Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Venomous Designs EP GRIP

Venomous Designs EP GRIP

Venomous Designs EP GRIP " Small limited #'d run"

I would like to introduce venomous designs' answer to the ever popular demand to upgrade automags by retro fitting them with pneumatics and electronics.

The EP Grip was designed to contain and conceal all of the wires, lpr and board while giving easy access to everything. Also having a great location for your membrane pad and led light. This location gives you access while shielding against impact

The EP Grip was intended to be used with any lightly modded rt pro rail. We will offer the service to mod and ule any rt pro rail/ emag rail. " New rails will be available soon"

This is a very comfortable grip and allows great control of your marker, Adds balance to your mag.

This grip is shorter and slightly wider then a emag battery pack

This is a gas thru grip and ready for lpr install.

After we finally decided on the prototype we needed to find someone crazy enough to make it come to life and who better then Jay from Cerberus Innovations.

A small limited and numbered amount will be made.

We are starting a pre order now. reserve your spot.
    i am expecting a 2-4 week time frame and 2-3 weeks longer for anno'd pieces

Extra milling and designs are available.

PRICES

Gloss black with aluminum panel $150
    [/SIZE]
    *all screws are included

Options
    Extra milling - custom designs $ 25 and up
    Extra panel acrylic clear or tinted $5
    tickler lpr, assorted colors * currently not in stock
    Rail milled and ule'd * $ based on amount of work requested
    UTB board * currently not in stock

Shipping "48 states" will be $7 " USPS Delivery confirmation Priority "
    any out of country shipping please pm me

Please send your $50 deposit to t0nnn@yahoo.com

If you have any questions, please ask away
    Last edited by mongoose; 02-02-2009 at 02:33 PM.

reserved for future pics and vids

So would this work well with say... A G-force frame? It looks like it would. In that case, would it be possible for the spot where the on/off pad goes not to be milled out? Simply made just to house a tickler lpr?

just pneu

is this, or will it ever be made just for a pnue kit, to house the Lpr and what not, and say to bolt up to an stock Am/Mm rail. That would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Drifter
    So would this work well with say... A G-force frame? It looks like it would. In that case, would it be possible for the spot where the on/off pad goes not to be milled out? Simply made just to house a tickler lpr?
    it is possible, yes

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBob
    is this, or will it ever be made just for a pnue kit, to house the Lpr and what not, and say to bolt up to an stock Am/Mm rail. That would be nice

It will work just fine as a p-mag

Under the "options" section,... you have a typo.

Should read UTB and not USB.

~ P8nt

Damn guys, I'm really interested in getting one, but the money tree has not been in full bloom for me this fall. Hopefully I can scrounge up something soon for a down payment before they disappear. D:

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    Under the "options" section,... you have a typo.

Should read UTB and not USB.

~ P8nt
    fixed...thanks

pretty much exactly what I was looking for. do you have a few pictures of the ep setup with where the wires will go etc?

sending a pm as well!

Quote Originally Posted by gunangel
    pretty much exactly what I was looking for. do you have a few pictures of the ep setup with where the wires will go etc?

sending a pm as well!
    pm sent

Here is the final version....added a few cuts and removed some extra meat making it lighter.
    Its also slimmer....what do you think?

The space where the Membrane pad is going is:

a) either too long in height and will cover the LED

b) the correct height but doesnt need to be cut around the LED hole (would be an extra cut for the machine and would allow paint or dirt to get behind the membrane pad

c) upside down?? (power button should be on the top,.. making the ribbon cable slot you have show to be on the wrong side) ,.... unless theres a reason for it being that way, that we are not aware of.

The space where the Membrane pad is going is:

a) either too long in height and will cover the LED

b) the correct height but doesnt need to be cut around the LED hole (would be an extra cut for the machine and would allow paint or dirt to get behind the membrane pad

c) upside down?? (power button should be on the top,.. making the ribbon cable slot you have show to be on the wrong side) ,.... unless theres a reason for it being that way, that we are not aware of.
    a) It may appear that way but it wont. there is just enough room for the membrane pad and led light

b) i do not understand exactly what you are saying.... the round hole is for the led light...are you saying it is too big?

c) i wanted the power button on the bottom

Thanks again for sending me that noid

B) What I mean is it looks like you elongated the cut that embosses the membrane pad into the grip (which is what you should do) What I see as a prolonged problem would be that the upper edge of the membrane pad would not have the same embossed edge as the bottom will,... causing an edge to allow paint or what not to get under the top part of the pad.

So say the membrane pad is 1" tall,... it looks like your cut for that pad is longer that 1".

Looks like it was carried up beyond the spot where the LED will go.

Its not a problem with a working product,.. cause it would work the way you have it.

I was thinking of pro-longed useage of the product.

