Thread: short vid of my custom rt pro with y-frame

short vid of my custom rt pro with y-frame

this vid is of my rt pro dry fire. its got an x-valve with a ult which is surprising cause people say the ult reduces reactivity. well u be the judge.[IMG][/IMG]

it doesnt completely remove the bounce but you can tune the ult so its difficult to do.

whats the pressure from your tank at?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff
    whats the pressure from your tank at?
    That's what I want to know too. I can get similar results with my Crossfire 850psi Preset...

its around 850-900. its a preset reg. but i want to up it to 1000 but i cant find a reg to to that.

what kind of tank?

I ask because my budyd just picked up an RT, and we are looking for a good used tank. trying to keep it within budget, so the new fancy pants adj. ones are out.

your best bet on a cheap but good tank is a pure energy they are inexspensive and really the only thing that goes on them are the fill nipples. and those only cost like 5 bucks. the tank i have now i think is an air america cause thats what the regulator face said when i got it from my brother. keep in mind this is an xvalve that i have a a ult in and i keep it almost drowning in oil. ive noticed though that to much oil will cause the valve to bounce less untill it has cleared some of the oil out.

How many shims do you have in your ULT?

4+ and it will bounce every time.

I have 4 in most of my mechs and they bounce without fail after shimming the ULT beyond 3 shims.

I run a preset 850 crossfire as well. I can get mine to sustain a rope thats pretty fast.

With my Dyna-flow set to 1000psi,... people get a bit upset over how fast it shoots.

~ P8nt

i belive i have 4 shimd in it. i have tried adding the 5th shim and when i do the gun goes full auto with no chance of shooting one shot. itll do this for a short time and then i get bolt stick. take out the 5th shim and i get this crazy bounce with no bolt stick problems. its amazing how this tiny little shim makes that much of a change in how the gun fires.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Proballer
    i belive i have 4 shimd in it. i have tried adding the 5th shim and when i do the gun goes full auto with no chance of shooting one shot. itll do this for a short time and then i get bolt stick. take out the 5th shim and i get this crazy bounce with no bolt stick problems. its amazing how this tiny little shim makes that much of a change in how the gun fires.

Okay. So if this is the case,.. get some air and start removing shims (1 at a time) and see how much each give you for bounce.

Most of the ULT owners find 4 shims to be a bouncy gun

Around 2 shims is where my mech mags have a tiny bit of bounce but the judges tolerate my playing with it. 3 shims on some is okay,.. but I get a big difference in bounce.

When you do these shim removals,... try to use the same tank as some pre-set regs are not the same output. This will effect your results.

Test and post back here,.. Im subscribing to this thread to see what you find.

~ P8nt

its around 850-900. its a preset reg. but i want to up it to 1000 but i cant find a reg to to that.

You can add shims to a preset reg to raise the input pressure.

I have not done this,... Im pretty sure a pro-shop WILL NOT do this (per insurance reasons).

I know someone that has a preset reg that puts out 1100psi (so they said).

I have seen the pre-set tank run a mag and put out a rope of paint as expected.

~ P8nt

well i kinda like the bounce that i have with the 4 shims. but what u say about shimming the tank reg, how do i do this and what kind of "shims" do i use? cause 1000 psi out put has been a goal of mine for my mags for a long time.

but what u say about shimming the tank reg, how do i do this and what kind of "shims" do i use? cause 1000 psi out put has been a goal of mine for my mags for a long time.
    I cant comment on HOW to do it,.. because I have no idea if its legal or safe.

Ive seen it done,.. but do not know the specifics on how to do it.

The safest way would be an adjustable reg being replaced with your pre-set.

If you have a tank that needs to be re-tested, simply box the new reg with the tank, write a simple note "pleae remove the existing regulator and install this new one and test".
    Ive done this a few times when sending my tanks out and have had zero problems with the tanks since.

You can grab a simple adjustable over on ASP for $50-250

CenterFlag 200 Adjustable HPA Reg

CenterFlag 201 Adjustable Reg w/ On/Off

CenterFlag Dynaflow Adjustable Reg w/ On/Off

I have 2-3 Dynaflows and two 201 regs on my tanks. IMHO, you cant BEAT a Centerflag Regulator.

~ P8nt

a little while back i bought a hyper flow 200 used on ebay. so i had to take the reg off my self. so i know how to do it. but after installing the new adjustable one i found i got jipped cause it was broken. so i just put the preset one back on. the dyna flow looks great and ill look into that one. thanks