rights to be skeptical, but they don't owe you anything. Gear down guys.

GForce

- While the community at large loves pnuemags it may be hard to find enough business to really keep it rolling. Mags, for the most part, are no longer in the lime light and the price of an autococker is in the toilet. Spyders and other mechanical frames have been replaced by Ions.

In this community most of us who want a pneumag have the ability to make it ourselves and those who don't have the skills/tools can get it done by various folks kicking around the boards. In that respect you're going to have to beat them, so focusing on that area :

Frame
    -A larger trigger guard is almost universally welcomed for the mags, as they were never intended to be walked like they currently have the ability to.
    -Light weight. Normally goes with out saying but the calling card of a mag is that it happens to be light as a feather most days
    -Mags have a plethora of mechanical frames but very few electo frames that can be easily had. If/when you get your system down going Electro pneumatic might be a solid choice. Most of us would simply use an ego frame but that involves a solenoid and yet more stuff to play with. Theoretically you'd be the only one making new electronic mag frames.

Pnuematics
    -Ram as a drop in insert. Flat out most people would not like to have the ability to reposition anything by accident when cleaning or tinkering....Mag people love to tinker. same goes for the valve/lpr.
    - They MUST be clean looking. The first pnues looked like a jumble but worked and have progressively been refined.

wow, now this is something to look out for (i'm late, i know...)

Gforce, if you do come out with a "install and fire" frame, I really would buy one. I have been a tinkerer with cockers, tippys, and other guns for a while. Now that I have my mag, I have gone back to enjoy just picking up the gun and playing, so something that just bolts up...connect a lp hose,....then runs right away is really the most appealing thing to me.

I would love a vertical or hybrid frame. I HATE .45 frames. Serisouly. I have a 90* on my 'Cocker currently, and I have a UMF for my 'Mag (being EP'd right now) and a USF for an old Shocker I sold. I have a .45 on a Nelson-based pump right now and hate it. When I get some cash, I might have a vertical bolt-on machined up.

Also, I like the LPR outside of the body, but you already said that would be an option, so... awesome.
    Autocockers are the greatest markers ever made.
    ~The greatest BACKUP markers to AUTOMAGS!!

Only temporary, get'n a new sig soon.

First, thanks for taking the time to ask input from your prospective buyers. If I may add, it might have made things easier on you if you had posted this initially as merely soliciting input than appearing to make an announcement of a possibly imminent release. There has been enough bandwidth already used on the reasons behind that for me to waste any myself.

1. I would greatly prefer a 45* frame to keep the profile low. An 85* frame would be less desirable but better than a 90*.

2. Make sure it accepts widely available grip covers. I know this sounds obvious, but yours won't sell well if you require proprietary covers.

3. There are reasons Fireblades and Tunablades are highly sought after; they work and feel superb. I greatly prefer a Fireblade, but that's my preference. I would avoid a double trigger such as a stock e-mag trigger. Delrin would be my material of choice, but dust-anno'd aluminum would work fine.

4. The option for an internal LPR is far preferable to me. The more sleek and smooth the grip frame, the better.

5. Again, this is probably incredibly obvious, but will your grip work with both Classic valves and ULT'd valves?

6. Will you offer a frame to work with a RT Classic?

7. Part of your challenge will be keeping the price of your frame low enough that people won't see a DIY pneumag frame as worth the personal effort to produce in order to save the difference in cost.

8. Weight has already been covered, so I'm done.

Best wishes in your efforts. If you need any beta testers, I'm first in line!

custar

Custar,

Answers to your questions:

1. 45 frames would be the main production run. Other styles would be a limited quantity depending on demand.

2. 45 will use standard grip mounting holes so off the shelf grips will work.

3. We won't copy any trigger styles directly. We will have our own. If we decide to use the AGD spec, then you can use what ever trigger you like.

