Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Fingers Contest

ok, I can make another vid later on, I will go all the way outside then, I was just in the back of my garage, as its like 26 degrees outside...freaking cold for Oregon (I know its colder almost everywhere else :P) plus it doesn't help that I tried to make it when my fingers were frozen and a little sluggish from working on getting some anno stuff moved to my bigger and more temperature controlled location

Awhile ago I made this vid. Sorry for the webcam, that's all I had at the time and youtube made it even worse looking. If I can find my old drives, I'll dig up the godwave pics.
    Throughout the string the fastest full second was a 14cps sustained. The fastest burst in it (quickest 2 consecutive peaks) was 17.2bps.

Boy it's awfully hard to confirm 1 shot/1 pull in that video ...

if you mean me, yea, it may seem that way till you know that it doesn't fire on the trigger pull, but on the release, thats the only way the micro switch I had worked, and I have just gone with it, it feels a little strange at first, though when you really start shooting it, it is a very nice feel, that, and the timmy frame/trigger really help me also

Quote Originally Posted by BAZOOKA_Boy
    if you mean me, yea, it may seem that way till you know that it doesn't fire on the trigger pull, but on the release, thats the only way the micro switch I had worked, and I have just gone with it, it feels a little strange at first, though when you really start shooting it, it is a very nice feel, that, and the timmy frame/trigger really help me also
    Actually i was referring to pneumagger's ...

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    Actually i was referring to pneumagger's ...

I know it's got a crap frame rate (I think 15frame/sec) and If i'm pulling near 15 and the frame rate is 15 then there's not going to be smooth movement... but it is legit. Here is the link to the original thread a long time ago: LINK HERE . I found an old pics in my photobucket here's a 1 second clip from that string. The fastest portion came towards the middle of the primary long string.

Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger

I know it's got a crap frame rate (I think 15frame/sec) and If i'm pulling near 15 and the frame rate is 15 then there's not going to be smooth movement... but it is legit. Here is the link to the original thread a long time ago: LINK HERE . I found an old pics in my photobucket here's a 1 second clip from that string. The fastest portion came towards the middle of the primary long string.

Unfortnately, the whole point of this thread is to "show your work" as it were ... if the video is insufficient to show the required information, then it cannot be counted. I would think you might want a more consistent 5 seconds anyway for an official entry.

BTW, rawbutter ... how do you feel as far as the practicality test with this one?

I think the point of the video is more a "proof it's you shooting". Anyone can post a pic of some goldwave they found and claim they shot that fast. It's called fastest fingers contest... not best film award. It's a 15fps webcam and it's all i own... I don't feel a silly contest is just worth my purchasing a new camcorder. If you're doubting the validity that it is real video or it's altered then I guess your doubts are reasonable, as I clearly spend times recording and editing things a year and a half in advance of some thread I plan to post them in for fame and fortune.

The audio is plenty good enough to hear and use GW to analyze at least a full 1 second sample. I would record a better sample for you with my silly camera, but I do not currently have an electro or mech I could use.

Clearly, the point is whether you are getting one shot per pull, that's been a basic requirement of these contents ... Your video does not show how fast your fingers are at all. The camera simply does not have enough framerate. Unfortunate, but the whole point of video proof is just that -- proof.

It's not to see who is shooting, heck most of them don't have a face in them.

Unfortnately, the whole point of this thread is to "show your work" as it were ... if the video is insufficient to show the required information, then it cannot be counted. I would think you might want a more consistent 5 seconds anyway for an official entry.

BTW, rawbutter ... how do you feel as far as the practicality test with this one?
    I get your point, drg, but I have to side with pneumagger. These aren't the Golden Globes... we're all just showing off how fast (or slow) we can shoot.

Bottom line is that I trust pneumagger. He's been here a long time and he's personally helped me out with stuff. If he says it's him shooting the gun on pure semi, I'm gonna trust that, even though the video may be sub-par.

And that goes for everyone else too. Unless I have a good reason not to, I'm going to assume people are being honest. Besides, analyzing videos to look closely at finger movement is way more work than I'm willing to do.

Pneumagger.... I'll get to your video tonight when I'm home and confirm your bps. I can't see the video here at work, even during lunch break.

I don't feel a silly contest is just worth my purchasing a new camcorder.

