Thread: 6 Pak

6 Pak

Well what I've noticed is a re insurgence of pump play, why isn't AGD reproducing the 6 pak. They are a niche company that could produce a niche product again.

The only reason the 6-pack was made was to basically circumvent the rules and make them worthless. Before the 6-pack came out, tourney play was limited to 12-gram only, no constant air allowed. The 6-pack basically was constant air, but it used 12-g's, so it was allowed.

Point is, any 7-oz or so co2 tank will do the job cheaper and easier. Stock class pump doesn't allow for a 6-pack design anyway, so there is no real purpose for it today (other than "neat o").

The limited demand and cost of ramping up for production would make it fairly expensive and dubious about the ability to recupe the initial expense.

I always liked them but have always felt that the expense was out of line for what you got. Even more so with constant air and the other 12 gram systems on the market.

I just love mine.
    It always fools somebody into thinking that you're out of air and they have a few seconds to rush your position.

SILLY BOYS

you could convert a single into a 6 pack maybe

And all of those broken windshields in the staging area!

Quote Originally Posted by Old School 626
    And all of those broken windshields in the staging area!
    LOL I guess so.

who uses a six pack or would?

honeslty, i dont see much of anyone using 12 grams anymore, or 6 a game if they are.

most the guys are buying 3.5 oz tanks and the 13ci tanks and a few 22's

i believe AGD said they would sell the tooling if someone really wanted to make more though i could be wrong or misread something

I would definitely use a 6pak.
    Would go very well with my pistol

Sold one of mine to a fellow AO'er. He hard chromed it to match another project gun of his. He sent me a few pics and it looked awesome.
    I still use my other 6 Pak. People look at it likes it from another planet. It's pretty funny really.

Eyes for your EMAG? Oh yes! PM me for an ACE board. Replacement Xmag ACE boards too!
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 cal
    Sold one of mine to a fellow AO'er. He hard chromed it to match another project gun of his. He sent me a few pics and it looked awesome.
    I still use my other 6 Pak. People look at it likes it from another planet. It's pretty funny really.
    Can you post those pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronobreak
    who uses a six pack or would?

honeslty, i dont see much of anyone using 12 grams anymore, or 6 a game if they are.

most the guys are buying 3.5 oz tanks and the 13ci tanks and a few 22's
    I use mine every chance I get...I actually like it better than my 3.5oz for my 68 Magnum.

There's also the OS "oooooh and awwwwwwwwe" factor for the youngin's to marvel at.

"Point is, any 7-oz or so co2 tank will do the job cheaper and easier"

Oh yee of little to no pumpgun tournament experience.

The 6 pack was an ARTIST'S tool. Allow me to regale you with a few historical anecdotes that render your commentary into so much bushwah.

1. referees often took a partisan approach to the game by standing close to unfriendly players in order to reveal their locations for their friends. The ejection trajectory of a 12-gram from a 6pak was controllable and many an unfriendly referee was discouraged from getting too close by bouncing 12grams off of their foreheads

2. woodsball offered variation in terrain elevation, and 'holes in the ground' or 'reverse slopes of hills' were favorite shooting positions. Hitting those players was often impossible - unless you had a 6pak with an almost expended 12gram lined up. Bloop, Bloop, gone.

3. likewise, sometimes that opponent was just a leetle too far away. 5 shots per 12gram, in rapid succession (up to a max of 35 shots) allowed you to supercharge without even taking the barrel off target. Suddenly, those guys were reachable.

4. if you were one of those players who liked to shoot just a little hot, a spent 12gram in the chamber was undetectable and let you cheat the chrono

5. CA players unfamiliar with the 6pak only saw a gas-thru stock walking onto the field. The charges they made when they thought you were changing were priceless.

6. I don't know about anyone else, but watching the Werewolves, all 15 of them, raise up their LapCo Grey Ghosts equipped with ViewLoader 90 round hoppers and AGD 6paks and cook off every last shot at 7 to 9 rounds a second while changing 12grams, all in one fluid motion, was a thing of beauty and a wonder to behold. Anyone victimized by a Werewolves 'Airmail' call can attest to that - if they're willing to admit to it.

all I need is a square spring to make mine operational again...
    Last edited by rabidchihauhau; 02-20-2008 at 08:17 PM.
    VENGEANCE PAINTBALL DISTRIBUTORS
    X.O. INDUSTRIES PAINTBALLS

Nice commentary Steve! And these kids today think they know how to play paintball......

AGD

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    Nice commentary Steve! And these kids today think they know how to play paintball......

AGD

They know how to ball DUH

I remember practicing with my 6 pack until I could change a 12 gram in the time it took to fire one round. You could hardly notice the pause. Then, of course, the rules changed. I never did get you use my 6 pack in an actual tournament. Tom did personally apologize though, albeit some 15 years later.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Hitech -

YES!

A skill required and drilled for by the Werewolves. (Our drill was, rapid fire until the drill master yelled 'change!'. We went through a LOT of Leland 12 grams that way.)

Tom,

if someone wanted to make 6paks again, would the rights be available? And, if so, are plans/drawings still touchable?

We just used empty 12 grams. I wasn't rich!

if i could afford one and played more often than my extremely limited amount now due to college i would totally get one, but i would also probably buy a new gun for it to go on, even though my sniper 2 can get about 20-22 shots off a 12ie on a good day with 2 seconds between each shot id like a little more if i could

-matt

Quote Originally Posted by rabidchihauhau
    I don't know about anyone else, but watching the Werewolves, all 15 of them, raise up their LapCo Grey Ghosts equipped with ViewLoader 90 round hoppers and AGD 6paks and cook off every last shot at 7 to 9 rounds a second while changing 12grams, all in one fluid motion, was a thing of beauty and a wonder to behold. Anyone victimized by a Werewolves 'Airmail' call can attest to that - if they're willing to admit to it.
    does anyone have a vid of that? id love to see that

oh i miss the old school

Ready access to video recording technology was not a common thing back in those days.

I doubt very much that a complete team airmail action was ever recorded, and I doubt that any of the video that was made is available anywhere; this was 89 to 92, 18 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by rabidchihauhau
    Ready access to video recording technology was not a common thing back in those days.

I doubt very much that a complete team airmail action was ever recorded, and I doubt that any of the video that was made is available anywhere; this was 89 to 92, 18 years ago...
    yeah tis a shame electronics didnt have that when i started, but who knows......it always worth a try and ask

thanks

I love my 6 Pak, use it every chance I get with my Phantom. Works great as a stock and then it has that hidden surprise lurking for the unsuspecting "baller".

Hey, even if we had had the electronics, chances are I would have been out taping some other team, and would have refused to let anyone tape my team, lol.

theres one for sale here if anyones interested
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AGD-6-PAK-AirGun...d=p3286.c0.m14