Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oh my gawd what have I done...

before i post anything i gotta work out the legalities... i dont want this coming back and shooting me in the bum...
    Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags

Hmm.. I could make it pretty easily.

What was the overall cost? Im wondering how much it would set me back in parts...

Originally posted by clockworkmiller
    still under debate, but the leading idea is the tippman squadbuster
    thank you that way my idea im glad someone saw the humor...
    anyways my friend has an old scrap go cart and he started fixing it up today after school. we're going to try a swivel mounted paintball morter/potato launcher on top. if it works we're going to see about useing it for the senario game with william shatner. "warp speed mr. sulu and duck scotty thats a moch 1 paintball launcher."

btw i posted one of those pics as wallpaper on my comp

Originally posted by Thordic
    Hmm.. I could make it pretty easily.

What was the overall cost? Im wondering how much it would set me back in parts...

Less than 100

the ball valve is probably the most expensive part besides the tank.

Could you make a demi-version of it for firing foam peanuts? That would be funn....

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

I think you need to rethink that velocity a lil bit. 1200 fps? The fastest shotgun loads shoot 1500 fps, and they only fire around 3/4 oz of shot. Now, you have a, lets say, quarter pound potato going the same speed as a pattern of shot. That small amount of shot has no trouble downing any small game out to 40+ yards. Assuming your spud gets there in one piece, your cannon could probably take out anything it strikes. I wouldn't mess around with power like that. Of course, no offense to you, but I believe that the real velocity of your potatoes is closer to that of maybe a daisy air rifle, somewhere between 500-700 fps. A slower velocity will also mean a lesser force, a lesser force means lesser injuries. It would be great to see the chronograph's reading of this velocity, and generally it will differ greatly, because of the inconsistency of the potatoes.

Lesser injuries? Why the HELL would anyone aim a potato gun at a person? You shouldn't even THINK about aiming these things are people. High speed spuds are dangerous!

3/4 inch particle board with formica laminate...

ENTER...

This was with a SMALL potato... It fit in the barrel without needing to be shaved.

3/4 inch particle board with formica laminate...

EXIT

This was ONLY 600 psi.

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped
    my friends and i made a patato gun for a science fair proj, but we didn't use air... we used FIRE . we were shooting it off of my friend's roof but the recoil was so great that i almost fell off, heh it was a huge house, more liek a mansion really.

ThePatriot Guest
    You could bring that thing to afghanistan and fight with it. That slaughtered particle board so so badly, you could easily wipe out a regiment of troops with it....lol

Wow, that's a nice big hole in the particle board. How would we regulate this down to make a nice big paintball cannon? I mean BIG paintball cannon... It would be nice for a paintball tank. I literally mean tank to, not one of those go karts or fixed up cars, a fully enclosed paintball tank...

Originally posted by FooTemps
    Wow, that's a nice big hole in the particle board. How would we regulate this down to make a nice big paintball cannon? I mean BIG paintball cannon... It would be nice for a paintball tank. I literally mean tank to, not one of those go karts or fixed up cars, a fully enclosed paintball tank...

That would be pretty easy actually. I would just cut the reg to around 50 psi output.

I hate people who say paintballers are dangerous!BTW guess who has a new project for fun..errr...school?ME!I am goind to make a spudzooka.One that you hold,and push a button to fire.

Hey butterfingers id pay good money for a plan of it or if legality is an issue maybe a "Hint or two". My parents say i need a new hobby might as well be launching spuds

That pesky police helocopetr... j/k it would actually be really neet to see and play with it!!!!!!
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty; I woke and found the life was Duty.
    --Ellen Sturgis Hooper

Draw up some plans and specs. My and my friend will make one. we could get our local feild owner to let us use it as stationary artillery. load it up with some paintballs and let it fly. aim at 60-70 degrees and fire! I can mount it on a golf cart!!!!! will that work of a 50lb co2 tank???

Spudzooka + paintballs + golf cart + 50lb CO2 tank = One Heck of a feild artillery cannon!
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

Im not selling the plans, If I knew for sure I wouldent get in any trouble the plans would be free. But like everything else in this world nothing is for sure.

I will be answering questions though. So if you have a question ask away. I just don't want the ATF busting my door in or a bunch of lawyers slamming me with a box full of lawsuits.

Its real easy to make so look closely and ask for details, happy spudding. Make sure you use only high strength STEEL piping for the air chamber.

Just think a bunch of pipes attached to the valve with a 1/8 inch NPT fitting tapped into the back.