,... and ur welcome for the noid ,.... dont go cracking 26+bps with it though!

~ P8nt

Arrow

Very interested.
    Kudos on a great design. Its great to see new things being released for the Mags. I'm going to place an order on one for sure. It looks like a tickler lpr inside, is the mod specifically designed for an LPR with the same diameter as the tickler, or will larger LPR's work?

Quote Originally Posted by momentumrising
    Very interested.
    Kudos on a great design. Its great to see new things being released for the Mags. I'm going to place an order on one for sure. It looks like a tickler lpr inside, is the mod specifically designed for an LPR with the same diameter as the tickler, or will larger LPR's work?
    I will be testing different lpr's to see if they fit.

when we designed this piece we used a tickler as the guide.

If its wider then a tickler..it will NOT fit.

Dend78 is offline Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose
    If its wider then a tickler..it will NOT fit.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!

this is very cool i may have to pick one up

2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

I got to see this thing yesterday for the first time. It was very comfortable to use as a foregrip, surprisingly. It was also very light, and well thought out. The new version should be even better.

Just a thought. The little V thing I assume is the Venomous Designs Logo. You might want to relocate it so that is more visible. Now it is hidden by the trigger gaurd.

This will be a nice option for those looking into pneumags or the EP Mag

yeah you may as well put the logo on the front slanted piece on the other side. Looks to be just the right size for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz
    Just a thought. The little V thing I assume is the Venomous Designs Logo. You might want to relocate it so that is more visible. Now it is hidden by the trigger gaurd.

This will be a nice option for those looking into pneumags or the EP Mag

i thought about relocating it.....but i didnt know how everyone would feel about it. so i just figured i would semi hide it. i also though about making it light up with the led light...

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose
    . i also though about making it light up with the led light...

There you go.

B) What I mean is it looks like you elongated the cut that embosses the membrane pad into the grip (which is what you should do) What I see as a prolonged problem would be that the upper edge of the membrane pad would not have the same embossed edge as the bottom will,... causing an edge to allow paint or what not to get under the top part of the pad.

So say the membrane pad is 1" tall,... it looks like your cut for that pad is longer that 1".

Looks like it was carried up beyond the spot where the LED will go.

Its not a problem with a working product,.. cause it would work the way you have it.

I was thinking of pro-longed useage of the product.

,... and ur welcome for the noid ,.... dont go cracking 26+bps with it though!

~ P8nt
    Ahh...i do see what your saying.....what do you think of this.........

Thats EXACTLY what I was talking about,.... good on you boss!

Now,... new thing I noticed:

Your LED hole is either backwards,... or too small on the exterior cut.

If your using the stock LED,.. the hole should be SLIGHTLY larger than 5mm (to allow for anno).

Im sure you know that some of your cuts are 90 degree corners as well,... they need to be rounded out for machining purposes. (not that I knew that when I started out,.. just that I made the mistake a few times before! )

Your making some great progress MG,... keep it up!

~ P8nt

Thats EXACTLY what I was talking about,.... good on you boss!

Now,... new thing I noticed:

Your LED hole is either backwards,... or too small on the exterior cut.

If your using the stock LED,.. the hole should be SLIGHTLY larger than 5mm (to allow for anno).

Im sure you know that some of your cuts are 90 degree corners as well,... they need to be rounded out for machining purposes. (not that I knew that when I started out,.. just that I made the mistake a few times before! )

Your making some great progress MG,... keep it up!

~ P8nt

thanks for the nice words!

the interior hole for the led is 5.15 mm
    the exterior recessed hole is just to give the led a better look.

The pre order will stay open for one more week...unless i sell out before that.

there will only be a total of 15-20 made....and a few are already gone......grab them while you still can!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask

I know that this is already far along, but what about a vertical lpr?

[QUOTE=DanMan]I know that this is already far along, but what about a vertical lpr?[/QUOTE

i had over 40+ designs of this ep grip many with a vertical lpr...but it proved to be difficult as far as machining cost, weight, and with the new design the bottom macro fitting will be straight and mostly hide inside the grip, so the macro line could possibly interfere with the lpr.

where it is now..leaves it hidden from shots, clear from any dirt." when crawling around"
    and very easy to adjust....... But i am working on a design " thanks to cyberaves great idea" to have the lpr at a angle, almost vertical......but that all depends on how well this one is received.

If anyone wants to draw up a design....i would love to see what many of you have in mind....hey if i like it and do another run.....yours will be the first one and FREE

That looks really great MONGOOSE, I sent you a PM for deposit info...

Future Project Idea: What are the chances that you could design a "Gas-thru" E-Mag Battery Case, based on the lines of this "EP Grip"?
    Last edited by Silverback; 11-14-2008 at 02:37 PM.