Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastest Fingers Contest

Exclamation Fastest Fingers Contest

I’m a school teacher, and it’s a snow day, so I’m a little bored. Therefore, I’ve decided to host a BPS Contest!

Why am I doing this? Well, I’ve only recently acquired a gun that’s walkable, so I’ve had to teach myself this skill, and I’ve really wondered many times just how fast some people are. If you happen to be one of those fast people, now’s your chance to prove it!

Fastest Fingers Definition:
    The winner of this contest will be the person who has the highest average BPS over five seconds of sustained shooting.

Rules:

Now, anyone can say they’re fast. I want proof!

In order to enter this contest, you must take a video of yourself shooting your gun.
    • The video must show at least 5 seconds of sustained shooting.
    • The video should be up close and personal, like this. (I need to be able to see your your fingers on the trigger.)
    • You do not need to shoot paint. (This might change if someone can convince me why.)
    • This is PURE SEMI ONLY. No ramping BS.

When you post your video, it would be nice if you could say your average BPS. If you can't figure it out, then I'll do it for you, but it might take a while.

You must be an established AO member to participate. That means you have at least 50 posts, or you've been around for at least six months (since lots of people troll, mostly). I just don't want a bunch of aggs jumping on from PBN just to win a stupid little contest.

Categories:
    Originally, there were only two categories: double-trigger walking, and single-trigger shooting. Now, we're changing things up. When you submit your entry, be sure to mention what category it's in.
    • electric
    • all-mech (pneumags, ULT mags, etc)
    • classic mags (single triggers only!)
    • pumps!

Prizes:
    Originally, I was going to say the prize was just going to be bragging rights, but that might not be enough to draw people out. So, how about a “Fastest Fingers on AO” T-shirt? I’ll even make it myself! (If anyone else has a good idea, or is willing to help out with this, let me know. If there's enough support, maybe we can offer prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.)

Deadline:
    It will take people a while to get videos made, so I'll leave this contest open until March 1st. After that, I'm gonna double-check people's videos to make sure they're being honest, and then I'll announce a winner.

How do you figure out your BPS?
    Once you have the video, here's one way to figure out your average BPS.
    1. Download a free audio program like Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).
    2. Play your shooting video on your computer.
    3. While playing the video, record a .wav file (you can use Windows Sound Recorder, if you want).
    4. When you open this sound recording file in Audacity, you can see a visualization of the sound waves… like this.

5. Count the number of big spikes (which indicate your shots) in five seconds. Then, divide that total number by 5. That will give you an average BPS.

Current Contestants:

Electric
    bolter = 15.8
    mongoose = 15.4
    BAZOOKA_Boy = 15
    drg = 14
    atm743 = 13.6
    Caboose = 13.4
    dixieoutfitter98 = 13.3 (only a three-second sample)
    tebo = 11.6

All-mech
    t0nnn = 12 bps
    mongoose = 11?
    pneumagger = 11 (low quality video, though)
    jade_monkey = 9.6
    rawbutter = 8

Classic mags

Pumps!
    Last edited by rawbutter; 03-16-2008 at 01:13 PM.

time to dust off the ol' autotriggered pump...

does it have to be mags only? or can i use my blackcell ion? I will hopefully have a vid up after this weekend lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thahouse
    does it have to be mags only? or can i use my blackcell ion? I will hopefully have a vid up after this weekend lol.
    Doesn't have to be a mag.

Thanks for the link, Behemoth. Wow.... Lohman put WAY more thought into his contest than I did.

I think I still want to run this, though. First of all, there's mention in the previous contest that the turnout wasn't too great. Secondly, Lohmanns contest was over two years ago. A lot of people have come and gone since then, so I think it's high time for another contest.

I'll be modifying some of the rules, though... that's for sure.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=utcWZA9OIeE

if somebody could goldwave it then thanks but I recon its about 13.

I was out of paint too soon but you get the idea. My timmy showed the bps and the fastest I ever got was 16.

I've updated the rules, so if you've already seen this contest, you may need to reread the first post. The only really big thing I changed was the definition of BPS. Instead of capturing a single second, contestants will need to show me an average BPS over five seconds of video.

You definitely need to edit your post to include some of Lohman's rules, but sounds awesome! You should make categories, including classic mag, all-mech, all-electro, cocker (boo(jk)), OC pump, SC pump, etc. I'm going to go make a video right now of me firing a frameless nelson. I'll offer $5 to anyone that can beat me in my category (OC nelson without frame). :P

Quote Originally Posted by questionful
    You should make categories, including classic mag, all-mech, all-electro, cocker (boo(jk)), OC pump, SC pump, etc.
    You got it! (Um... but what's the difference between SC pump and OC pump?

I hope you can back up that $5 bet!

Quote Originally Posted by dixieoutfitter94
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=utcWZA9OIeE

if somebody could goldwave it then thanks but I recon its about 13.

I was out of paint too soon but you get the idea. My timmy showed the bps and the fastest I ever got was 16.
    Thanks for the entry. Technically, I should really have you submit a new one since I changed the rules. You need 5 seconds of shooting, while your video only shows three full seconds.

I'll take your entry for the time being, though. If there's a close call, I may ask you to redo it just to prove yourself. For the record, your guess was right. You averaged 13.3bps over 3 seconds.

Alright..... I'm going to offer up my own entry for the amusement of all.

More importantly, I'd like other contestants to view this entry as a model. This is what I want you to do.

Here's my video:
    http://www.rawbutter.com/images/paintball/shooting.wmv
    It's close up so you can see all the action, and it's at least 5 seconds long.