My sentiments exactly. I'm just glad you entered something.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter
    I get your point, drg, but I have to side with pneumagger. These aren't the Golden Globes... we're all just showing off how fast (or slow) we can shoot.

Bottom line is that I trust pneumagger. He's been here a long time and he's personally helped me out with stuff. If he says it's him shooting the gun on pure semi, I'm gonna trust that, even though the video may be sub-par.

And that goes for everyone else too. Unless I have a good reason not to, I'm going to assume people are being honest. Besides, analyzing videos to look closely at finger movement is way more work than I'm willing to do.

Pneumagger.... I'll get to your video tonight when I'm home and confirm your bps. I can't see the video here at work, even during lunch break.
    Well, that's unfortunate. It's the same problem that marred the last contest.

The thing is people can completely truthfully believe they are pulling an honest number and not be. It's not hard for a few balls of trigger bounce to slip by undetected when you are running flat out.

At any rate, my analysis of that video gets 11 bps on the dot.
    Last edited by drg; 01-23-2008 at 12:54 PM.

The thing is people can completely truthfully believe they are pulling an honest number and not be. It's not hard for a few balls of trigger bounce to slip by undetected when you are running flat out.

At any rate, my analysis of that video gets 11 bps on the dot.
    well i just wanna say that he is using a pnuemag...and there is no bounce with them.
    all you can do is semi.
    vids good with me

I don't see it being that big of a deal.

The big difference between this contest and the last one is that we're not playing for money... and I think that's significant. The grand prize for the last contest was almost $100, whereas here we're just competing for bragging rights.

So, I'm really not expecting dishonesty from people. I mean... c'mon. Is there anyone out there who's so pathetic that they're going to spend all the time and energy to make a fake video just for some self-esteem points through an Internet paintball forum?

Alright... let's get this contest back on topic. Let's see some more shooting!!!
    Last edited by rawbutter; 01-23-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Could I submit another entry? I found another trigger adjustment screw that made my pull much easier. If not that alright.

Quote Originally Posted by tebo
    Could I submit another entry? I found another trigger adjustment screw that made my pull much easier. If not that alright.
    Go for it. (I might be doing the same thing in a week or two after I get in some practice. I doubt I'll be able to catch mongoose, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose
    well i just wanna say that he is using a pnuemag...and there is no bounce with them.
    all you can do is semi.
    vids good with me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBs9SPy3cMM

I don't see it being that big of a deal.

The big difference between this contest and the last one is that we're not playing for money... and I think that's significant. The grand prize for the last contest was almost $100, whereas here we're just competing for bragging rights.

So, I'm really not expecting dishonesty from people. I mean... c'mon. Is there anyone out there who's so pathetic that they're going to spend all the time and energy to make a fake video just for some self-esteem points through an Internet paintball forum?

Alright... let's get this contest back on topic. Let's see some more shooting!!!
    As I said, there could be no malice involved at all, someone could just be honestly mistaken. I happen to actually believe Pneumagger's video is legitimate, it's not showing anything too outrageous, HOWEVER, the whole point of asking for a video is to have visual proof ... If you start making exceptions, you lose legitimacy and might as well just have people submit sound clips or take their word on a BPS number.

This is the *exact* same issue we had last time, the winning video was filmed at 15 fps and did not show one shot, one pull. At nearly 16 bps it was a little harder call to make to say the benefit of the doubt should be given, especially when every other entry conformed to the rules.

Think about this -- the last one was two years ago and we are STILL talking about it, these things tend to become part of the lore, as it were. It's important to cross your "t"s and dot your "i"s.
    Last edited by drg; 01-23-2008 at 06:49 PM.

I don't see why pneumagger can't just make another video using a real camera? Surely he at least knows someone who has a camera that can take at 30 fps?

It's not like we're shooting paint, so it's not expensive to do video after video after video (unlike last time). I think that seeing as there are also a lot more contestants this time around, if it doesn't conform to the rules, it's going to be a sore point.
    you know you play this game too much when the neighbors stop fixing their broken windows...

Well, my analysis of pneumagger's video confirms drg's 11bps count. There were some much higher bursts, but there were also lots of gaps over the best five second clip that brought down the average.

Now... Is the video itself good enough to be considered "proof" that pneumagger was shooting that fast? Probably not. When I was commenting before, I was at work where I actually couldn't view the video. It is rather grainy. Of course I believe that pneumagger is honest, but if I accept his entry, then I have to accept anyone else's entry that happens to be a little less than par.

