Thread: Xmod, versions?

Xmod, versions?

Does anybody have any information about the xmod software. I heard that one version of it had bad solenoid timing and the sear would chew up the bolt.

I would like to get xmod but not if it chews up the bolt. how many versions of xmod were there and where can a guy find it?

Thanks.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    ive got at least 3 versions. use 1.8 and you should be fine

Are you the guy to talk to about getting xmod?

Xmod 1.8 is the final one released. The previous versions all had one minor bug or another in them, usually not relatted to working the gun, but to the software itself. There are also different versions of 1.8 with different start points for the ramping. (Since there isnt enough room on the chip to make it user-adjustable, Lornecash just made a few different versions)

To get the Xmod software you are supposed to purchase a programmer from Lornecash. Go to http://www.niedtech.com/ for more info.

BigE is right and he answered almost everything you asked. I just want to complement his answer with two more points:

- The thing about "chewing" the bolt happened in the earlier BETA versions (1.5 and maybe 1.6) but mostly with bad timed guns and only in Full auto
    - The 1.7 and 1.8 versions are almost the same (I still use 1.7 on mine, since I got it so stable). The main difference are the inclusion of the Millenium mode on 1.8 and the ramping starting settings BigE mentioned.

Now, go to the site he pointed you and talk to LorneCash, who developed the whole thing. One thing I can tell you for sure: it will be your dream Mag. Go for it. That software makes miracles. Trully.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    To get the Xmod software you are supposed to purchase a programmer from Lornecash. Go to http://www.niedtech.com/ for more info.
    1. LICENSE
    THIS AGREEMENT ALLOWS YOU TO:
    INSTALL AND USE THE SOFTWARE ON YOUR PERSONAL GUN OR GUNS.

2. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS
    (A) YOU MAY NOT REVERSE ENGINEER, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE, OR OTHERWISE
    REDUCE THE SOFTWARE TO A HUMAN-PERCEIVABLE FORM.
    (B) YOU MAY NOT RENT, LEASE, LEND OR SUBLICENCE THE SOFTWARE.
    (C) YOU MAY NOT MODIFY THE SOFTWARE OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS BASED
    UPON THE SOFTWARE.
    So I've seen a certain web site that claims to have an mag over haul program that will flash your marker with any version of AGD software or XMod... I take it from the above quote and the XMod manual guide06.pdf that they may be breaking a license agreement with Lornecash. Thats too bad, I am glad I bought my programmer from Lornecash.

All I can say is be and buy from Lornecash... It's just good Paintball Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    So I've seen a certain web site that claims to have an mag over haul program that will flash your marker with any version of AGD software or XMod... I take it from the above quote and the XMod manual guide06.pdf that they may be breaking a license agreement with Lornecash. Thats too bad, I am glad I bought my programmer from Lornecash.

You are right indeed. That's the right thing to do, otherwise you are doing piracy. He owns that code and worked hard over it. He deserves the right to receive something back and, still, it's cheaper than any board from any other manufacturer (considering the programmer also costs over half of what he asks for it).

Gainesville, FL || Show off your beloved mags at www.Automags.net
    I have an Xmod programmer for sale. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Looper

www.modmymag.com

now that my name has been brought up ill speak on this.

I miss-worded my site when I put it up first, fixed that. All flashes I do are free of charge, I am not advertising XMOD as the software nor saying I can or can't do it. If you ask i'd do it for free just please give me $ for return shipping and gas $ to the PO.

None-other-the-less there is a few flaws in lorne's end user agreement. 1st you arent forced to agree or read it before getting the needed flashing software, secondly you can flash 'your' guns. Therefore one could 'own' someone else's gun flash it then give it back. Draft a simple contract that says flasher owns gun Z for a period of time then he/she is to return ownership by Y date to previous owner.

Karma good? no, but however isnt this the same as buying the used programmer programming your emag(s) and then selling it? I don't see a difference in money to lorne as he doesnt get anything from that. Also some people arent as inclined to computers and cannot preform the flash (not by they cannot but by fear of frying the board).

Can some one please elaborate on the AGD software versions beyond 3.2, like what features they have and where to get them?

And also, your thoughts about reselling/buying used XMod programmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School 626
    Can some one please elaborate on the AGD software versions beyond 3.2, like what features they have and where to get them?

On Lornecash's web site, http://www.niedtech.com/, on the front page he has a nice chart that breaks down all the features of the major versions of firmware.

I don't ever plan to sell my programmer; I might pick up another E/Xmag someday... Gun whore in training...

3.2 was the last version AGD released. there was 4.xx versions made (by miscu iirc), but they were never "released" , but many people here have 4.xx (4.01, 4.02, etc)

4.xx did not have as many shooting modes as 3.2, and I personally prefer xmod to 4.01

as far as used xmod programmers go. As long as they work they should be fine. most people keep good care of fragile parts like that. Programming is very very very easy too. It is laid out step by step in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    now that my name has been brought up ill speak on this.
    Not trying to call you out. just giving facts.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    Not trying to call you out. just giving facts.

I agree, dont want to sound like a jackass or anything. please chime in on my past statement.

Looks like XMag World is back up so you can find a version chart here as well.

Damn I go away for a day and everything I ever wanted to know about xmod is laid before me. Thanks everyone.