Thread: Help with Tac-one

Help with Tac-one

Fired my tac yesterday and everything was fine, aired it up today after last night taking the valve apart and it's going full auto every once in a while.

Im running my ULT with one shim, valve has 3 shims in it.

this has happened before and all i did was remove a shim from the ult and it worked flawless until now. i tried going down to no shims in the ult and that didnt help either. Anyone had this problem before? anyone know what steps i should take to fix it?

Have you ever adjusted the length of your sear? That might do it.

nope i sure havent how do i go about that?

No, I was asking you if you had. If you had the length might have been different and wierd. I have no clue after that one man.

well i added shims to the ult instead of taking them out and it seems to correct the problem for now at least,i was always under the impression that if you are expirencing full auto, or "runaway" to take shims out of the ult. I took one shim out of my valve, don't know if this did anything or not. so now im running 3 ult shims, and 2 valve shims. I still dont know for sure if the problem is fixed for good. any input would be great, thanks guys

How old is your Tac One. If it is new, it may still be in the break-in period and require some periodic adjustment until it is fully broken in.

custar

i got it in march 2007, It's been threw alot of paintball since then, and this is the only problem i've had with it. I just don't want it on full-auto because I already over shoot people enough, i think i would feel bad hitting someone with a burst the way it was shooting.

In that case, break-in shouldn't be your problem. Check your sear and bolt to make sure neither is worn. There can be runaway if the sear isn't catching the bolt on each cycle. Try adding a shim and then a second if the sear and bolt are in good shape. If adding shims doesn't cure the problem, go back to your baseline o-ring configuration and try a stouter spring. Let us know if any other that helps.

custar

Went out and got more air and it all good now. Im running 3 shims in the ult and 3 in the valve. If I have any more problems when i test it again later, i'll let you guys know.