The rest is as easy as hooking up a paintball gun. Clue: there is nothing but an empty void (and lots of loctite) inside the pipes.

Once again I will be HAPPY to answer questions.

more clues firing procedure:

1) Ram a potato down the barrel.

2) Cock the spring loaded ball valve so that it is in a closed position.

3) Blow the slide check so that the chamber fills. Takes a few seconds.

4) Aim.

5) Stand back and pull the "rip cord" attached to the valve release mechanism.

6) Examine damage caused by flying spud.

Originally posted by HoppysMag
    Draw up some plans and specs. My and my friend will make one. we could get our local feild owner to let us use it as stationary artillery. load it up with some paintballs and let it fly. aim at 60-70 degrees and fire! I can mount it on a golf cart!!!!! will that work of a 50lb co2 tank???

Spudzooka + paintballs + golf cart + 50lb CO2 tank = One Heck of a feild artillery cannon!
    Yes it most definately will work off a 50 lb co2 tank. That was its original design intention when I thought it up. However the projectile speed would be somewhere around 900fps. You are gonna have to regulate that co2 down to about 50-100 psi for it to be safe.

ya, i really have no need to shoot potato's or paintballs for that matter @900fps

I will buy that off of you. I was going to build one for science, and this will save me all the time.

How about this....you put all the plans down,i will cocver my ears so that I can't here you.Then ill say i thought of it myself.Hear no evil,speak no evil,read evil!

Originally posted by MagMan5446
    I will buy that off of you. I was going to build one for science, and this will save me all the time.

I will cost you more than the cost of the cannon itself to ship it from NY to CA.

Heres another clue:

My completely unrelated Home Depot reciept.

2 in steel end cap
    2x6 in steel nipple
    2in - 1.5 in steel reducer fitting
    1.5x2 in steel nipple
    1.5 in brass/stainless ball valve.
    Loctite red.
    SCH 40 10x1.5 IN pvc piping
    1.5in pvc thread fitting.

The rest of the stuff I had laying around. Next time I will keep you entertained with how to make a fast "water valve" opener. So that you can turn on your "faucets" really really fast.

I wouldnt suggest using PVC. If something goes wrong and it explodes, PVC shatters and creats shrapnal. You'll want tubing that splits, instead of shattering.
    WDP: "Our gun is $400 shinier than yours." - Miscue

"Evil Tom Grinns......" - Tom

Woohoo! I thought me and my friend john were the only crazy ones around! We have about 4 or 5 of those things laying around...Not quite as efficient as the raptor but we use a compressor so we never run out. This way its safe too because the compressor only fills the air chamber to around 60 psi so whatever we're shooting out of it isnt going terribly fast. We havent actually chronoed the things but they launch stuff pretty fast pretty far...about 300 fps id guess. we are eventually going to mount them on an old golf cart and turn it into a tank for scenario...its gonna be great.

And Sheperds we shall be / For thee, my Lord, for thee / Power hath descended forth from Thy hand / Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. / So we shall flow a river forth to Thee / And teeming with souls shall it ever be. / In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sa

Originally posted by clockworkmiller
    I wouldnt suggest using PVC. If something goes wrong and it explodes, PVC shatters and creats shrapnal. You'll want tubing that splits, instead of shattering.

The PVC is only for the barrel not the chamber. If I used it for the chamber it would DEFINATELY burst. I don't think at any point the potato will resist 330 psi of expanding pressure. Gasses always flow the path of least resistance (ie.) pushing the potato out of the barrel. At its maximum resistance this only equates to 20 lbs of pressure.

Using a steel barrel would require me to hone the welds out of the barrel to make it smooth.

Talking

You have to post the quicker faucet valve recipe quicker I damn near almost killed myself trying to brush my teeth. But I managed (<--see) It would be excellent if you get them soon or I might not be so lucky next time

Smile

I have 9oz 20 oz 20 oz and a 16 oz tanks would i be able to use any of these? I dont really want to use my dad or my N2 systems. This is all about super powerful water pressure to get those hard to clean dishes.

Yes, it would probably be more powerful. That hole in the particle board was caused by 550-600 psi regulated. Unregulated co2 is around 800-900 psi on a warm day. Just try to keep liquid out of the system.

Remember do this at your own risk. I am not responsible damage caused by mach 1 spuds or you dumping insane amounts of pressure into the chamber. If all of you can agree to that I have no problem posting more tips.

Also try to keep it below 800 psi it will give you a fair saftey margin.