My BPS average? 8. (Pathetic... I know. I did max out at 12 once or twice, but I just can't sustain it.)

Alright... who can shoot better than me!?
    Last edited by rawbutter; 01-29-2008 at 03:47 PM.

well funny thing is i just posted on another site a cpl vids of exactly this.
    well here goes

this is my mech entry

and here is my electro

cute teddy bear
    t33kyboy "So if a cat is dropped from 11 inches, it will most likely die."

lol.....we were in my little sisters room!!!!!

Heres my entry for mech, Ult
    Click here to watch "Bps-test"
    as far as i can tell my average was 9 or 9.5. can someone else verify this?
    my peak in another video was 14 but i cant sustain that very long

im going to try again later when i get more air i was down to 700 psi in that vid
    Last edited by jade_monkey07; 01-18-2008 at 03:59 PM.

now I need to get out my super cocker out and show you how to double trigger walk :P ok, ok, it will probably only hit 17 if I am on a good day, and I bet if this is up long enough, that will get beat pretty easy :P My emag is just a little too slow, and I suck at walking the stock double trigger...

though my pnuemag, that might show some mechs how to roll...

now I am jsut talking to talk, and reserve a spot for when I finally film some vids of my mech and electro's shooting

should have a video up on sunday or monday. I need to get my new pm5 all setup.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter
    Thanks for the entry. Technically, I should really have you submit a new one since I changed the rules. You need 5 seconds of shooting, while your video only shows three full seconds.

I'll take your entry for the time being, though. If there's a close call, I may ask you to redo it just to prove yourself. For the record, your guess was right. You averaged 13.3bps over 3 seconds.
    You absolutely cannot accept that entry, even though it's probably legit; it doesn't show the shooter firing in any way during the string, let alone showing verifiable finger action. Also the sustainability of any particular BPS over 3 seconds is hugely different from 5 seconds.

Also, audacity can record audio directly using the record function.

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    You absolutely cannot accept that entry, even though it's probably legit; it doesn't show the shooter firing in any way during the string, let alone showing verifiable finger action. Also the sustainability of any particular BPS over 3 seconds is hugely different from 5 seconds.

Also, audacity can record audio directly using the record function.
    I will try to make a new video tommorrow.

Are you familiar with teh stock v2 fusion board? It has no bounce ajustment and the speed is either 15 or 25. It was goldwaved at 13.3 so yes, it is deffinately in semi.
    Last edited by dixieoutfitter94; 01-17-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dixieoutfitter94
    Are you familiar with teh stock v2 fusion board? It has no bounce ajustment and the speed is either 15 or 25. It was goldwaved at 13.3 so yes, it is deffinately in semi.
    Doesn't matter.

By the way, rawbutter, as for reason to require shooting paint ... the only thing I can think of is that it removes any question of practicality. It is conceivable that a person may get a gun to dryfire faster by holding it in a completely impractical way (for the sake of example, backwards) or by not even holding it perhaps (i.e. triggering it while lying on a table).

rawbutter... unless someone knows otherwise, my Ego won't cycle more than 15bps with the eyes off, hence I need to shoot paint. I know I can peak at like 22, but sustain 17 or 18.

Also, are you limiting number of fingers you can use?

i will post a new vid of my p-mag...i dont think i had a 5 sec run

.....alotta talking but i dont see any vids....

Chaos_Theory! Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blizpaintball42
    I know I can peak at like 22, but sustain 17 or 18.
    I doubt it but make a vid and prove me wrong.

Even with solid rules and stuff its nearly impossible to be sure people arent cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Theory!
    I doubt it but make a vid and prove me wrong.

Even with solid rules and stuff its nearly impossible to be sure people arent cheating.
    Will do as soon as the girlfriend gets home.

Mongoose, thanks for the entry. I’ll figure out the BPS tonight when I’m home.

I’m assuming you’re talking about dixieoutfitter, and I agree. The video isn’t good enough to show his shooting. Like I said, if dixie becomes a serious contender, then I’ll require that he reshoot the video.

By the way, rawbutter, as for reason to require shooting paint ... the only thing I can think of is that it removes any question of practicality. It is conceivable that a person may get a gun to dryfire faster by holding it in a completely impractical way (for the sake of example, backwards) or by not even holding it perhaps (i.e. triggering it while lying on a table).
    I’m following your logic, but I think we can all judge fairly what’s practical and what’s not. If someone offers up a video with them shooting in a way that’s impossible in a game, I’ll obviously disqualify it.

I really don’t want to make it a rule that you have to be shooting paint, and the reason why is because of videos like what Mongoose submitted. He was shooting inside, where it was easy and convenient to make a video. When you’re actually shooting paint, you have to haul everything outside (if you live somewhere that you can shoot outside), or you have to wait until you’re at a field. If you don’t have to shoot paint to offer up an entry, I think we’ll have a lot more videos to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Theory!
    Maybe I’m wrong, but I was kinda hoping that everyone would just be honest. I mean, we’re not shooting for a huge prize. It’s just bragging rights (and maybe a cheaply made T-shirt). I’ll look at the potential winners real closely (and I’m sure everyone else will too), but most people on AO strike me as the honest sort who wouldn’t cheat and lie about something like this.

Alright.... enough talk. Let's see some more videos!

Rawbutter...are you iceman on the other forum
    funny that we were thinking alike yesterday " although u did beat me to it" lol

i'm just intrested in how fast people can shoot in semi...how did the winner do in the last contest years back??? becouse i dont think 20 bps in semi is possible

So what about RT mags?