Thread: x valve not working right

Question x valve not working right

i just got an x-valve and it shoots three times then it short strokes. and the reactive trigger only works partially. i tried adjusting the sear and all the orings and such seem to be alll there. please help.

what is your total setup? what tank are you using? did you put a ULT in it? or is it still the stock on/off?
    2k2 Angel LCD
    turbo trigger
    CP volumizer
    PIPE KIT

2k Angel CnC LCD
    Vert Frame
    Freak Barrel

B2k x-milled
    micro rock
    Dye sticky 3's
    vertical max-flo
    Edge barrel with blue J&J tip

Egg 2 y board
    Empire Reloader
    Dye Throttle 91/4500
    Crossfire 114ci/3000
    Angel Air Reg

Yes, you need about 900 psi out of your bottle for a reactive trigger if you're not playing with the on/off.

If it's new, it may just need some oil and paint through it. They don't come from the factory heavily lubed and the level 10 bolt can be a little tight. You could adjust it, but it will probably loosen up later. Try a little oring grease on the bolt where it rides the level 10 oring, that may give it enough to let it wear in.

its not new unless he got another one its the one i sold to him , i had that thing tuned up fairly nicely for my setup. but yeah you need a high output 900-1000 is ideal thats why i was askin about the tank.

i have a 48/3000 cheap pure energy tank. don't know what the psi output is. could this be my problem? and it has the stock on/off

Chrono your gun and make sure it's above 270.

yep 280-285

Try bumping up the FPS to 300. (for testing only)

Are you shooting fast strings? Can it shoot 4 bps ok? Are you trying to shoot it as fast as you can?

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Trucker
    i just got an x-valve and it shoots three times then it short strokes. and the reactive trigger only works partially. i tried adjusting the sear and all the orings and such seem to be alll there. please help.
    Make sure the sear rod is almost touching the back of the trigger when the gun is gassed up and the trigger is forward. If it is touching, you could short stroke. If you can feel a bit of kick on the trigger when you fire, then the reactive trigger is working properly.

The short stoking is most likely bolt stick caused by your level 10 carrier being too tight.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

i can shoot 3bps, and how do i get the bolt to quit sticking

How much do you know about the level 10 and the on/off assembly?

A sticking bolt is caused by an improperly tuned level 10. Remove all the shims. Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Always use the same white carrier oring when changing carriers.

Make sure your bottle regulator is allowing a high air flow to the valve. A sluggish tank valve can have an affect on your gun's ability to recharge fast enough between shots.