4. All our frames will accept an optional internal (in grip) LPR for those that do not want an external LPR.

5. We will try to make a single frame to work with both Classic and ULT valves. This would need to be finallized in the pre-production frames.

6. Have the same frame to work with the RT Classic? Not there yet.

7. Weight, as light as we can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by custar
    First, thanks for taking the time to ask input from your prospective buyers. If I may add, it might have made things easier on you if you had posted this initially as merely soliciting input than appearing to make an announcement of a possibly imminent release. There has been enough bandwidth already used on the reasons behind that for me to waste any myself.

1. I would greatly prefer a 45* frame to keep the profile low. An 85* frame would be less desirable but better than a 90*.

2. Make sure it accepts widely available grip covers. I know this sounds obvious, but yours won't sell well if you require proprietary covers.

3. There are reasons Fireblades and Tunablades are highly sought after; they work and feel superb. I greatly prefer a Fireblade, but that's my preference. I would avoid a double trigger such as a stock e-mag trigger. Delrin would be my material of choice, but dust-anno'd aluminum would work fine.

4. The option for an internal LPR is far preferable to me. The more sleek and smooth the grip frame, the better.

5. Again, this is probably incredibly obvious, but will your grip work with both Classic valves and ULT'd valves?

6. Will you offer a frame to work with a RT Classic?

7. Part of your challenge will be keeping the price of your frame low enough that people won't see a DIY pneumag frame as worth the personal effort to produce in order to save the difference in cost.

8. Weight has already been covered, so I'm done.

Best wishes in your efforts. If you need any beta testers, I'm first in line!

custar

Talking

Now we are getting somewhere, good luck garf

Rudz

Mark me down as one interested. Thanks for the answers.

custar

Sounds Fantastic!

Garf, I know you have taken a lot of punishment on this subject but as others have stated in the last two pages, although AO is fickle they would want a pnuemag frame above most things....even if they didn't want to admit it. I can tell you that I get the heads turning at every field I go to with my X and E-MAGs. I would love to show up with one of your frames on my classic and tear a bunch of the speedballers up, watch there faces hang out in disbelief.

The Direction you are taking is correct, start of with the 45 degree frames and all the options you have mentioned and I guarantee I and others in NC would buy a few of these. Over time I would buy three and I know two people who would buy one. Not the 1000's of people you might be looking for but it is a start. Keep AO posted and we are looking forward to this possibility. Thanks Jerry "Outlaw5" Perkins
    COL Jerry Perkins
    SF, De Oppresso Liber

If reliable, quick, and good looking I'd pick one or two up in a heartbeat.

My requests:

Working Saftery that can take AGD triggers.
    45 frame that can take a Dye Sticky 3 grips (I find them too comfortable to give up)
    Nothing too difficult for an idiot like me to install and operate.

I'd also like to thank you for offering this to the Automag community.

im with Don ^^. cant wait! good luck mr garf

Question, will you be to use either the Classic valve or the RT/X-vlave? As the Classic works at a slightly higher pressure? If so, would the LPR be a preset reg, or say a 2 position reg as an example? (I'm probably getting way a head of myself here!)

just out of curiousity, when will you release details on how exactly your frame works? will it use the same basic principle many a DIY'er has been running on? (three way and a spring return actuator) or are you going to hold off on posting technical details until the first run starts to ship?

and are you planing on using another companies lpr standard when mounted internaly? or are you going to use your own model? (just wondering if there will be a place to stuff a scm3 in the frame)

p.s. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force Tech

45 frames would be the main production run.
    well, i'm out.

hopefully there will be demand for a more comfortable frame. i'd love to see a Y-frame, but that's probably just a dream. ATLEAST i'd like to see a 90*.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemKinder
    well, i'm out.

hopefully there will be demand for a more comfortable frame. i'd love to see a Y-frame, but that's probably just a dream. ATLEAST i'd like to see a 90*.

I can assure you if the 45 frame performs, there will be a demand for vert frames and 86 hybrid frames, can't wait....