Iím a school teacher, and itís a snow day, so Iím a little bored. Therefore, Iíve decided to host a BPS Contest!
Why am I doing this? Well, Iíve only recently acquired a gun thatís walkable, so Iíve had to teach myself this skill, and Iíve really wondered many times just how fast some people are. If you happen to be one of those fast people, nowís your chance to prove it!
Fastest Fingers Definition:
The winner of this contest will be the person who has the highest average BPS over five seconds of sustained shooting.
Now, anyone can say theyíre fast. I want proof!
In order to enter this contest, you must take a video of yourself shooting your gun.
- The video must show at least 5 seconds of sustained shooting.
- The video should be up close and personal, like this. (I need to be able to see your your fingers on the trigger.)
- You do not need to shoot paint. (This might change if someone can convince me why.)
- This is PURE SEMI ONLY. No ramping BS.
When you post your video, it would be nice if you could say your average BPS. If you can't figure it out, then I'll do it for you, but it might take a while.
You must be an established AO member to participate. That means you have at least 50 posts, or you've been around for at least six months (since lots of people troll, mostly). I just don't want a bunch of aggs jumping on from PBN just to win a stupid little contest.
Originally, there were only two categories: double-trigger walking, and single-trigger shooting. Now, we're changing things up. When you submit your entry, be sure to mention what category it's in.
- all-mech (pneumags, ULT mags, etc)
- classic mags (single triggers only!)
Originally, I was going to say the prize was just going to be bragging rights, but that might not be enough to draw people out. So, how about a ďFastest Fingers on AOĒ T-shirt? Iíll even make it myself! (If anyone else has a good idea, or is willing to help out with this, let me know. If there's enough support, maybe we can offer prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.)
It will take people a while to get videos made, so I'll leave this contest open until March 1st. After that, I'm gonna double-check people's videos to make sure they're being honest, and then I'll announce a winner.
How do you figure out your BPS?
Once you have the video, here's one way to figure out your average BPS.
1. Download a free audio program like Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).
2. Play your shooting video on your computer.
3. While playing the video, record a .wav file (you can use Windows Sound Recorder, if you want).
4. When you open this sound recording file in Audacity, you can see a visualization of the sound wavesÖ like this.
5. Count the number of big spikes (which indicate your shots) in five seconds. Then, divide that total number by 5. That will give you an average BPS.
bolter = 15.8
mongoose = 15.4
BAZOOKA_Boy = 15
drg = 14
atm743 = 13.6
Caboose = 13.4
dixieoutfitter98 = 13.3 (only a three-second sample)
tebo = 11.6
t0nnn = 12 bps
mongoose = 11?
pneumagger = 11 (low quality video, though)
jade_monkey = 9.6
rawbutter = 8