So, all of you need to go out and buy new $500 camcorders in order to participate in this contest. Oh, and by the way, the prize for winning this contest is still nothing.

Now, I shall laugh at myself and everyone else who actually thought for one second that I was serious about that comment.

Here's what I'm really going to do. Since this contest is for bragging rights and nothing else, I'm going to add pneumagger's name and his 11bps to the list on the first page. I really don't care how crappy his video was. Why? Because I trust him. Pneumagger's built a rock-solid reputation here over the years, so I'm not going to doubt his video. And even if I did doubt his video and ask him to make another, it wouldn't do any good, because pneumagger is smart enough to realize the true intent and purpose of this "contest," and he wouldn't make another video just because I told him to. Personally, I'm kinda flattered that he took the time to show off any video at all, even one that's over a year old.

Therefore, I'm going to politely ask everyone else to stop mucking up my thread. Let's get back on topic. I haven't seen nearly enough videos yet. Isn't there someone out there who can show us how to do 8 bps on a classic? That's something I want to see.

I seem to remember pneumagger saying that this was runaway, not trigger bounce. He'll have to comment on that, though. It's his vid, after all.

I seem to remember pneumagger saying that this was runaway, not trigger bounce. He'll have to comment on that, though. It's his vid, after all.
    Regardless of what it is, it's not straight semi, so whoever said pneumags are strictly semi is wrong. BTW aren't runaway and bounce synonymous?

Edited, thanks Pneumagger.
    Last edited by drg; 01-23-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Look, that vid I posted is 1.5yrs old. If I or anyone else had discovered a way to make a controllable full auto pneumatic frame that only fired 13-17 bps doncha think news would have spread by now? I would've patented and sold the idea by now and we'd all be using them.

A pneumatic frame either:
    a) doesn't work
    b) skips shots or short strokes
    c) runs nicely in semi
    d) goes full auto runaway 30-40 bps as fast as the valve allows.

If it's going to be a big deal you don't have to accept the vid. I just saw the thread in one of the random days I browse here and dug up the old vid.

Fairly sure it's basically sweetspotting the LPR to make the gun rapid fire. Regardless of what it is, it's not straight semi, so whoever said pneumags are strictly semi is wrong. BTW aren't runaway and bounce synonymous?
    I'm fairly sure it's just an xvalve with the brass reg seat removed. I'm also fairly sure any mag (mech or pneu) will do that without the seat.

Look, that vid I posted is 1.5yrs old.
    The age of the video proves nothing, my video is over 2 years old. As I said eariler, I even believe yours is perfectly legitimate. However it doesn't conform to any particular standard.

That's nothing personal. I'm just asking for consistency. Surely you can see the value in that.

I'm fairly sure it's just an xvalve with the brass reg seat removed. I'm also fairly sure any mag (mech or pneu) will do that without the seat.
    Thanks for that clarification.
    Last edited by drg; 01-23-2008 at 11:19 PM.

Here's blazestorm's video from a while back ... just for kicks
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eZAHFNJhY6Y

damn I need to adjust my trigger so I can catch a Mongoose... :P that and make a vid with less echo...and to everyone fighting over standards, just make new vids with strings longer than 5 seconds, and everyone QUIT FIGHTING, its just a bragging rights contest, not end all be all who is fastest!

Quote Originally Posted by BAZOOKA_Boy
    and to everyone fighting over standards, just make new vids with strings longer than 5 seconds, and everyone QUIT FIGHTING, its just a bragging rights contest, not end all be all who is fastest!
    Amen.

Look, that vid I posted is 1.5yrs old. If I or anyone else had discovered a way to make a controllable full auto pneumatic frame that only fired 13-17 bps doncha think news would have spread by now? I would've patented and sold the idea by now and we'd all be using them.

A pneumatic frame either:
    a) doesn't work
    b) skips shots or short strokes
    c) runs nicely in semi
    d) goes full auto runaway 30-40 bps as fast as the valve allows.

If it's going to be a big deal you don't have to accept the vid. I just saw the thread in one of the random days I browse here and dug up the old vid.

well said.
    thanks for sharing your work....i am a fan

Here's blazestorm's video from a while back ... just for kicks
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eZAHFNJhY6Y
    Wow. That's insane.