Thread: Technical evlution question

Technical evlution question

This question is posed to people who have seen the inside of an evlution. I purchased one online used, and when i got it, it did not work at all. I tried new batteries and everything. So I got out the electrical tester to hunt down the problem. I also e-mailed the guy I got it from, and he claimed that it worked when he had it. So upon careful inspection of the board, I noticed that the green, red, and one of the white wires in the plug that goes to the motor, are cut, and that there is nothing soldered onto the board where it is labeled J3. I was thinking that this could be the problem so I asked the guy about it, and he denied ever having done anything to it, and ignored further e-mails. So my question for people who can pop open their evlution real fast. Is there anything soldered to the board (of a functional evlution) in the J3 spot? and are there more than 2 wires (1 red and 1 white) connected in the plug to the motor?
    AIM 'thlibo'
    E-mail myoung.cmpe03@gtalmuni.org

my feedback thread:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57863&highlight=thlibo

The only wires that are used are the red & white ones. You may want to double check that both halves of the 'electric eye' are pointing at one another. If they got misaligned, the eVLution won't spin. Had this happen to me.

Hey...how's that for speed? An answer 7 minutes after you asked it.

Heh, thanks man. Yea, as near as I can tell the eyes are pointing at each other.

On yours, are there a white, green and yellow wire sticking out about 1/16 of an inch from the plug to the motor? Also, is there anything soldered onto J3, because it looks like something used to be there?

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by thlibo
    Heh, thanks man. Yea, as near as I can tell the eyes are pointing at each other.

On yours, are there a white, green and yellow wire sticking out about 1/16 of an inch from the plug to the motor? Also, is there anything soldered onto J3, because it looks like something used to be there?

Thanks for your help.
    No problem...as for your other questions, they'll have to wait. I lent my Egg out to a friend this weekend for one of his partners in a 3 man tourney to use. Actually, it was a fellow AOer who shoots an RT Pro. They didn't do so well in the final rankings (DOH!), but won the sportsmanship prize and got a J&J 2 stepped barrel. J&J's boomstick clone I think. Not sure though. Haven't seen it yet since they just had the tourney today.

Ok man, I would greatly appreciate you taking a look at that when you get a chance, and just letting me know.

Thanks for your help.

anyone else have access to an evlution?