Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Fingers Contest

Any more vids out there!!!!

Im gonna do one on Sunday. Watch this space

Edit: we have a PACT timer aswell
    Last edited by Bolter; 02-20-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    Bolter
    Storm Uk

for the pump division........autotriggers or no autotriggers?...............pump return springs or no pump return springs?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7cga3s

ok try this out. I reckon 16ish although apparently I only shoot for 4.92seconds so, I hope you can be lenient?

I have another video aswell if not.

Edit: Im no good with goldwave and things like that if anyone could help me out?
    Last edited by Bolter; 02-24-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pump
    for the pump division........autotriggers or no autotriggers?...............pump return springs or no pump return springs?
    I would just ask that you specify everything.

well ill do one of each...just to see how fast i can

BTW the heavier the return spring the easier it is to shoot fast

Quote Originally Posted by Bolter
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/7cga3s

ok try this out. I reckon 16ish although apparently I only shoot for 4.92seconds so, I hope you can be lenient?

I have another video aswell if not.

Edit: Im no good with goldwave and things like that if anyone could help me out?
    Dang, Bolter.... that's one HUGE file. I'm glad you finally got a video in, though. And I'll let the .08 seconds slide. That's like... what, maybe one extra shot in five seconds?

Anyway, you did 79 shots in 4.92 seconds, which comes out at 15.8 bps. Quite nice. Nice enough for 1st place, anyway.

Sorry, mongoose.

Quote Originally Posted by pump
    well ill do one of each...just to see how fast i can

BTW the heavier the return spring the easier it is to shoot fast
    I get it... so the heavier spring is like a reactive trigger. I can't wait to see the video. It will be the first pump entry. (Heck... it might be the only pump entry.)

not reactive.....just helps push it forward......now a reactive pump would be messed up

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter
    Dang, Bolter.... that's one HUGE file. I'm glad you finally got a video in, though. And I'll let the .08 seconds slide. That's like... what, maybe one extra shot in five seconds?

Anyway, you did 79 shots in 4.92 seconds, which comes out at 15.8 bps. Quite nice. Nice enough for 1st place, anyway.

Sorry, mongoose.
    Cool. I think I can go faster aswell. I certainly used to be faster anyways.

I'll PM you a link to youtube when I get the other video uploaded. Theres a at the end, so I wont post it here.

nice job bolter...looks like i need to do another vid!!

You guys should have someone do slow mo videos as well of the submitted contestants.

In the even that someone tried to use a ramping setting,... you would not know they were using it unless you could see the finger hit the trigger and see the audio spike.

Its really the ONLY way to proove the validity of true semi.

~ P8nt

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose
    nice job bolter...looks like i need to do another vid!!
    Go for it! A bit of competition never hurt anyone

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me
    You guys should have someone do slow mo videos as well of the submitted contestants.

In the even that someone tried to use a ramping setting,... you would not know they were using it unless you could see the finger hit the trigger and see the audio spike.

~ P8nt

there is a slowmow of my video somewhere in this thread!!

~ P8nt
    You're probably right. Care to volunteer to do all the slow-mo work?

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose
    there is a slowmow of my video somewhere in this thread!!

No no,... i mean take a video of you ACTUALLY SHOOTING FAST,... then slow it down.

Not "this is how I normally fire".

C'mon,.. u knew it was comming!

~ P8nt

You're probably right. Care to volunteer to do all the slow-mo work?

Nah,... Im too busy trying to proove my Ego actually shoots 41bps (according to the board LCD)

Let me see if I can find a video of me shooting my SFT,..... someone will cry ramping on that gun for sure.

~ P8nt

No no,... i mean take a video of you ACTUALLY SHOOTING FAST,... then slow it down.

Not "this is how I normally fire".

C'mon,.. u knew it was comming!

~ P8nt
    ...very funny!!!

i have a vid and i want to know how fast it is, the quality isnt great but you can see my fingers moving and you can hear the gun just fine

Were you shooting paint?
    Last edited by Bolter; 03-02-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling

no but i had been shooting paint that fast all day, that was in the chrono station at my field

Quote Originally Posted by t_boneshacone
    i have a vid and i want to know how fast it is, the quality isnt great but you can see my fingers moving and you can hear the gun just fine

Thanks for the video, but there's a LOT of interference in the sound capture. It looks like you're shooting somewhere in the 15-16 bps range, but I really can't be 100% sure. There's just too much noise. (Maybe the camera is too close to the gun and it's picking up trigger sounds?)

I made a video with my ion and got 14 bps, goldwaved. I had two cameras one for my stream of paint the other for my fingers. Unfortunately my fingers pulling the trigger slowly moved out of the second cameras view. Here is the video though.http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...=ionvideo1.flv

Thanks for the video, but there's a LOT of interference in the sound capture. It looks like you're shooting somewhere in the 15-16 bps range, but I really can't be 100% sure. There's just too much noise. (Maybe the camera is too close to the gun and it's picking up trigger sounds?)
    I dont think the gun is cycling properly.

Did I win a t-shirt?

i'd like to enter this for mech class

Did I win a t-shirt?
    I take it not

Quote Originally Posted by tebo
    I made a video with my ion and got 14 bps, goldwaved. I had two cameras one for my stream of paint the other for my fingers. Unfortunately my fingers pulling the trigger slowly moved out of the second cameras view. Here is the video though.http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...=ionvideo1.flv
    Yeah... I got 13.8... 14bps from that vid. I don't think I can accept it into the contest, though, since we can't see you shooting the gun. We need to be able to see the trigger pulls.

Did I win a t-shirt?
    Haha.... I forgot about the T-shirt promise... and the March "ending" date. But I'll definitely make you a T-shirt.

Sorry for taking so long to check this thread. The last few weeks have been insanely busy.

And for everyone else, I'm definitely not considering this thread closed. I don't think the "contest" part ever took off, but if you ever just want to post a video just because you're curious how fast you're actually shooting, then go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by t0nnn
    i'd like to enter this for mech class

12bps is your best 5-sec average... which is good enough for first place. Mongoose is going to be jealous.

i was running low on air which is why it really dropped off and was so hard to keep constant... when i get a refill of air i will post another of the viking and one of the dm.
    VV04962 yeah thats my Pewter CnC X-mag

Looking for a milled 04 featherlight viking!!!

my feedback!!!https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...84#post1584884